• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Steven's "first" movie, you say?

🤔
Maybe Future ends with Steven leaving Beach City, and we get another movie (maybe on HBO Max) about him returning a few years later as an adult and finally deciding on his place in the world.

But I doubt it, since Rebecca Sugar's statement in the latest press release seemed like it was her saying goodbye to the show. It seemed pretty final, but I guess it does leave some wiggle room for another movie.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Future ends with Steven leaving Beach City, and we get another movie (maybe on HBO Max) about him returning a few years later as an adult and finally deciding on his place in the world.

But I doubt it, since Rebecca Sugar's statement in the latest press release seemed like it was her saying goodbye to the show. It seemed pretty final, but I guess it does leave some wiggle room for another movie.

19698l.jpg

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Finally took the time to watch this and holy shit is it good. So many things I want to acknowledge, but most of all: Utena Pearl! WOW!

All I need now is Lapidot to happen and I'll be on cloud nine for eternity. Please let it happen. Please please please please please.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't raise an eyebrow if I'd literally ever heard them refer to it as the first movie before.

But now, when they're wrapping up the series? My eyebrow is FIRMLY raised.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't raise an eyebrow if I'd literally ever heard them refer to it as the first movie before.

But now, when they're wrapping up the series? My eyebrow is FIRMLY raised.
As adventure time has proven its definitely possible to continue the series even if its not in show form.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Now the last cartoon I used to like in high school is almost over. Fucking crazy. At least Adventure Time is coming back

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up about tickets! Just got ours. The only showtimes were for a "sing-along" event, so that should be fun. The run time was only 95 minutes, which makes me worry the episode isn't there, but it's probably just early listing errors.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up about tickets! Just got ours. The only showtimes were for a "sing-along" event, so that should be fun. The run time was only 95 minutes, which makes me worry the episode isn't there, but it's probably just early listing errors.
You're welcome! The episode will probably be before or after the movie. The description mentioned getting there early. So, you probably want to prepare for that. I went to the screening for friends last year and the bonus stuff was placed before the movie.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn the leaks/rumors might be true after watching that trailer.

The Diamonds find a joy in repairing corrupted gems becoming artisans.

Steven going on a camping trip to be alone for a while.

Steven proposing to Connie with a wedding ring and getting rejected because he's rushing into the idea of marriage for some reason. Making this the final straw that makes him snap and becomes corrupted.

Then a leak animation clip of the diamonds + the crystal gems + connie on lion rushing on a large body of water towards something. Presumably corrupted Steven as the Worm thing seen in the previews.
There's an audio leak of the proposal.

This is gonna hurt.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the cheapest way to watch cartoon network online? I have a shield TV. I normally sub to Philo, but it doesn't have CN. Would the next best thing be sling?

oh shit thanks bought
You're welcome! Just realized that we're getting two episodes a week next month up until the four part finale. I thought it'd just be one a week. This will be nice.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
episode titles in the wild

March 6th
In Dreams
Bismuth Casual

March 13th
Together Forever
Growing Pains

source: zap2it.com

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Well at least there's potentially a fun Bismuth episode thrown in there with all the traumatic episodes.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Source that, not a single one sounds real

Saw it somewhere online, but I can't find the source at the moment.

If it's fake, I apologize. But I saw the titles at the same time as "Mr. Universe" and "Fragments". So I assumed at the time it was all from the same source.

Regardless, it'll be verified sooner or later. So if I'm wrong, I'll take that L.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I am my monster does kinda sound like a parody of I am my mother.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I for one can't wait to see Steven's college application
I'm looking forward to the one where Steven's kid and Lar's kid (that was raised from the start to be a space pirate and is half human-lion thing and half gem) go out on a space adventure together and take down the Empire.

btw if someone didn't know what I was referring to, I was referring to the fact that HBO Max already is creating specials for Adventure time.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to the one where Steven's kid and Lar's kid (that was raised from the start to be a space pirate and is half human-lion thing and half gem) go out on a space adventure together and take down the Empire.

btw if someone didn't know what I was referring to, I was referring to the fact that HBO Max already is creating specials for Adventure time.
Someone should make a thread for that

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
How is the sequel series? My partner and I just finished the movie (which was fantastic) and I want to watch SUF, but she said her friend says it doesn't really have an overarching plot. Like it's a bunch of mini adventures. I'm not sure if I exactly believe that critique, so I thought I'd reach out to you guys.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
How is the sequel series? My partner and I just finished the movie (which was fantastic) and I want to watch SUF, but she said her friend says it doesn't really have an overarching plot. Like it's a bunch of mini adventures. I'm not sure if I exactly believe that critique, so I thought I'd reach out to you guys.
Nah that's likely fair to say about what has gone on in future so far.

It's basically been a series that is just covering all the lose ends of the original and showing where the characters are after the movie instead of pushing any overarching story, but it's hinting there will be one to finish things off.

basically it's a slow burn doing a great job of wrapping everything up and this next batch is likely to have some major story moments before the series comes to a complete end.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Nah that's likely fair to say about what has gone on in future so far.

It's basically been a series that is just covering all the lose ends of the original and showing where the characters are after the movie instead of pushing any overarching story, but it's hinting there will be one to finish things off.

basically it's a slow burn doing a great job of wrapping everything up and this next batch is likely to have some major story moments before the series comes to a complete end.
That's good to know. Thanks!