• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the Original Topic for Cartoon Network's cryingest show Steven Universe! The only rules are be respectful, and no spoilers for unaired episodes.

Steven Universe is the story of a young boy with magical powers that come from a gem in his bellybutton. Over the course of the series with the help of his three magical lady protectors The Crystal Gems, Steven makes friends, fights evil, and always saves the day.

Steven Universe
latest

This is our hero Steven Universe a young boy with a magical gem in his bellybutton or rather that IS his bellybutton. As the youngest member of the Crystal Gems Steven seeks to learn everything he can about his powers and his mother Rose Quartz's legacy from his three guardians: Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl, while living up to the legacy of his mother who was their former leader.

Garnet

Meet Garnet the defacto leader of the Crystal gems. Garnet is known for her calm demeanor and level-headed decision making which Pearl and Amethyst both respect greatly. As the leader Garnet does her best to show a good example for Steven and keep Pearl and Amethyst's bickering to a minimum. Of course being calm and level-headed as she is Garnet keeps her own mysteries as well.

Amethyst

Amethyst is the youngest between Garnet, Pearl and Herself having been born on Earth long after the Crystal Gems came to Earth. She's the troublemaker of the group constantly pranking Pearl and devouring anything she sees. She's more of an older sister to Steven than anything else, and is always looking to make sure Steven has fun. Despite being the fun-loving troublemaker she is she has things about her that she would often rather forget as well

Pearl

Pearl is the worry-wart of the group. She often babies Steven and has arguments with Amethyst due to their clashing natures i.e. organized vs chaotic. Pearl is prone to panicking whenever Steven gets into trouble and will often start stumbling over herself when things go awry. Pearl was the gem closest to Steven's mother Rose-Quartz and as such was the most hurt when Rose decided to give up her physical form to bring Steven into the world, despite this she loves Steven dearly.

Greg Universe

Greg Universe is Steven's father and a former aspiring rock star who met Rose-Quartz and stayed with her after they fell in love. Despite seeming irresponsible and out of Steven's life at first, he loves his son very much and does everything he can to help him grow into a good person.

Connie Maheswaran

Connie Maheswaran is Steven's best friend that he first met trying to impress her on the beach when he trapped them in his bubble on accident. She loves Steven's magical life and wants to do everything she can to help him with his 'magical destiny' going so far as to learn swordsmanship from Pearl.

I noticed we didn't have a Steven Universe OT here yet so I decided to take a crack at it. It's my first attempt at making a thread so be gentle please.

Feel free to discuss away...and sing...and cry...and sing while crying.

CN APP
If you want to see the show early make sure to download the CN app on your phones.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.turner.cnvideoapp&hl=en

Reminder: New Episodes will be available on the CN app on Nov. 10th.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Who wants to watch a cartoon about people crying?
tumblr_inline_nscflcfU7a1qdo426_400.gif

Also as a reminder the Hiatus is expected to end sometime this winter, that could be anywhere between December and March though.

Also Steven Universe: Save the Light is expected to release on October 31 for PS4 and Nov 3 for Xbox One, with possible Switch and PC versions in the future.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
I read "cryingest" as "cringiest" at first, because that's closer to an actual word. I was going to lose it.

Great thread! Excited for the new episode in like early March!!!!

:(

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I read "cryingest" as "cringiest" at first, because that's closer to an actual word. I was going to lose it.

Great thread! Excited for the new episode in like early March!!!!

:(
I'm currently figuring we get 5 eps in january and then a hiatus until july or so :P

Boo

Oct 25, 2017
Were there any hints that a physical release for STL is going to be available?

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I love this show. Found it just watching cartoons with the kids. Originally I thought it was terrible. Just saw it for a quick minute and Greg looked like an absentee white trash father. How wrong I was. Since then I have binged every episode I could. The wife and I recently got rid of satellite so I can't keep up with new episodes till they hit Hulu.
I even preordered the soundtrack on vinyl. I know iam8bit is terrible, but I have to have it.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys think of the color I chose for Connie? I figured seagreen was a good fit.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think I should put Peridot Lapis and Jasper in the OP?

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Boy you better fix that. I'm still hype, I even bought Steven's "star" shirt
I did too. Just in time for Halloween. Than I realized that Amazon was shipping it to my old address due to my own error and would have to wait for it to be forwarded.
So much for Halloween.
Yeah. They're pretty important characters. Maybe even Ruby and Sapphire could be in a subsection.

Oct 27, 2017

Nubzcake

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can we talk about how good some of the songs are.

I did too. Just in time for Halloween. Than I realized that Amazon was shipping it to my old address due to my own error and would have to wait for it to be forwarded.
So much for Halloween.

Dang that sucks, where's your pink lion when you need it

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
^^ well, a type of Garnet.

What do you guys think of the color I chose for Connie? I figured seagreen was a good fit.
I think it's fine, though I recall Rebecca mentioning once that if Connie was a Gem she'd probably be a blue colored one? Right? I don't think I'm making that up...

Oct 27, 2017
^^ well, a type of Garnet.

Yeah, it apparently belongs to one of four species listed under the Garnet group.
Which could go either two ways with SU.
She's just a Garnet type gem, plain and simple (like how agate is listed as a Quartz type despite the fact that it could easily be it's own type if they wanted).
Or she's her own unique gem type altogether (like Ruby and Sapphire, despite both being corundum.)

I hope it's the former though because Rebecca recently stated that singular versions of fusion gems do exist on homeworld, and she looks suspiciously similar to Garnet (specifically her first form from "The Answer")

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm if I was to assign a gem to Connie maybe turquoise?

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Man, did I ever miss this OT. Glad to have to back!

My PS4 is broken at the moment, so I can't get Save the Light at launch. I mean, I could technically get it for Xbox One, but...I'm attached to trophies now. Save the Light might be the first platinum I ever get.

Last edited:

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, seeing the new trailer of save the light in gaming did restore a little hype on me, gonna buy the game day one.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've been mixed on Save the Light, even after liking Attack the Light. It looks fun, but not like a "must play." My plate is loaded with other games right now, so I think I'll be fine with holding off for a while.

And part of me is hoping it comes to the Switch at some point.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to Save The Light but I've got too many games coming out within the next three months to pick it up for awhile. I'm considering just waiting until it gets a Switch release, IF it gets a Switch release.

Also, I've recently noticed a very annoying trend on Youtube lately. If I watch even one Steven Universe video on there, I swear my recommendations fill up with nothing but anti-SU videos either bitching about how terrible the show is or about how terrible the fans are. Like I straight up got a video called 'Steven Universe is a terrible show made by terrible people for terrible fans' like, what. I didn't watch it for fear of my recommendations getting even worse, but why do I have a feeling it's a Youtuber who thinks all SU fans are rabid SJWs and the show is indoctrinating kids into feminism or something.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird how I always look forward to plot-related stuff but the two best episodes are Say Uncle and Last One Out of Beach City

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird how I always look forward to plot-related stuff but the two best episodes are Say Uncle and Last One Out of Beach City
you have odd tastes.

say uncle is by far the worst episode of steven universe and is the only episode I skip when showing the show to other people.

the few that have asked me to show it to them regardless only made it a min or two before begging to skip it.

Uncle grandpa is such a horrible character :/

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I thought say uncle was pretty funny but I don't feel a need to watch it again

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you have odd tastes.

say uncle is by far the worst episode of steven universe and is the only episode I skip when showing the show to other people.

the few that have asked me to show it to them regardless only made it a min or two before begging to skip it.

Don't worry bro, none of this is canon

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you have odd tastes.

I despise Uncle Grandpa, but I actually enjoyed that episode. It's weird.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
New forum, same old disappointment when I see this thread bumped without new episodes dated. I know we're still literal years away from beating Venture Bros.' record, but has this hiatus officially been longer than Avatar's longest?

Definitely. It's been several seasons since they were announced, so I don't really consider them or their plot relevance spoilers at this point now that they're featured in merchandise.

Lol, perfect.

At least with the latest news we've essentially got to see our first singular version of a fusion gem.
The new pompous warrior gem/big bad of Save the Light, Hessonite, is basically a Garnet.
Which is exciting because I really love gem lore and worldbuilding. :P

Ooh, that sounds exciting! I can't wait for the not-"confirmed"-but-effectively-confirmed Switch version. I'm sorry I forgot their/your name, but I hope the dev who worked on the game is on this forum.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched Uncle Grandpa, but I think Say Uncle works as a fun lark. It passes the bar of "If you're not going to tell a good story or give good characterization, at least be entertaining."

BiohunterX

Oct 27, 2017
say uncle was a fun little episode that made fun of itself and the show and i actually dont like uncle grandpa as a show

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Uncle Grandpa was mostly annoying random humor, but Say Uncle was Steven Universe's funniest episode until Hit the Diamond.

You can also secretly pretend it's "canon" by viewing it as a dream Steven had, which explains why he's able to summon his shield at will from that episode onward. His powers are tied to his emotions, so screw it, he subconsciously mastered summoning his shield in a dream.

Last edited:

karby

Oct 27, 2017
Bookmarked in case we ever get new episodes again :'[

According to CN, new episodes will be coming 'this winter'. I sincerely doubt that means anytime in late November/December, since networks usually have ratings hell and holiday/Christmas episodes or reruns during that time. So realistically, assuming CN keeps their schedule, we're looking at January 2018 at the earliest and Mid-March 2018 at the latest.
Feels bad, man. :,(

Status
Not open for further replies.