• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
this is a well crafted april fools joke.

in all seriousness, cartoon network doesn't normally schedule stuff at that time because of the holidays.
the second episode of that will literally be christmas eve. and the third will be new years eve.

so weird.
That would just mean that the 1st episode of season 6 will be our Christmas gift, which I certainly won't mind

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Steven is wearing armor, but that he's been dressed up by White Diamond since she's convinced he's still Pink Diamond.

If the new episodes are weekly, does that mean only Legs From Here to Homeworld is airing on Dec. 17 since it hasn't aired on TV yet? Then again, the way that episode ends seems like it was specifically built to be part one of a two-parter.

I'm hella interested in Connie's new sword.

EDIT: According to this press release (https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/steven-universe-back-on-cartoon-network-december-17), this is a 5-part arc that will conclude in a "finale special" on January 21. Calling it a special may hint that it will be a double-length episode like Reunited. Also, this arc will have FIVE songs (one of which has to be Escapism at this point).

The press release also mentions that the show is returning with a "new season," so I guess CN really did treat Reunited as a season finale.

Last edited:

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
The fact that this is a 5-part arc leads me to believe that it was originally planned as a Steven Bomb, both in the crew pacing the writing and episodes like a bomb and CN planning to air it as one. But Cartoon Network has finally taken the feedback of people who are mad at the lack of regularly-airing episodes, so they decided to air them weekly instead.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Connie with that legend of zelda pose, love it...also steven looks kinda weird in his mom's outfit lol

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Is that the first official art that includes all the diamonds?

Also, just realized that Steven is basically wearing a skirt. Show remains delightfully on-brand.

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017
episode airdates and descriptions via The Futon Critic

Legs from Here to Homeworld - December 17th, 2018
Steven travels to visit family.

Familiar - December 24th, 2018
With many changes going on in his life, Steven tries to find his place in the world.

Together Alone - December 31st, 2018
Steven throws a party to bring his family together.

Escapism - January 7th, 2019
Steven uses his psychic powers to find help.

Steven Universe: Battle of Heart and Mind - January 21st, 2019
Steven faces his biggest challenge yet.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
So basically, the first all-new Steven Universe episode will be a Christmas Eve gift.

Those leaked episode titles were right, with the exception of Battle of Heart and Mind. And it's those darned vague episode descriptions again!

"Battle of Heart and Mind" makes me think Steven will
enter the mind scape from Reunited again to try & connect to White Diamond psychically, but fail to make her understand /care because she has zero empathy or nuanced emotion. But Blue and Yellow will end up helping him in the mind scape so he can escape back to Earth with the Crystal Gems.

Oct 26, 2017
Five songs? A possible two part special?

SHIIIIIIIEEEEEET.

I still haven't listened to Escapism yet, either. I think I'll continue holding off.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
One of the best parts about the poster is that you can't immediately tell if Yellow and Blue Diamond will be helping the Crystal Gems or aligning themselves with White Diamond. Blue is looking down at Steven with a worried face, so she will be the most likely Diamond to help Steven/Pink. Yellow is just straight-up determined anger looking directly at the viewer. She's a threat, but we don't know to who yet.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Battle of Heart and Mind is a 4-part special (source)

Also, since this is a five-part arc running from Dec 17 to Jan 21, that gives them one week to break for the holidays, though it still means something has to air on Christmas Eve or NYE

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Shit, Battle of Heart & Mind is an hour-long quartet of episodes like Wanted? Some major stuff is going to go down.

The title might hint at the following theory regarding the Diamonds:
Each of the four Diamonds has powers relates to part of a gem's essence, as hinted at Nephrite's almost-healing in Legs from Here to Homeworld. Yellow has powers over "body," which is why her attacks destroy the body and why she's able to fix Nephrite's body and not her mind. Blue has powers over "soul" or possibly "emotion," which is why she can make other people feel her emotions and why she's able to heal Nephrite to the point where she can remember traumatic emotions and starts crying.

The reason why the special is called "Battle of Heart and Mind" is because it's a battle between Steven (Pink) who has the powers of "heart" and White Diamond who has the powers of "mind". Steven can make people understand and empathize more deeply than just through their emotions, which is how he makes Yellow and Blue realize who he is in Reunited. He's also able to heal Nephrite to the point where she is almost complete, but missing her memories. White Diamond would completely heal Nephrite and give her back her memories...but she instead uses her powers to control or wipe minds, like we saw with White Pearl.

White Diamond with mind control powers is scary stuff, especially if she does something really evil like brainwash Garnet, Amethyst, & Pearl. If she does that, hopefully it happens and gets resolved in this event, because I wouldn't be able to handle how depressing mind-controlled Crystal Gems would be for very long.

The title also has the double meaning of Steven trying to appeal to White Diamond's "heart" by entering the mind scape from Reunited.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna post a thread about this tomorrow when I have time btw

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
oh my goodness, it's finally happening!?

c75031fc8ca44345d7221875ef61ec5a.png

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, yeah that would explain her top looking the way it does too.
fixed version posted by the crew:

tumblr_pih44jGlfv1w16cito2_400.jpg

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Yellow diamond is the nicest diamond
She really is, I've said it before that I think blue is the dangerous one between the two. Many people saw her crying over pink and assumed she was the nice one but is she? Blue immediately wanted to shatter Ruby after accidentally fusing with Sapphire, yellow offered Peridot a chance to redeem herself after refusing an order. Yellow wanted to shatter Steven during the trial, blue wanted to make him suffer. Yellow might kill you but blue would rip your limbs off and enjoy it.

Last edited:

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd definitely like to see Yellow become warmer toward Steven while Blue turns colder, with Yellow trying to make up for her past dismissive attitudes and Blue acting like something of an overprotective mother in the wake of what Pink did. At the very least I want to see more of the scary side of Blue that's been alluded to by characters like Lapis.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling that maybe Steven is going to either get Yellow or Blue to help him and the CGs escape homeworld while the other one sides with White in the end.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
My prediction

At some piont white diamond sees stevonie, and pink fusing with a human posses her off extremely, leads to her marking pink as a c4iminal and putting the gempire as an enemy against her completely

Basically so we can have conflict with emerald tier gems because right now Steven can just say "emerald I am pink diamnd stop attacking lard" but that won't fly after this

Blue will fall in line and so will yellow but she will by more sympathetic and let them escape.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I think about it it kinda makes sense that Yellow would be the most likely diamond to take some sympathy with Steven's side considering her personality. Yellow's basically the type of person who's hard on everybody because she expects the best from everybody and that extends to herself as well. Pink's death was probably seen as a sign of her own incompetence and poor judgment just as much as it was a tragedy to her and as seen by her inner monologue she's had a lot of time to reflect on it and question herself and her thinking. Blue meanwhile has basically just been throwing a 6000 year long pity party and only really focusing on how sad she is and how angry she is at the ones who killed Pink and she doesn't really seem like the self reflective type in the end...at least not to the point Yellow probably is.

Status
Not open for further replies.