• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure we can take flair as indicative of alignment.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I certainly can understand the reasoning.
But I still would be hesitant to go by it

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I've been burned too many times thinking that someone "is town" only to realize that he/she/it wasn't

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if we were going to say alignment is indicative, then half-human and half-gemstone would be neutral. But this whole thing just feels like a rabbit hole that isn't worth going down because we get no answers and no information.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like if we were going to say alignment is indicative, then half-human and half-gemstone would be neutral. But this whole thing just feels like a rabbit hole that isn't worth going down because we get no answers and no information.

Exactly.

how about you two ? did you already made up your minds before EoD ?

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I do have a wild guess that we have a double voter and ventriloquist though
Flavor aside I'm eyeing exodus and loki
This is all before exodus claimed. Hours before. Here is exodus's claim:
I'm just going to come out now since I don't really see the harm and I know I'm going to end up on people's scum list anyways. I have a bit of trouble when there are 19 people in the game to begin with. -_- I also have no idea about the Steven universe whatsoever so all of this flavor is alien to me.

I'm town aligned and have the power of double vote. I am a human/gem fusion of sorts. Won't go into more detail than that.
A little under 6 hours before this claim Z-beat mentions not only a potential double voter, but that they're eyeing exodus.

Something stinks in this game, this feels like way too big a coincidence to just happen.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
So its going to be a running theme with me this game that there is no chance in hell imma be getting up for Day end.
So i supposed im going to do that thing now that always ends up biting me and thats make a day1 vote several hours out on a target i only have middling scum vibes on.

Vote: weemadarthur

i had similar feelings as others on her play, and i found myself agreeing with a lot of Sneeks' argument gainst her, and Wee's recent response did nothing to assuage this feeling.

but then it still a while out and there are a ton of votes still to be placed, so if nothing else i hope this vote helps make things a bit more interesting.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing, b-dubs. Monkey formed Maple Street entirely around the idea of distrust destroying town from the inside. That's straight up a game formed around flavor. Looking at my flavor name, I can make some pretty decent inferences as to the how the rest of the flavor names work regarding alignment. Taking that into account I'm guessing that flavor names can and do play into roles, especially given what flair exodus is inferring. So I my main thoughts are this: either exodus is telling the truth and Monkey didn't pick Garnet because it's too obvious, exodus is lying about the alignment and that flair is a supplied name, or the latter thought again but you're in on it too and you're trying to discredit me while also distancing yourself from exodus by questioning their alignment and that's why you had that weird pause in between me questioning how flairs work and you replying with doubt but otherwise backing up into a support behind nin.
186.gif

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
You want to lynch him because of that?
Just thinking out loud? 🤔

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
i think Z-beat has a point, flavor could likely be useful as its usually doled out with some semblance of order and reason.

BUT I think its excessively presumptuous to act on it yet, when we have far to few examples of it to make and kind of informed guess about it.
I bet it has some rhyme or reason to it, but until we have a solid grasp on said reason well just be pissing in the wind.
Your assumption on how the logic of the whole games flavor lines up is exactly that, an assumption.

Its shit to keep in mind, but not nearly enough to lynch on today.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should go more in depth with my thoughts on this.

7 hours til eod. They only thing that you can say is "Rage fooled me last game, better safe than sorry."
Take last game out of the equation. That takes out your bias for scum reading me (because I tricked you) and bias for town reading chuggs(because you didn't believe him last game).

Who else would you vote for/prod?

Probably Chuggs since he seems to be throwing a fair bit of shade by the looks of it. He also seems to be setting me up as a lynch candidate more than others are. Could just be cautious town, but he's certainly far more active than he was last game.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Double: Stantastic

Haven't seen much from you I feel. Mostly posts unrelated to the game.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have issue with this. Every time y'all try to solve the game it goes wrong. My aim isnt to solve the game, it's to pick away at it a piece at a time.

Yeah there isn't really a way to solve the game day 1 and while I'm not too inclined to put my trust in flavor, It's worth examining anyway

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Here are my current reads as of now. >> I'm still mostly getting Nulls, but that doesn't mean much as all it just means is I want to keep more of an eye on them until I can get a better reading.

oreomunsta: Has mainly lead the charge to vote out one of the low post counters and does not support wee vote. NULL but I need to see more.
B-Dubs: Started mostly posting gifs and a prod vote. So far has only really contributed to the debate on exodus, which could just be town finding something to focus on or scum taking advantage of it to throw suspicion off actual scum. NULL
Exodus: Double voter. Role is NAI as could be lying about flavor. Want to see more. NULL
weemadarthur: has contributed a lot to discussion and spent most of it talking with Neeks. NULL
Sawneeks: Has contributed a lot and spent most of it talking with wee. NULL
saenima: Engaged in discussion but hasn't contributed their own reads much. NULL and want to see more.
Queen Kong: New player need to see more NULL
EzekelRAGE: Has mainly focused on Chuggs but has def been involved in discussion. NULL
Meatwad: Hasn't contributed as much but posts haven't been too bad. Want to see more. NULL
WhySoDevious: Hasn't done anything at all so really want to see more. NULL
Lone_Prodigy: seems to be playing like he always has, voted for Z-beat just now. NULL
Stantastic: Hasn't contributed much and want to see more. NULL
Z-Beat: Has spent most of the day discussing flavor which might be useful down the line but not really now. Otherwise posts have been good so slight town leaning but NULL.
nin: Has been actively engaging in discussion and appears to be scum hunting, willing to town lean for now.
TheChuggernaut: Has had decent reads on people and contributing a lot to discussion. Willing to lean town for now.
Reki: Has had good posts and has contributed. Town leaning but want to see more.
Ketkat: Has contributed to discussion and hasn't done anything suspicious. leaning town.
NeonBorealis: I have liked most of what he has contributed so I'm willing to lean town for now at least.

As for who to vote for today *shrug*

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've got no real reason to change my vote, even though there's been some interesting threads to hopefully see where they go over the next few days.

Taking out a low poster seems like a solid pick for this day, so I'm sticking to Devious

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I'm here, and should be here for EoD too.

Do scums kill one person each? Or only one per night?

This sounds sooo new town, but at the same time, a mafia team could have such a good resource in a newbie that asks stuff and is willing to learn.

Confirmed role jumps to top town. Certainly the role is NAI but numbers-wise, it's a town role. Thatt is, it's much more common to be a town roLe. Unless scum needs it for balance purposes. With no other game design data, I'm going with the percentages here. Not voting exo.

This right here I like. Although past games can make you paranoid of situations playing out similarly, it's wise to lean on numbers when doubtful.

Here's the thing, b-dubs. Monkey formed Maple Street entirely around the idea of distrust destroying town from the inside. That's straight up a game formed around flavor. Looking at my flavor name, I can make some pretty decent inferences as to the how the rest of the flavor names work regarding alignment. Taking that into account I'm guessing that flavor names can and do play into roles, especially given what flair exodus is inferring. So I my main thoughts are this: either exodus is telling the truth and Monkey didn't pick Garnet because it's too obvious, exodus is lying about the alignment and that flair is a supplied name, or the latter thought again but you're in on it too and you're trying to discredit me while also distancing yourself from exodus by questioning their alignment and that's why you had that weird pause in between me questioning how flairs work and you replying with doubt but otherwise backing up into a support behind nin.

I agree with you, but Monkey surely knew this. So there's probably an odd flavour here and there just to mislead.

BUT I think its excessively presumptuous to act on it yet, when we have far to few examples of it to make and kind of informed guess about it.

I don't believe Z-Beat's argument is good, but if there's one point in the game at which you'd made a weird lunch like this, it would be D1. Not when the game has advanced, you have a lot more content to look at and little room to make mistakes.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Right so the people with the most votes today currently are: wee with 3, Stan with 2 (mostly due to exodus), and WSD with 2. We have two hours left and most of the votes are spread out or people haven't put down a vote yet (myself included). What's the game plan?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, that "I agree with you" to Z-Beat is in relation to Monkey liking to play with flavor in her designs. Not to the whole argument.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Damn, i forgot how painful it can be to chose between so many unknowns.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Currently my thoughts on you are Null, You seem townish, but everyone is trying to come across as town. So yeah null read for now
ok Vote: TheChuggernaut

You are putting too much weight into flavor.
Z-Beat has 20+ posts this phase and these are the only ones where flavour isn't mentioned:

This isn't how you solve the game D1.

Vote: Z-Beat
I was going to ask you about it earlier when you made your post about not getting involved in the flavor discussion, on who you thought was using it as busywork. Now I see.
Probably Chuggs since he seems to be throwing a fair bit of shade by the looks of it. He also seems to be setting me up as a lynch candidate more than others are. Could just be cautious town, but he's certainly far more active than he was last game.
Double: Stantastic

Haven't seen much from you I feel. Mostly posts unrelated to the game.
Interesting you say you would vote chuggs, but vote stan instead. IIRC werent you like townreading chuggs earlier or was that a joke?

My vote on chuggs: I listed earlier how I didnt like his fence sitting stances. Whether the stance is wrong or not doesnt really matter to me, as long as you make a stance. Weems being on him for the grammar thing was interesting. Chuggs also calling on exo and meat to "back up" his possible scum read of me stuck out to me as well. Which is why I wanted to see what meat thought and Exo thought about me individually in this game.

Exo nothing "real" on me.
meat has a null read on me.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

weemadarthur (3 votes)
Sawneeks - #426
KetKat - #478
Stantastic - #613

Stantastic (2 votes)
exodus - #624 (Double)

WhySoDevious (2 votes)
oreomunsta - #510
B-Dubs - #589

TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
saenima - #169 #492
Stantastic - #245 #613
EzekelRAGE - #635

nin (1 votes)
Stantastic - #233 #245
exodus - #490 (Double) #562
TheChuggernaut - #527

Z-Beat (1 votes)
Lone_Prodigy - #619

Meatwad (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #595

B-Dubs (0 votes)
weemadarthur - #162 #595
Queen Kong - #193 #200

lokiduck (0 votes)
NeonBorealis - #167 #387

Lone_Prodigy (0 votes)
Sawneeks - #263 #426

EzekelRAGE (0 votes)
exodus - #562 (Double) #624

saenima (0 votes)
oreomunsta - #210 #510

Queen Kong (0 votes)
B-Dubs - #161 #573

exodus (0 votes)
lokiduck - #232 #543

KetKat (0 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #164 #514

Not voting: lokiduck, Z-Beat, nin, Reki, saenima, WhySoDevious, Meatwad, Queen Kong, NeonBorealis

Post Counts:
nin: 62 lokiduck: 46 Sawneeks: 38 weemadarthur: 38 TheChuggernaut: 37 Z-Beat: 33 Queen Kong: 32 EzekelRAGE: 27 saenima: 26 B-Dubs: 23 oreomunsta: 17 Reki: 17 NeonBorealis: 17 Stantastic: 17 KetKat: 17 exodus: 16 Meatwad: 11 Lone_Prodigy: 8 WhySoDevious: 4

Current Countdown:
jsseayie0v

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
This is all before exodus claimed. Hours before. Here is exodus's claim:

A little under 6 hours before this claim Z-beat mentions not only a potential double voter, but that they're eyeing exodus.

Something stinks in this game, this feels like way too big a coincidence to just happen.
iirc exo's claim has been a sticking point with you?

What path are you taking with this? Do you think this is a scum ploy by exo/zbeat? Zbeat is scum?

Oct 25, 2017
UNVOTE

I don't see this taking off, and I actually kind of liked his response to me. Going to have to think about this.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
weemadarthur: has contributed a lot to discussion and spent most of it talking with Neeks. NULL
Sawneeks: Has contributed a lot and spent most of it talking with wee. NULL
TheChuggernaut: Has had decent reads on people and contributing a lot to discussion. Willing to lean town for now.
Reki: Has had good posts and has contributed. Town leaning but want to see more.
Ketkat: Has contributed to discussion and hasn't done anything suspicious. leaning town.

If I got this right you use this criteria to read someone;
- Has this player been contributing?
- Are this players' reads decent?
- Has this player done anything suspicious?

You mention that both wee and Sawneeks have contributed a lot, but null-read them. But then Ketkat and I have contributed (nothing suspicious on Ketkat too) and you town read us.

So I have to infer Sawneeks and wee have been suspicious in your eyes. Or maybe you don't like their reads. Would you mind elaborating?

By the way, if you have so many null reads - we all do D1 - you may want to mix them with your other reads. It could be easy for anyone to criticize your read list because that order highlights your null block.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got no real reason to change my vote, even though there's been some interesting threads to hopefully see where they go over the next few days.

Taking out a low poster seems like a solid pick for this day, so I'm sticking to Devious

While it is very likely that scum will have someone that's coasting by and hard to find, I'm not a fan of aiming for low activity people right now. It allows you to vote for someone without really having to scum read them at all. It absolves you from connections when people look back on who is voting for who.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd give this more weight if I wasn't the one voting for you. Like if you singled me out before I voted for you? Sure. But I voted for you and then you came in with a read. if I hadn't voted for you I don't know if you would have ever singled me out.

Forgot about this. I literally had to go back and reread that initial post where you voted for me, because it could've come from anyone. So I'd like to think my subsequent read came about organically and wasn't a case of WIFOM.

Plus someone else mentioned that town Saw pursues a new avenue while scum Saw revisits old haunts, and it did get me thinking. There was also another game where wee came to my defense so there's that to consider as well.

I'm fine with my vote where it is today though.

Oct 25, 2017
I have issue with this. Every time y'all try to solve the game it goes wrong. My aim isnt to solve the game, it's to pick away at it a piece at a time.
Yeah there isn't really a way to solve the game day 1 and while I'm not too inclined to put my trust in flavor, It's worth examining anyway

This is...alarming.

ok Vote: TheChuggernaut

My vote on chuggs: I listed earlier how I didnt like his fence sitting stances. Whether the stance is wrong or not doesnt really matter to me, as long as you make a stance. Weems being on him for the grammar thing was interesting. Chuggs also calling on exo and meat to "back up" his possible scum read of me stuck out to me as well. Which is why I wanted to see what meat thought and Exo thought about me individually in this game.

Exo nothing "real" on me.
meat has a null read on me.

You know, I'm actually not scum reading yet, but this read almost makes me want to, because it's like you aren't even reading my posts. I never asked them to back me up on my not scum read of you, I asked them to back me up on my statement that you were sneaky as scum. They were both in Simon also.

Oct 25, 2017

I still don't get where this is coming from. I spent all of day 1 of Simon campaigning for Simon like I was running for the President of Mafia

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017

Perhaps solve isn't the right word to use, but all this speculation does nothing when we have no flips and one claim so far. It's like wondering how Game of Thrones will end after watching the first episode.