• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jof

Nov 3, 2017
Fusions are like conversations personified. They only know what the component parts can or want to share, otherwise Stevonnie would have known that Steven was actually a diamond.

Yeah, that's a fair point. Sardonyx didn't know or realise that Pearl was tricking Garnet into fusing with her, after all.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking...do you think that the beginning of season 6 would be a good time to start a new thread? seems like it will be a clean break from the 'diamond' arc of the series into a new 'era' as it were.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Since the show's presumably going to effectively be at a fresh starting point, I say we should be, too. I'm in on a new thread!

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Hey, so, I realise this thread is winding down, buuuuuut I just watched the whole show in pretty much a week and I loved it so much, oh my god. I've kinda skimmed through the discussion up 'till now, along with stuff on Tumblr and Reddit, and it's so weird looking at all of it after the fact???

Anyways, few things I wanted to say:

Amethyst's the best! Ding-dong, sunshine future: your friend FOREVER! might be my favourite moment in the whole show so far.

My favourite songs are Stronger Than You, It's Over, Isn't It?, Just A Thought, and For Just One Day Let's Only Think About (Love). (With an honourable mention for Comet, though that might be my love of any and all Greg/Rose stuff speaking.) I honestly couldn't come even close to ordering them, though.

My favourite canon ship is GregRose, which is probably boring as hell, I know. Rupphire/Garnet's a very close second.

My favourite non-canon-but-please-be-canon-someday ship is easily Lapidot.

My most controversial(?) (it's kinda hard to tell where the discussion on this ended up) take is that Rose was a good, well-intentioned - if undeniably flawed - person, who ended up in an absolutely impossible situation, and tried her hardest to resolve it--ultimately saving billions of lives, though at great cost. She suffered a lot of abuse as a child, and had terrible self-esteem issues, which lead to her making quite a few mistakes--but all of those mistakes were understandable, and none of them make her some kind of irredeemable monster.

Anyways, bring on the movie!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
My most controversial(?) (it's kinda hard to tell where the discussion on this ended up) take is that Rose was a good, well-intentioned - if undeniably flawed - person, who ended up in an absolutely impossible situation, and tried her hardest to resolve it--ultimately saving billions of lives, though at great cost. She suffered a lot of abuse as a child, and had terrible self-esteem issues, which lead to her making quite a few mistakes--but all of those mistakes were understandable, and none of them make her some kind of irredeemable monster.

It's only controversial with the vocal Huelen demographic.

Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't choose my favorite song. Distant Shore, Here Comes a Thought, It's Over Isn't It, For Just One Day Let's Only Think About (Love)...

There's too many to name!

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
ah, yeah.... i don't really know how i'd have addressed any of huelen's points, honestly. it's like we were watching different shows 😅

and yeh the music in this show is just all-around incredible. i've been humming For Just One Day Let's Only Think About (Love) for days--it's really making me wish i could really, y'know, sing. and when i'm dealing with anxiety, listening to/thinking on the lyrics of Here Comes a Thought actually, genuinely helps a bit.

i wish i'd had this show when i was younger.

Oct 25, 2017

Anyways, bring on the movie!

Its only controversial for the Crazy people.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Rose did a lot of messed up stuff whether knowingly or unknowingly, but I think in the end she wanted to do good.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed we never learned what cause the corruption. Was it something White did or was the attack just diluted by Rose's shield?

Oct 25, 2017
Rose did a lot of messed up stuff whether knowingly or unknowingly, but I think in the end she wanted to do good.

She's basically the "i don't know what i'm doing" meme to me which is admirable but ultimately not the best way.

I also like that they showed that her not being taken seriously by Blue and Yellow was actually a thing and it wasn't her not trying and/or being lackadaisical

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
She's basically the "i don't know what i'm doing" meme to me which is admirable but ultimately not the best way.

I also like that they showed that her not being taken seriously by Blue and Yellow was actually a thing and it wasn't her not trying and/or being lackadaisical
Well sure even though she obviously hated being cooped up on the moon its not like she lacked motivation. You don't start a war to get out of work lol

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to realize why the beach city and early gem mission episodes exist. Shenanigans establish character. That's why they start back up when we get new characters. Avatar the Last Airbender was the same way. Shenanigans then plot

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been messing around with the trial version of that SU Minecraft mash up pack and it's really good. I'm a little too burnt out on Minecraft right now to buy it though.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
So with that Minecraft mash up pack, I started to catch up on the series. Last bomb I saw was during the Trial, now its been so long that it's crazy how much I've missed since then.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up, a surprisingly less amount of episodes than I thought but how do you continue? The main plot is pretty much wrapped up, what's next?

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
there's still a lot of stuff we don't even know too, like Gem Origins and even Rose has a lot of stuff unexplored about her.

iosefe

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Where the sun shines
WHATS IN THE BOX!?

latest

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! You said it's beautiful; is that moreso than a regular episode?
Oh I just meant the show in general is beautiful, I love how clean and colorful everything is. Like when I was looking at it I was just thinking like "man this show is so pretty" but I was thinking of the show collectively and not purely the new stuff I was seeing. IMO Steven Universe has one of the most pleasing art styles of any show I've watched.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Oh I just meant the show in general is beautiful, I love how clean and colorful everything is. Like when I was looking at it I was just thinking like "man this show is so pretty" but I was thinking of the show collectively and not purely the new stuff I was seeing. IMO Steven Universe has one of the most pleasing art styles of any show I've watched.

Ah. Glad to hear you got to work on something you enjoy, then!

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Ah. Glad to hear you got to work on something you enjoy, then!
Oh! I don't work on the show or mean to imply I do, oh man that would make me sound like I'm really tooting my own horn hahahaha! The things I helped with are super small, I was just nerding out cause I like the show so much and I was able to help with a tiny thing that'll be in it. In hindsight I can totally see why "you're welcome" doesn't read as a joke outside of my own head ugh whoops

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Oh! I don't work on the show or mean to imply I do, oh man that would make me sound like I'm really tooting my own horn hahahaha! The things I helped with are super small, I was just nerding out cause I like the show so much and I was able to help with a tiny thing that'll be in it. In hindsight I can totally see why "you're welcome" doesn't read as a joke outside of my own head ugh whoops
Nah it was pretty clearly a joke

Jof

Nov 3, 2017
I was in a Yo! Sushi for lunch today, and my ears peaked when 'Stronger Than You' started blasting out the restaurant's speakers. Weird!

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
So about 20 episodes in. I weirdly love this show. I feel like the episodes are like the tip of the iceberg for the shows 'universe'. Does it get more into lore? Is Steven always just going to be insufferable?

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
So about 20 episodes in. I weirdly love this show. I feel like the episodes are like the tip of the iceberg for the shows 'universe'. Does it get more into lore? Is Steven always just going to be insufferable?
yes there is lots of Lore, and Steven gets much better

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Think of these early episodes as the start of a roller coaster, slowly given you information about everything. But once you reach the top of the hill (You'll know which episode it will be when you see it) you'll be getting so much Lore you won't know what to do with it.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Absolutely. You ain't seen nothing yet.

And Steven does get a lot better as the show goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.