• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Also B-Dubs why did you shoot meat and not exo or devious
I found exo suspicious yes, but not enough to kill them outright. Devious, we get nothing from. I was trying to shake something lose at the time and killing someone only I scum read would have done nothing but tell me if I was right or not.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Somehow it feels that town is killing itself and mafia ist just looking from the sidelines laughing

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
WhySoDevious
Reki
KetKat
NeonBorealis,
B-Dubs

can we have your thoughts on this situation ?

Would love to hear from you before the lynch.

As soon as i hear them out you are free to lynch me.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
got work today and likely wont be here much, sorry.

I found exo suspicious yes, but not enough to kill them outright. Devious, we get nothing from. I was trying to shake something lose at the time and killing someone only I scum read would have done nothing but tell me if I was right or not.
If you had another shot who would you shoot now
Somehow it feels that town is killing itself and mafia ist just looking from the sidelines laughing
I'll go back and read over your stuff but you have not given us any other viable explination for what Scum was doing during the last Day End. Their scummate got lunched, are you suggesting they sat by and did nothing?

He's upset that if you flip as peridot I'll have to look at the lightning rod thing more closely
why

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
HarmoniousUnpleasantAfricanjacana-size_restricted.gif

We literally just had this damn conversation

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
K, let me channel my inner Sawnness and see if I can do this some justice
you channeled well, young one u_u
Wait, lol do you know who I am or is that just a coincidence??
I guessed Peridot. >_>
We have a winner.
Glad you guessed right.
Will come back in time with the full details.
what even is this conversation. Kong, how did you guess Nin was Peridot? Nin, why are you not weirded out by this? Why does this all feel constructed????

Sawneeks: Not sure how to feel about her, usually i would hold no grudge against her but this time it seems kinda weird that she is going to be responsible for getting two town players killed. I think she followed the wrong tails and is getting played by Mafia
So which is it, nin. Am I getting played or am I leading it?
Even though I would love to see it, I won't want to see Sawneeks lynched the following day, since she caused the death of two town players. I for one am someone who can see that she made a human mistake.

I know, I know. "But Nin, she caused your lynch?" it was me who caused it in order to see who would push for my death. The meta moves are getting out of hand amirite?
[/QUOTE

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
you channeled well, young one u_u

what even is this conversation. Kong, how did you guess Nin was Peridot? Nin, why are you not weirded out by this? Why does this all feel constructed????

So which is it, nin. Am I getting played or am I leading it?

You are getting played and are following the wrong trails.

You are town

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
HarmoniousUnpleasantAfricanjacana-size_restricted.gif

We literally just had this damn conversation
you don't believe both could exist.
nin flips with the power. for theoretical sake lets say he ends up town
we already know exo had a double vote.
he then claims to have received a lightning rod. we also did not have a kill.

explain to me where the lie is. you are either asking for an item giver to claim and confirm the item, suggesting we dont have an item giver, saying exo is both a double vote and a lighting rod, or saying Exo is lying and Scum faked a No Kill night.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i said i would teoretically shoot her.
I still am since someone i know is mentoring her.
That's not what I meant. She apparently 'correctly' guessed your were Peridot with no reason as to why or what hints gave her that idea.

She correctly guessed your Role Name, how is that not red flags?

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
okay saw. Who are you going to focus on the next day ?

Again, i just want to look over the hill and lead town to maybe the right path

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
for real now, flip me and go after her the following day.
This is calm nin telling you the truth

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Sawneeks

can we please look into the future now ?
you roasted me enough, i acccept my fate and want to hear more of your thoughts.

The QueenKong Situation is rightfully either a funny coincidence or a huge red flag.
The way she worded herself however

I guessed Peridot. >_>

Makes it not a cool coincidence though

Queen Kong can you at least try to give out your explanation ?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017

You know what you're right. I've been drafting a post in short burst to answer old stuff since this morning but I couldn't come up with anything that hasn't been said already. So let me focus on this discussion instead.

The role talk is interesting. Especially because this is the first time I heard about a lightning rod, and exodus' talk about it left me with the doubt if he received that item from another player or converted into one after losing the double vote. I didn't want to ask because that could involve more claims and details, and that could clearly help mafia.

In terms of overall balance, no idea. It seems weird, but if you both are telling the truth, the question I'd make to the veterans is how do you balance those two roles with the PRs you give to the mafia team.

Flavour talk I don't know. This is one of the things I agreed with EzekelRAGE; as a non-fan it seems a bit alien to me. If I got this right the menacing characters in that gif posted earlier are the bad guys, but there's only four of them. We've been estimating the total mafia team size to be 4-5, so I have to wonder who would be the fifth meanie. But that's at best a weak hint at some design elements; at worst flavour talk could be used as a mean to distract from more important topics. So unsure on that front - although I guess it's super interesting for fans of the show -.

Regarding the "red flag". I've shared my doubts about Queen Kong. But those are based on a hunch, nothing concrete. The post in question could be just weirdly worded. Sometimes her styles confuses me a bit - like "If X was a scum" - so that's what gives me pause here.

But tell me nin. When you get lunched, do you want us to look at Queen Kong first? Is that your very first candidate right now?

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
But tell me nin. When you get lunched, do you want us to look at Queen Kong first? Is that your very first candidate right now?

After you had your blood filled feast just go after those that you feel most uncomfortable.
The most obvious would be ofc QK or Saw or oreo or chuggs. What happened to chuggs? Just chose whoever you think might be worth looking into and drop a vote in order to put some pressure onto them.

In my opinion the votes have not been used on their fullest as of now

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, we're not gonna talk about b-dubs and neon mysteriously disappearing then?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017

Didn't they say they've been busy?

The most obvious would be ofc QK or Saw or oreo or chuggs. What happened to chuggs? Just chose whoever you think might be worth looking into and drop a vote in order to put some pressure onto them.

Well, yes, you won't be here. But since you're asking me based on the premise that you'll flip town, I ask who would you want to lunch afterwards. Your top candidate, the most suspicious player right now. And let's add a bit more.

If said player flipped mafia, who do you think would be the most likely to be a partner-in-crime?

On the other hand, if it flipped town. Who would be your top suspect?

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
OK. now I've had enough time to catch up with everything that happened this weekend.

I'll be posting my thought sin various posts since I'm once again combing through all of the thread and honestly, packing all of that in one post is excessive.

So please, bear with me.

Well excuse me if I had a party all sunday and thesis work on monday. I can't be here 24/7 buddy.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
No, we are not, not with B-Dubs. I don't mean just you, Z-Beat. Everyone needs to respect this post:
Sorry, I've had a huge mess and haven't had the time for more than a few posts the last few days.

5. Please respect all of your fellow players. We ask that you respect a player's personal pronouns and be aware of accessibility when using non-default text formatting. Please do not refer to, or discuss, player activity outside of this thread, for the sake of the game's integrity.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't they say they've been busy?

Well, yes, you won't be here. But since you're asking me based on the premise that you'll flip town, I ask who would you want to lunch afterwards. Your top candidate, the most suspicious player right now. And let's add a bit more.

If said player flipped mafia, who do you think would be the most likely to be a partner-in-crime?

On the other hand, if it flipped town. Who would be your top suspect?

Glad you asked me.

Lets see

QK
Exo
Saw
Chuggernaut

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WhySoDevious
Reki
KetKat
NeonBorealis,
B-Dubs

can we have your thoughts on this situation ?

Would love to hear from you before the lynch.

As soon as i hear them out you are free to lynch me.

I'm reading the thread but I'm a little out of it right now. I've been focused on some other stuff happening today and last night, but I'll try and pull together some thoughts soon.

For now though, why are you resigning to being voted out? What do you think that will show us?

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
For now though, why are you resigning to being voted out? What do you think that will show us?

I resigned because other than Chugger or loliduk the other players who were talking to me are already cemented in their belief that i am scum ( saw, exo, stan aswell as QK )