• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
If you want more angsty Steven you should watch this that my friend sent me:

Steven and Connie use the word fuck, its weird.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
just occurred to me i don't think we've seen lion lately, he living with connie now or something?

Oct 25, 2017
Happy New Year

Lets see what 2020 gives us with more Steven Universe Future (given whats happening to Steven its looks to be very interesting at least) 👍

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
We still don´t know how long the limited series is, right? I watched ep. 9/10 and expected a finale, as wiki and Imdb only had 10 eps listed but nope.
I expected one of those King of the Hill finales where life goes on when i started ep 10 but nope. Big nope.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
We still don´t know how long the limited series is, right? I watched ep. 9/10 and expected a finale, as wiki and Imdb only had 10 eps listed but nope.
I expected one of those King of the Hill finales where life goes on when i started ep 10 but nope. Big nope.
We don't know the full length of the series yet, but it was a bit shown before (and very clear now) Episode 10 isn't the final episode of the series. We don't know when the next episodes are hitting or how long the series will run for though.

So firstly we don't even know if this is the last season of SU or not. There is something releasing later this year, an artbook that's description says it's to celebrate the closing of the series. But it's unclear if they mean the entirety of SU or the ending of the original series at this point in time. A show runner for another Cartoon Network Show (I forget which one, so sorry I'm citing this badly, this was a bit after the movie came out and Future was announced) mentioned a lot of people assumed by "limited series" and when it was set that this was the "final season" of Steven Universe, but he hinted this may be more than one season. With this, streaming services and other thing do clearly state this is "Steven Universe Future Season 1" rather than something like, "Steven Universe Future Limited Series" or the like. We also know the Crewverse are still working on new episodes, though there are a number of people who worked on the series who've finished their work on the show.

Whether this is more than one season or not, we don't know how long it is or when the next episodes come out yet. It does look like at the very least we have another 10 episodes to go, but my guess is this will be 25 episodes like most of the other seasons. But we shall see.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Expecting this to be 1 season, but I hope to see at least one more. I've been enjoying this a lot more than the last 2 seasons.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i dunno how you stretch out 15 more episodes after the conclusion of catcus steven tbh, at least in a natural feeling way

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, that is such a misguided take.

Takes a remarkably complex and nuanced character, tries to ascribe a singular shade to them, and then attempts to color all her actions with the same.

It is HILARIOUS coming from someone who thinks 'Cyclops was right.' Given the situation, the rebellion was probably the best thing Rose could do.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
I finished Steven universe season 5 yesterday. Was amazing. The twist was so fucking good - possibly one of the best in recent memories, and the ending was satisfying as hell. I was afradi they weren't going to wrap everything up, but they mostly did. The last 5 minutes were a bit rushed though - Lars just showing up at the end, and the diamonds got off a bit too easy given that they have been, up until this point, brutal dictators. Still a 5/5 finale though. So good.

Looking forward to SU: Future.

Steven Universe: The Movie
Might as well throw my thoughts for this here as well.

This was fine. But, just fine. It was a perfectly good hour and a half of television while also being somewhat disapointing and a far cry from peak Steven Universe.

I wasn't a fan of the villain and her Toy Story esque backstory, no was I a fan of her getting shipped off to the diamonds at the last minute.

I also really wasn't big on the "main characters lose their memories and have to recover them" plot they chose. I think they pulled those bits off well, but the concept is a bit of a turn off from the get go.

Also, Steven managing to fully fix the tens of thousands of year diamond empire in two years was a bit silly and hand-wavy.

The songs were solid though, Steven's new voice is charming (damn can he sing...!), and it had great animation.

3/5

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I finished Steven universe season 5 yesterday. Was amazing. The twist was so fucking good - possibly one of the best in recent memories, and the ending was satisfying as hell. I was afradi they weren't going to wrap everything up, but they mostly did. The last 5 minutes were a bit rushed though - Lars just showing up at the end, and the diamonds got off a bit too easy given that they have been, up until this point, brutal dictators. Still a 5/5 finale though. So good.

Looking forward to SU: Future.

Steven Universe: The Movie
Might as well throw my thoughts for this here as well.

This was fine. But, just fine. It was a perfectly good hour and a half of television while also being somewhat disapointing and a far cry from peak Steven Universe.

I wasn't a fan of the villain and her Toy Story esque backstory, no was I a fan of her getting shipped off to the diamonds at the last minute.

I also really wasn't big on the "main characters lose their memories and have to recover them" plot they chose. I think they pulled those bits off well, but the concept is a bit of a turn off from the get go.

Also, Steven managing to fully fix the tens of thousands of year diamond empire in two years was a bit silly and hand-wavy.

The songs were solid though, Steven's new voice is charming (damn can he sing...!), and it had great animation.

3/5

you could check out Zach's band if you want :P

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Thought this bump was about the supposed leaked audio.

Man, not having any Steven universe future to watch on the weekends sucks. I really enjoyed having this weekly show. Oddly enough, the chill vibe of these episodes made it feel like it was winter.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This post does not contain news or new info on SU Future

But I wanted to share this bc it's cute

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Thought this bump was about the supposed leaked audio.

Man, not having any Steven universe future to watch on the weekends sucks. I really enjoyed having this weekly show. Oddly enough, the chill vibe of these episodes made it feel like it was winter.
Start up netflix.
type in Kipo into the search if it's not already on your front page.
watch... and have an amazing weekend

alternatively watch infinity train seasons 1 and 2
or check out the owl house (note, despite me removing any time markers for me it won't stop starting about 60% through (where I left off showing a friend) so you might have to jump back.)

like this is by far the easiest hiatus for SU to ever absorb as there are a ton of great alternatives right now :)

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Start up netflix.
type in Kipo into the search if it's not already on your front page.
watch... and have an amazing weekend

alternatively watch infinity train seasons 1 and 2
or check out the owl house (note, despite me removing any time markers for me it won't stop starting about 60% through (where I left off showing a friend) so you might have to jump back.)

like this is by far the easiest hiatus for SU to ever absorb as there are a ton of great alternatives right now :)

Started watching owl house, but I don't have cable and I don't want to spend $27 to buy it on iTunes when we don't know how many episodes we're getting in volume 1. But the premiere was good.

Kipo, I need to watch. I'll add that to my list for this weekend. Thanks!

Also, I need to watch infinity train season 2.

Last edited:

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
Owl House ep 1 was good, ep 2 was decent.

Kipo was great and I binged the whole thing last night! More people should watch it!

DeadPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
well she does like to sing a lot.
and well... she is part pink cat (cheetah instead of lion I think) :P

Perhaps she died, and then learned from Steven :P
I'm only about half way through the season and at this point I think she is just alt universe Steven.... Universe.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
77c84a2df7c0e4a29b356ad277dcd2d2535f1c13.png

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
My vote's for either Lapis/Peridot or Jesse/MT (They are just adorable together).

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
These bumps give me heart attacks, damn. Really was hoping there'd be new episodes on the way

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Of those Lapidot. My favorite 'unconfirmed' CN ship is Connverse though