• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, but it's not a purely non-sexual thing either. The show uses it as a stand in for a lot of things, but one thing it's consistently used for is to imply some relationship connection. A familiar one with Steven and Greg, and abusive one with Lapis and Jasper, and a fulfilling marriage with Ruby and Sappire.
or a mutual hate for someone

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, but it's not a purely non-sexual thing either. The show uses it as a stand in for a lot of things, but one thing it's consistently used for is to imply some relationship connection. A familiar one with Steven and Greg, and abusive one with Lapis and Jasper, and a fulfilling marriage with Ruby and Sappire.
Being asexual doesn't mean being unable to have a relationship with someone though.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Being asexual doesn't mean being unable to have a relationship with someone though.
No but there are clearly other ways to show being in a relationship even in SU. Being outside of the norm but still showing love and support both inside and outside of the relationship would be as good of a message if not a better one.

Again I love fusions as much as anyone, but I'd also like to see the show step out of that comfort zone and talk for others outside of the normal paradigm.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope peridot doesn't ever fuse, I've always seen her as being aesexual. Lapis and Peridot could work in a relationship, and never fuse. Like others have said it'd be good way to represent other types of relationships.

Dang. I'm conflicted.

I actually really want to see a Peridot fusion. But I also really want to see more asexual representation as someone who is Asex. And you're not wrong about Peridot.

Oct 26, 2017
Regardless if there's any sort of closer relationship explored between Peridot and Lapis, I do kinda want them to address the anxiety caused by Lapis leaving with the barn on both of them. After she came back during the wedding episode the whole thing felt a bit hand waved away.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
where do Lapis and Peridot live now that their barn was used to decorate blue diamond's face?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the usual lot are loosing their shit over the Sadie clip.

Really gotta wonder why some people still watch this show. It isn't going to get less progressive.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
So the usual lot are loosing their shit over the Sadie clip.

Really gotta wonder why some people still watch this show. It isn't going to get less progressive.
you think those people would've realized by now...then again discrimination doesn't exactly come from a place of intelligence

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
you think those people would've realized by now...then again discrimination doesn't exactly come from a place of intelligence
I wonder how many are anti-LGBTQ and how many are just mad about Sadie/Lars ship no longer being canon. It's important that I know which group is coming after me if I post their fanart to Tumblr

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to see Lars & Sadie <3

Too bad the ship is dead, but good for Lars in the previews being cool about it. But you can tell he still loves her.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Its hard to believe that people that still watch this show would be anti-LGBTQ, this show is extremely unsubtle about it. I think it's more people getting mad that Lars and Sadie ship isn't happening. Don't really care about it since Lars treated her like shit before he died.

That Dove ad legit has more dialogue from Opal than she's had for the entire series.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the neutral pronoun
Regardless if there's any sort of closer relationship explored between Peridot and Lapis, I do kinda want them to address the anxiety caused by Lapis leaving with the barn on both of them. After she came back during the wedding episode the whole thing felt a bit hand waved away.

Peridot never seemed to have a big attachment to the Barn, so much as with her friends. Lapis seemed to care more about it, since she did take it with her. But even now, they've both helped build a new home for themselves. I don't think there's a lot of underlying attachment to the barn.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
and people still act like Say Grandpa wasn't canon

eR5duZ3.png

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
gotta remember steven's still a kid so he's still gonna go through a lot of the emotional problems that kids/teens go through

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love Sadie's new tune. I always thought she was extremely il-fit for the suspect's songs. But now her sound is just YES.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Steven's going to leave Beach City for a while, isn't he.

Possibly even next episode, which is why these ten episodes were bundled together: Steven leaving is a good cliffhanger and story cutoff point.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this didn't feel too out of place for Teen-Steven.

Did seem odd that no one told him the band was breaking up though.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
gotta remember steven's still a kid so he's still gonna go through a lot of the emotional problems that kids/teens go through

Yeah, Steven kind of had to accelerate through adolescence due to all of the problems that came from Rose and the Gems still learning to be his guardians.

As a 16 year old, the only reason he's still even alive is he has had to grow, mature, and change his rather narrrow/limited view of the world/people around him. Yet, at times after years of doing that, he either never learned from those experiences or straight out forgot them exist.