• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Steven Universe |OT| Diamonds are Unbreakable....I guess

Oct 28, 2017
The Love Like You (Reprise) from the Volume 2 Soundtrack is jaw-dropping with how it builds to the lyrics, and the harmonizing near the end is like an emotional dropkick to the heart.

In news, Steven Universe won a Peabody Award in the Children’s Entertainment category! Link: http://www.peabodyawards.com/stories/story/entertainment-childrens-youth-winners-awarded

Here’s the nice write-up they gave the show:
On its surface, Rebecca Sugar’s animated series develops a complex mythology centering around the Crystal Gems—“polymorphic sentient rocks” who protect young Steven and his human friends from cosmic threats. But in this earnest fantasy epic and superhero saga, empathy is perhaps the most important superpower, something our real-world human society needs now more than ever.
This feels more prestigious than an Emmy, to be honest.

Oct 28, 2017
So I don't know if anyone here has heard about this but there's a new steven universe mobile game called the phantom fable and i think it's out right now
Legit had not heard about this, and looked it up on the App Store. It looks better than most SU mobile (except Attack the Light), but the art feels kind of off/lazy. Connie’s idle sprite has this dead-eyed look that’s really jarring and feels low effort.

Hopefully it’s good, as I’d like to support the show by buying it.