• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Steven Universe |OT| Diamonds are Unbreakable....I guess

The preview makes me worried that the crewniverse is actually going to try to redeem the diamonds
There’s only 1 evil one we know of so far, and she’s gone. Her son is carrying the rest of the weight.

Blue and yellow don’t need redemption because they never did anything wrong by their book and standards to begin with.

I’ve mentioned it before, but again when yellow and blue actually realize that Pink still exists I some form, they both immediately stop with absolutely no hesitation. Evil characters wouldn’t do this.

The only bad one that needs redemption is already gone. That’s how I see it anyways.

OP
OP
Morlas
Oct 25, 2017
Evil people caring about their family isn't some impossible thing ya know.
And its not like Pink didn't care about others either.
If I were to say which diamond I thought was the most 'evil'(I'll exclude White since we don't know much about her) I would say Blue by far. She's a fushionaphobe she's cruel she's vindictive and she did nothing for 6000 years but wallow in grief and self-pity.

Wait, 'Pink Diamond is Evil' is still a thing?

That is fundamental misreading of a genuinely complex character.
I disagree. I don’t post too often, but I consider myself a die-hard fan and I truly believe Pink is a selfish, horrible person. She is evil, or at least the most confirmed evil character on the show. That’s one of the core messages and vibes that I get from the show.

And views change. I thought at one point that Yellow was a baddie and Blue was good, but blue and yellow are just reasonable and hurt by pink’s horridness.

“Mom was a diamond who invaded earth”

“Mom made an army and she fought herself”

“Mom lives in hiding by the name of rose”

“Now all that’s left of her exists in me”

“That is a little bit upsetting”

The first parts of that song, to me are all about Steven giving the facts about pink, the rest is how he’s trying to rationalize it.

“Saw its Beauty and it’s worth”

“Did that even end up mattering? She faked her own shattering”

(With their friends she made in the form she chose)

I think that we can all agree...

That’s the mindset of an individual who has been emotionally injured. This conversation that Steven is having with himself is an attempt to rationalize a misdeed by an awful person which he has no fault in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Morlas
Oct 25, 2017
i dunno Huelen has this obsession with Pink being the 'evil' one when we've seen Blue and Yellow do far worse shit than anything we've ever seen Pink do, like i'm pretty sure Pink never tried to kill another gem because they fused 'improperly'

They're literally space Nazis that's claim that gemd are only good for one purpose and that certain ones are objectively more perfect and more pure than others. You can perhaps blame White for that but Yellow and Blue went along with it while Pink did not.

Yellow and Blue are fucking monsters, and I'm not excited for Sugar inevitably making them good guys.

Oct 27, 2017
Berkeley
Five seasons in I think it's quite clear that unredeemable evil characters is not what this show is about. If you're looking for a Diamond to be evil personified you're more or less setting yourself up for disappointment.

Oct 25, 2017
i dunno Huelen has this obsession with Pink being the 'evil' one when we've seen Blue and Yellow do far worse shit than anything we've ever seen Pink do, like i'm pretty sure Pink never tried to kill another gem because they fused 'improperly'
No, but she led two armies into a war against each other with both sides being loyal to her and fighting in her name. That's pretty fucked up and for all the good intentions she had regarding earth and freedom for gems she still had gems shatter each other.

Oct 25, 2017
Five seasons in I think it's quite clear that unredeemable evil characters is not what this show is about. If you're looking for a Diamond to be evil personified you're more or less setting yourself up for disappointment.
Yea and iirc some of the staffers have alluded to this philosophy

I'm not sure why people are expecting the opposite.

OP
OP
Morlas
Oct 25, 2017
Its too bad we gotta wait until....are they gonna air a new episode on Christmas eve? Well at least that long for a new episode

Oct 28, 2017
Its too bad we gotta wait until....are they gonna air a new episode on Christmas eve? Well at least that long for a new episode
It's possible that they release all of the episodes before the Battle of Heart & Mind special on the app on Dec. 17 (or earlier), with the episodes airing weekly on TV after that. Then the Battle of Heart & Mind four-episode-length special would air all on one day like how Wanted did.

At least that's what I'm hoping. It would suck if the first brand new episode is on Christmas Eve night, since many people (myself included) will be at family events or parties at that time.

OP
OP
Morlas
Oct 25, 2017
honestly the cover is just too short on desktop, its plenty wide enough, but anything bigger than a small logo is gonna get cut off and i don't have the photoshop skills necessary to make a good image for this

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great. Blue doesn't seem to have really learned anything since Pink faked her death while Yellow seems to have lightened up. I'm disappointed White Diamond's head doesn't actually glow outside of the ship, I really liked the effect it had on her presence. I'm really interested to see our Pearl interacting with the other Pearls, I hope we get some explanation for why our pearl isn't mono colored to her diamond like the others.

Oct 26, 2017
honestly the cover is just too short on desktop, its plenty wide enough, but anything bigger than a small logo is gonna get cut off and i don't have the photoshop skills necessary to make a good image for this
Maybe just use one of the gorgeous backgrounds from the show? If you make a banner with the logo it’ll have to be a very small one because and it’ll affect readability(yellow letters), so using a beach city photo might get better results :/

Oct 27, 2017
What's this banner everyone's talking about? That super-thin image at the top of the thread page w/ the title and the Reply button nestled in it? Hm, what dimensions would work best with that, because my first blind attempt doesn't quite seem to fit:

Oct 25, 2017
The Smash OT
What's this banner everyone's talking about? That super-thin image at the top of the thread page w/ the title and the Reply button nestled in it? Hm, what dimensions would work best with that, because my first blind attempt doesn't quite seem to fit:

It doesn't seem like it'd fit, but I do appreciate Bismuth being in this one. If not because she's amazing, then because it reminds me she's no longer bubbled because damn does this show take forever to release new episodes.

Oct 25, 2017
Homeworld
I think it's the filesize that's biting you in the ass, there. The limit is 250k. And they suggest a minimum image size of 1000w x 600h. So a png is probably out. JPG is easier to manage the filesize on.