• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
This can only mean one thing...Garnet for smash

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Save the Light is giving me some serious paper mario vibes

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
How is Save the Light on Switch? I heard it was pretty buggy on other systems, is that still the case on Switch? I don't normally play licensed games like this but I may make an exception for Steven Universe, lol. Haven't played Attack the Light on mobile yet, though. Is it recommended to play that first, or does it not really matter?

Oct 25, 2017
Deltarune crossover? Deltarune crossover.

tumblr_phmlill3cH1vg66ibo1_500.jpg

tumblr_phmlill3cH1vg66ibo2_500.jpg

http://tsumire0301.tumblr.com/post/179722871542/am-i-the-only-one-think-of-this-wo

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Get the birthday suit and crown ready: Today is the show's 5th birthday, as Gem Glow and Laser Light Cannon both aired in the US on Nov. 4, 2013.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just got caught up on Steven Universe as the last episode I saw was 'A Single Pale Rose' back in May. While my head is spinning with fluff (wedding episode was amazing), I think the thing I'm excited most about is Lapis' return to the group.

Now please, give me that sweet sweet Lapis x Peridot fusion.

And canon pairing.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of complaining about hiatuses (which I love to do btw) maybe we should appreciate that they actually aired 5 seasons in those 5 years (minus the season 5 finale), that's more than 150 episodes and actually a ton of content. It's not like they don't air a lot of Steven they just cram the episodes into short events and then nothing for months.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of complaining about hiatuses (which I love to do btw) maybe we should appreciate that they actually aired 5 seasons in those 5 years (minus the season 5 finale), that's more than 150 episodes and actually a ton of content. It's not like they don't air a lot of Steven they just cram the episodes into short events and then nothing for months.
it's not until next week that I should be thankful for anything.

Grrr
ARG
hiatus sucks...
oh wait... that's right... I'm a Venture Bros fan.
never mind.
this is nothing >.>

uh....
have a song from Stevonnie's voice actress and her sister?

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_picvlrog2M1si4tdzo1_540.jpg

Presented without comment.

Is the movie the cause of this? Back during my MLP days, I recall that the regular seasons took a hit for awhile for the production of Equestra Girls and due to the initial planning for the movie.

Other than that, there's really no excuse for CN to pull stuff like this.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Just got into this because my mate's wife occasionally does one of the voices and she put me on to it. It's a surprisingly layered show for Cartoon Network. Ironically, not got to an episode she's in yet.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Just got into this because my mate's wife occasionally does one of the voices and she put me on to it. It's a surprisingly layered show for Cartoon Network. Ironically, not got to an episode she's in yet.

Cool to see someone with a second/third-hand connection to the show. I'd ask who your friend's wife might be, but I wouldn't want to pry.

Whoever she is, let her know she does great work!

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
While it's cool that kmag knows someone on the show I'll ask that people don't try to pry too much about it and be respectful if you have questions

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Cool to see someone with a second/third-hand connection to the show. I'd ask who your friend's wife might be, but I wouldn't want to pry.

Whoever she is, let her know she does great work!

It's not really a big secret. She's a Irish singer called Lisa Hannigan. I've known her husband for about 10 years since I started working in London. I think she's done some other voice work, but she's mostly a singer, the voice work is ironic because she got the literally quietest speaking voice I've ever heard. Very good singing voice though, she sang at my wedding.

Not really wanting to derail the thread, but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed what I've seen of the show (I mostly binged it last week when I was staying down south), I was put off by the Cartoon Network tag, it's far deeper in terms of themes than I expected.

Last edited:

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It's not really a big secret. She's a Irish singer called Lisa Hannigan. I've known her husband for about 10 years since I started working in London. I think she's done some other voice work, but she's mostly a singer, the voice work is ironic because she got the literally quietest speaking voice I've ever heard. Very good singing voice though, she sang at my wedding.
Blue diamond is actually a big deal, was joking with white diamond, was expecting a really minor character.

This is cool

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Not really wanting to derail the thread, but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed what I've seen of the show (I mostly binged it last week when I was staying down south), I was put off by the Cartoon Network tag, it's far deeper in terms of themes than I expected.
Omg, she's blue diamond. Tell her she did a great job, the quiet voice fits the character well

It'll take a while for you to see her though :(

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Blue diamond is actually a big deal, was joking with white diamond, was expecting a really minor character.

This is cool

In terms of the show I can't really add much other than Lisa is really nice, she's a sweetheart. Good cook as well, big into baking.

I suppose if you'd really like I can ask her how she came to be on the show the next time I see her? Not sure when that'll be, they're in Dublin a lot these days.

Last edited:

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017

Lisa Hannigan's character, Blue Diamond, is one of the best written characters in the show. If you enjoy deeper themes and writing, her character is an excellent example of it. Her quiet voice fits the character and her situation perfectly, but she showcases a lot of emotional range. I highly recommend watching up to her appearance, since her full debut kicks off one of the show's most fun arcs.

Ironically she hasn't sung in the show (yet). She's guaranteed to have a song eventually, since the crew like hiring people with backgrounds in singing and theater for major roles in the show.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Uh, my step-brother works in the animation industry in LA and said that maybe one day he might run into Rebecca Sugar? I got nothing.

He did just help sell a show to Netflix though, and got to meet Mark Hamill last week since he is doing some voice work for it.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, my step-brother works in the animation industry in LA and said that maybe one day he might run into Rebecca Sugar? I got nothing.

He did just help sell a show to Netflix though, and got to meet Mark Hamill last week since he is doing some voice work for it.
So lucky Mark Hamill is like the person I want to meet the most

Jof

Nov 3, 2017
I once spoke to Alexia Khadime (Sardonyx) on the phone, in a previous call centre job. That was a weird moment.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
They need to get their stars!
plus they were the only ones to poof lol.

I remember watching that episode and being like, alright when is Lapis going to poof... Oh there it is because it was obvious what they were doing.

I don't care about new designs, those will come for sure, and I doubt they will be that different.

what I want to know is if we will be getting a new opening.

Made for TV movie sure would be a decent time to make a new opening :P

Status
Not open for further replies.