• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I believe it's the Steven Universe NYCC panel today.

Don't know who's attending, but might be somewhere where they can look to the future a bit?

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I believe it's the Steven Universe NYCC panel today.

Don't know who's attending, but might be somewhere where they can look to the future a bit?

I'll be there.

And the panel discription says "there might be a surprise or two." I wouldn't put it past them to tease some season 6 stuff.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I think we're probably a bit far off for that kind of thing- an official confirmation (I know we've known for months and months, but still) would be fine.

Steven Universe Z |OT| Here We Are In The Future
and it's wroooong just a minute ago we were singing this song

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Steven Universe Future announced.

Not season 6, but a new limited epilogue series.

Showed off the opening.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting- going full on Z, then.

I wonder how limited it is- sounds like we're in the endgame, but there's plenty of stuff in the opening alone to cover.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, can't believe it's finally going to end. I'm sad but this series should be interesting.

Peridot is absolutely adorable at the end.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
There's a ton of stuff to unpack there.

No redemption for Jasper yet, Evil Cactus Steven, and a new diamond? Evil Lapises!

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly forgot about Aquamarine. It was a shame that they dropped her so fast after season 5.

I'm curious about the Diamond. Maybe a hallucination from Steven? It's also good that Spinell will be appearing again, she was fantastic in the movie.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
a bit disappointed at 'limited', but that opening was amazing

hopefully it's not too limited

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else worried about the pacing of a limited mini series tackling all these subjects?
Jasper redemption, evil diamond?!?, some cactus thing, two lapi (lapises?) And then stevens new arc.
Im hoping all the episodes are 22 minutes and we get like 8 episodes. Jasper would need to be a 3 parter. That's the minimum i could see working for this.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
ewy0jmw.png

This is too sweet and I lovehate it.

So its a limited Z series?

Limited can mean so many things in this context that I don't think we can say anything until they give us more information. Doesn't sound like it's a miniseries, but it does sound like this is definitely the end?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Black shirt Steven? Oh, I loved the pink and blue colour palette so much. :(

I don't like the implication this is definitely the end, didn't people theorise there was like at least 2 or so seasons of content recorded before the movie?

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
ewy0jmw.png

Limited can mean so many things in this context that I don't think we can say anything until they give us more information. Doesn't sound like it's a miniseries, but it does sound like this is definitely the end?

Yeah, it seems vague on what it is. I'm assuming it'll be to see if there's interest for it to continue. I love all the background stuff they did in the opening.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
seeing everyone together warms my heart so much

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ewy0jmw.png

Limited series implies it'll be a season long but this it.

The emmy definition of limited series is something that has at least two episodes and is at least 150 minutes

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017
yeah "limited series" definitely implies it's a one and done deal. so "Steven Universe: Future" is a Dragon Ball Z/Naruto Shippuden-esque followup, but just to tie-up all the loose ends and put a definite end to the series

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i'd like to remind everyone that Infinity Train was a one off miniseries until they announced that it wasn't

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Black shirt Steven? Oh, I loved the pink and blue colour palette so much. :(

I don't like the implication this is definitely the end, didn't people theorise there was like at least 2 or so seasons of content recorded before the movie?

Not sure those theories ever held much water, really. This can be as long or short as they want it to be.

Feels like this was inevitable after Change Your Mind, eventually you just run out of story to tell. It's had a great run.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We were sure that it was continuing past the movie, and we know that boarding has still been taking place relatively recently, but anything else was an assumption.
We have no idea how long this series is, so there's still a fair bit to go yet.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching the series, can talk about Garnet never using Future Vision as trust on Rose? Like holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.