• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
B-Dubs, if you really are town, then help us find who is the real scum so we don't have to be in this situation. I know we have no real way of proving our powers, but we are not scum, and we need to figure out who it is if we even have a chance.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
We've been speculating that there are 1-2 scum left. If there are 2 and we vote out town today, then things really will be drastic, but if there is only one scum left then we have a little bit more wiggle room to possibly win this, but if we want a chance we have to find scum today.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
If it's not you guys then it's probably Chuggs. We can't verify his role at all and Key made a post during the party I think we've overlooked to a degree:
WSD seemed very hesitant to place a vote on Chuggs despite saying that he was more interested in his flip than the person that he was voting for. It felt like there was a possibility that WSD was trying to cover for a teammate while still trying to keep distance between the two. So, if we had flipped Chuggs and he was scum, I would immediately have wanted to see WSD's flip as well.

I held on to my vote for as long as I did because there was a lot of pressure to place that vote. There was an almost 3-way tie going on between 3 very good candidates for a flip and I was worried about accidentally aiding scum team at the last second. I was trying to get as much information as I could by rereading back over all the posts as much as I could, but then Ezekal claimed in that odd way so I felt better voting there.
I'm curious as to why this doesn't go both ways. Ket thought a Chuggs flip would help with WSD, so why not the other way around. That same logic could certainly work the other way.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
If Chuggs really is scum then that means all three of the main trains were scum. If that was the case then what do you think of the votes made on that day?

Right so now that I've caught up let me talk about what I was doing during the night which was looking back at day 2.

Out of the days we have had, the most confusing one ended up being Day 2 and part of that we now realize is because two of the main trains were scum based. For that reason I decided to look at the three main trains that were around at the end of the day (oreo, Chuggs, and Zeke) to see if it can tell us anything.

Confirmed townies will have a T next to them and confirmed scum an S BTW

-Neon put the first vote on Chuggs. C=1
-nin(T) on Chuggs C=2
-Zeke (S) on Chuggs C=3
-Saw(T) on oreo (S) C=3 O=1
-exo votes Zeke(S) but misspells his name C=3,O=1
-loki on oreo(S) C=3, O=2
-Chuggs on oreo(S) C=3, O=3
-Stan on Zeke(S) C=3, O=3, Z=1
-Reki(T) on Zeke(S) C=3, O=3, Z=2
-Ket on oreo(S) C=3, O=4, Z=2
-Neon on oreo(S) C=2, O=5, Z=2
-nin(T) votes on other players C=1, O=5 Z=2
-Exo's vote on Zeke(S) registers C=1, O=5, Z=3
-Z-Beat(S) on Chuggs C=2, O=5, Z=3
-WSD(S) on oreo(s) C=2, O=6, Z=3
-nin(T) on Chuggs C=3, O=6. Z=3
-Saw(T) on Zeke(S) C=3, O=5, Z=4
-WSD(S) on Chuggs C=4, O=4, Z=4
-Chuggs on Zeke(S) C=4. O=3, Z=5
-Ket on Zeke(S) C=4, O=2, Z=6

Zeke (S) is eliminated!

I'll give my analysis of this data soon.

Especially since Oreo was a goon, and Zeke a role blocker.

Oct 25, 2017
I have to assume that Devious acting that way was to push my wagon ahead of the two other scum we had by just being suspicious as all hell

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, this feels like Dubs is trying to gather information about the Loki/Ket role for his scum partner. I don't like this much at all.

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
If Chuggs really is scum then that means all three of the main trains were scum. If that was the case then what do you think of the votes made on that day?

Especially since Oreo was a goon, and Zeke a role blocker.
If Chuggs is scum, then he was looking for town cred and had a better role than Zeke. If I'm right he was trying to pocket Neeks in the first few days, when he made their votes line up almost constantly, and did this to bus and build more town cred.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I have to assume that Devious acting that way was to push my wagon ahead of the two other scum we had by just being suspicious as all hell
When I did the analysis of the votes, it definitely looked like to me like a failed attempt to save both scummates that failed Saw and you switched to Zeke. I don't really see that happening if you are also scum.
Honestly, this feels like Dubs is trying to gather information about the Loki/Ket role for his scum partner. I don't like this much at all.
Honestly, this is what it felt like to me too as I really do not want to discuss the condition for us getting the shot :/

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Of course I'm trying to gather information, you're all about to kill me and blow the game. If Loki/Ket are telling the truth and you kill me that's game. So of course I'm trying to gather information, I want to win.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
If Chuggs is scum, then he was looking for town cred and had a better role than Zeke. If I'm right he was trying to pocket Neeks in the first few days, when he made their votes line up almost constantly, and did this to bus and build more town cred.
In that case how do you explain that Chuggs almost got voted out? Oreo was in the lead for a good long while there and since he was the goon it'd make sense, but suddenly votes on Chuggs started piling up and it was only Saw and them voting there that led to Zeke being voted out.

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it, if you're all agreed then let's get it over with.

Oct 25, 2017
Like there's two scum on me during day 2. During a day when two of the wagons were scum. Devious wanted to save his scum mate, but was self-conscious about it till the end were he just went for it. Oreo didn't even vote which makes me think he knew any vote he made would look suspect. Zeke spent most of his short time in the game trying to get me killed.

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Well...yeah. I don't think we have a 6 person scum team in a game this size lol
I think he means if I flip scum then I was the final scum. If not then it's two.

God's honest truth, I think y'all got pocketed by Loki/ket and their claim at this point scared you off them altogether. If they live through the night don't hesitate.

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: B-dubs

Monkey, come get me. The day is done and I wanna go to spec

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
DAY 7 ENDS

Monkey isn't around, so for now please don't talk here and wait for the flip.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. In sleepyland, everything was suddenly... tasteless. Where had the flavor gone?

B-Dubs has died!

Welcome to Beach City! This is Steven Universe mafia and you are aligned with town.

You are Sugilte, a gem Vigilante. You're the fusion of Amethyst and Garnet, and very strong, but not exactly stable.

Once per game, you may post SMASH: [playername] in the thread and that player will die. This is a public command (you are large and hard to hide), so use it wisely.

The game thread is here. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Dr. Monkey.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Good luck!

NIGHT 7 BEGINS

Night 7 ends:
c0bhhziw5h

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

In the dream, Steven appeared, and in his sleep, Lion stretched and rolled over, paws curling around the shape of his friend.

NeonBorealis has died!

Welcome to Beach City! This is Steven Universe mafia and you are aligned with town.

You are Steven Universe, a gem-human hybrid Party Host. Adapting to your unusual life and family is hard, and the journey is fraught, but you manage to keep your spirits up as best you can. And hey, you love a good party.

Once per game, you can keep the game thread open for discussion during the night phase. You may PM me (during a day phase) PARTY! and the thread will just keep on rolling until the next day phase.

This is a private command; no one will know you started the party unless you tell them.

The game thread is here. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Dr. Monkey.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Good luck!

DAY 8 BEGINS

Day 8 ends:
e8nf1cgwnd

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Right so as you boys can see Ket and I did live last night, so you probably want to immediately lunch us like B-Dubs wants you to. But please, do not vote at all until everyone has had a chance to say their peace. Scum will be looking for a chance to end things quickly because if we vote out town, they basically win during the night phase.

I know we can't fucking prove it but we are town and all i'm asking you is to please hear us out before you auto lunch us because if you don't town will lose.

Please just look at the numbers:

There are five people alive.
If there is 1 scum left then that's 4:1 town vs scum. If you lunch us then it's 3 and with the NK it'll be 2 1:1 = Scum wins.

Out of the possibilities there being only scum is more likely as NK'ing us last night would have been a for sure win for 2 scum and the only reason I can see they didn't is because they are afraid of our Vig. Shot and they wanted town to lunch us since they thought it'd be an easy to convince town on.

But even then,
If there are 2 scum left then that's 3:2 town vs scum. If you lunch us then it's 3 with it at 1:2 = Scum wins.

I know we look suspect as hell because we didn't die but please hear us out before lunching us, it's all I ask for.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They took the Steven out of Steven Universe! Now we're just in Universe!

Please don't vote anywhere just yet, and let's actually talk out this day some because this could be it.

I've been taking the time to think about the claims as they are, and what's verifiable and what isn't when I took a closer look at Chuggernaut and the claim that he's a 2-shot Alignment Cop. Which is here :

Okay, full claim time. Wanted to see if scum would claim something similar so I was holding off for a chance to counter, but I think my information could help us out.

I'm a town seer. Which is...basically just a two shot cop that Monkey decided to give a fancy name for some reason. Twice per game I can look into the future and see what the alignment is of a player.

Night one I checked Neeks because I was still suspicious of her after the stuff with Wee. She turned out to be town which is why my read on her changed so much on day two.

Day two I tried to check nin, but got fucking lighting rodded into god damn Exodus. (Thanks Neeks!) Came into the thread about to vouch for nin, but then realized what had happened. Exodus came up as town, which is one of the reasons I was so sure Malus was the baddie out of the two.

I really wish I could of come back with an actual scum player, but thems the breaks. I wasn't going to claim until I saw one of the two in danger of being killed just because I thought we could get some pretty decent information depending on who was pushing that.

I was considering the possibility of a scum switcher, but I have no idea how you would figure out the order of operations for the night phase with the lighting rod if you had one of those. I didn't consider a godfather until someone brought it up because I've never actually played with one before, but that makes sense to be in this game especially with 3 fucking cop checks in play.

Despite that, I still think Exodus is town. A scum double voter godfather just seems kind of wild.

He claims that he checked Sawneeks Night 1 and that he checked Exodus by accident on Night 2. What's weird to me right away about this claim is that while Green Checks aren't nearly as exciting as Red Checks, we received this claim on Day 6. Days 3 - 5, we receive no info about these claims despite the fact that someone like Exodus has been in contention and on people's minds quite a bit. If Chuggernaut had died any of those nights, then we would never have had any way to clear Exodus 100%, and that would have gone to his grave which makes me wonder why he held onto that info as if he knew he would live. However, beyond that, I went looking for other clues and I found this :

Anyway, as far as Malus and Exodus go, I'm inclined to believe Exodus is town as of now, which makes me think that claim from Malus is some phony bologna. I would check one of those two if you're going to check someone.

This quote was in relation to the Lie Detector test and who it should be used on. This happened on Day 4, well past the point that his power was used up. If TheChuggernaut had known that he had Green Checked Exodus, and that Exodus had already revealed his power with a Double Vote, then why was he suggesting that the Lie Detector should be used here? There is no chance that Exodus himself is a Godfather or that he dodged the check when a lightning rod happens, so why would he suggest someone that he knows is Town based on his own power and someone who everyone is suspecting?

Something stinks here about all of this.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really annoyed about town just falling over and dying.

I'm trying to solve things and scum hunt and people just don't engage at all. Especially loki and ket. I asked for input on several occasions about Stan's reads and everyone just ignores it, voting on instinct instead of using any evidence at our disposal.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really annoyed about town just falling over and dying.

I'm trying to solve things and scum hunt and people just don't engage at all. Especially loki and ket. I asked for input on several occasions about Stan's reads and everyone just ignores it, voting on instinct instead of using any evidence at our disposal.

Stan's reads are hard to parse. I've seen a good bit of the show, but I don't really understand what most of them are referring to at a glance, and they're all just vague enough that Stan could be making them up. If he is, he's doing an amazing job at a fake role claim though.

And we're here right now trying to help how we can.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
They took the Steven out of Steven Universe! Now we're just in Universe!

Please don't vote anywhere just yet, and let's actually talk out this day some because this could be it.

I've been taking the time to think about the claims as they are, and what's verifiable and what isn't when I took a closer look at Chuggernaut and the claim that he's a 2-shot Alignment Cop. Which is here :

He claims that he checked Sawneeks Night 1 and that he checked Exodus by accident on Night 2. What's weird to me right away about this claim is that while Green Checks aren't nearly as exciting as Red Checks, we received this claim on Day 6. Days 3 - 5, we receive no info about these claims despite the fact that someone like Exodus has been in contention and on people's minds quite a bit. If Chuggernaut had died any of those nights, then we would never have had any way to clear Exodus 100%, and that would have gone to his grave which makes me wonder why he held onto that info as if he knew he would live. However, beyond that, I went looking for other clues and I found this :

This quote was in relation to the Lie Detector test and who it should be used on. This happened on Day 4, well past the point that his power was used up. If TheChuggernaut had known that he had Green Checked Exodus, and that Exodus had already revealed his power with a Double Vote, then why was he suggesting that the Lie Detector should be used here? There is no chance that Exodus himself is a Godfather or that he dodged the check when a lightning rod happens, so why would he suggest someone that he knows is Town based on his own power and someone who everyone is suspecting?

Something stinks here about all of this.

That puts reasonable suspicion on Chuggs.

The question is, do I believe Loki and Ket, or Chuggs and Stan.

Loki and Ket's only confirmed power is being able to talk to each other at night. Well Mafia has that power by default.

If Chuggs is scum, then I either have to believe that there's only 4 scum in a game this town stacked, or that Stan is also scum.

Loki/Ket: do you believe Stan is also scum along with Chuggs? Or do you believe we only have 4 scum in this game?

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That puts reasonable suspicion on Chuggs.

The question is, do I believe Loki and Ket, or Chuggs and Stan.

Loki and Ket's only confirmed power is being able to talk to each other at night. Well Mafia has that power by default.

If Chuggs is scum, then I either have to believe that there's only 4 scum in a game this town stacked, or that Stan is also scum.

Loki/Ket: do you believe Stan is also scum along with Chuggs? Or do you believe we only have 4 scum in this game?

I don't know. If there aren't any neutrals, and town is THIS stacked on powers, then it would make sense for 5 scum to exist, but at the same time, I'm not sure who it could be. I've gone over Stan in the past, and there's a lot of weird interactions from the already flipped scum surrounding him, but I don't know yet. I'm focusing on what looks weird right now, and the stuff I've seen from Chuggernaut is weird.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Stan's reads are hard to parse. I've seen a good bit of the show, but I don't really understand what most of them are referring to at a glance, and they're all just vague enough that Stan could be making them up. If he is, he's doing an amazing job at a fake role claim though.

And we're here right now trying to help how we can.

I posted the wiki page about snake people and how I assume there is some kind of switcher in play. Problem is we don't have the ability to verify the existence of a switcher.

There was a redirecter (nin), so it would make sense for Mafia to have a complimentary ability considering what we've seen so far.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not just going to come out and claim when there's no reason to. Malus was always the more suspicious of the two and I thought Malus flipping would clear any thought of Exodus being scum. I didn't say anything on lie detector day because I thought seeing who was throwing shade on Exodus would be useful information to town. That why I was getting such bad vibes off of B-Dubs who still kept going for him despite everything

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not just going to come out and claim when there's no reason to. Malus was always the more suspicious of the two and I thought Malus flipping would clear any thought of Exodus being scum. I didn't say anything on lie detector day because I thought seeing who was throwing shade on Exodus would be useful information to town. That why I was getting such bad vibes off of B-Dubs who still kept going for him despite everything

Well, there was a reason. You were out of shots and could have provided town with information on who to trust earlier. Did you leave breadcrumbs about who you checked at any point? What was the plan if you were night killed?

Oct 25, 2017
It's either Ketkat and Loki or Stan. That's the only two options. I'm sure as hell not killing green check Exodus today.

I still don't believe Stan just faked his role and it seems more insane if he's just by himself.

It has to be Ket and Loki

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So scum was so afraid of the vig shot that they let you live? What the what

In case it wasn't obvious at this point, the condition for our vig shot is that one of us has to die. One of us had the power to be a potential-lover and the other has the power of a vig shot if the lover dies. I will not say which is which at this point, since that doesn't matter. I imagine that scum left us alive because people are suspicious of us for claiming lovers and it allows them to nightkill someone last night while having a clear angle to aim for today without having to do a lot of digging or work

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And when I say die, I mean we have to be night killed. If we're voted out, or shot during the day, it doesn't work.

Oct 25, 2017
In case it wasn't obvious at this point, the condition for our vig shot is that one of us has to die. One of us had the power to be a potential-lover and the other has the power of a vig shot if the lover dies. I will not say which is which at this point, since that doesn't matter. I imagine that scum left us alive because people are suspicious of us for claiming lovers and it allows them to nightkill someone last night while having a clear angle to aim for today without having to do a lot of digging or work

So why on earth did you two come in here saying we were in MYLO?

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that's convenient

It's actually very not convenient. We had to find each other in order to be able to have a lovers chat, and past that in order to be able to use the vig shot, a specific one of us has to be night killed and not killed in any other way. We're a weird hybrid version of both roles that has large drawbacks on both of them

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Here's what gets me. Of all people, why kill Neon? If scum thought loki/ket were trying to bait a night kill, why not kill the only investigative role left?

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Because we lived, I personally believe that there is one scum left, but I'm also willing to accept that maybe the 2 scum took a chance even though it makes no sense since last night would have been their chance to win (since they didn't know the condition for our shot)

I think there is a possibility that Stan could be scum with Chuggs, but at the same time the hints are really weird and seem like they'd be hard for someone who doesn't know much about the show to make up.
Here's what gets me. Of all people, why kill Neon? If scum thought loki/ket were trying to bait a night kill, why not kill the only investigative role left?
Because Chuggs is out of shots and out of all the people left in this game, Neon was the most townie town person considering he was the party host and Steven. He also was willing to believe us yesterday (not sure if he would today mind you) so maybe Scum was worried he'd side with us.