• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
The preview makes me worried that the crewniverse is actually going to try to redeem the diamonds
There's only 1 evil one we know of so far, and she's gone. Her son is carrying the rest of the weight.

Blue and yellow don't need redemption because they never did anything wrong by their book and standards to begin with.

I've mentioned it before, but again when yellow and blue actually realize that Pink still exists I some form, they both immediately stop with absolutely no hesitation. Evil characters wouldn't do this.

The only bad one that needs redemption is already gone. That's how I see it anyways.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Evil people caring about their family isn't some impossible thing ya know.
And its not like Pink didn't care about others either.
If I were to say which diamond I thought was the most 'evil'(I'll exclude White since we don't know much about her) I would say Blue by far. She's a fushionaphobe she's cruel she's vindictive and she did nothing for 6000 years but wallow in grief and self-pity.

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
Wait, 'Pink Diamond is Evil' is still a thing?

That is fundamental misreading of a genuinely complex character.
I disagree. I don't post too often, but I consider myself a die-hard fan and I truly believe Pink is a selfish, horrible person. She is evil, or at least the most confirmed evil character on the show. That's one of the core messages and vibes that I get from the show.

And views change. I thought at one point that Yellow was a baddie and Blue was good, but blue and yellow are just reasonable and hurt by pink's horridness.

"Mom was a diamond who invaded earth"

"Mom made an army and she fought herself"

"Mom lives in hiding by the name of rose"

"Now all that's left of her exists in me"

"That is a little bit upsetting"

The first parts of that song, to me are all about Steven giving the facts about pink, the rest is how he's trying to rationalize it.

"Saw its Beauty and it's worth"

"Did that even end up mattering? She faked her own shattering"

(With their friends she made in the form she chose)

I think that we can all agree...

That's the mindset of an individual who has been emotionally injured. This conversation that Steven is having with himself is an attempt to rationalize a misdeed by an awful person which he has no fault in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i dunno Huelen has this obsession with Pink being the 'evil' one when we've seen Blue and Yellow do far worse shit than anything we've ever seen Pink do, like i'm pretty sure Pink never tried to kill another gem because they fused 'improperly'

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
They're literally space Nazis that's claim that gemd are only good for one purpose and that certain ones are objectively more perfect and more pure than others. You can perhaps blame White for that but Yellow and Blue went along with it while Pink did not.

Yellow and Blue are fucking monsters, and I'm not excited for Sugar inevitably making them good guys.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Five seasons in I think it's quite clear that unredeemable evil characters is not what this show is about. If you're looking for a Diamond to be evil personified you're more or less setting yourself up for disappointment.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
i dunno Huelen has this obsession with Pink being the 'evil' one when we've seen Blue and Yellow do far worse shit than anything we've ever seen Pink do, like i'm pretty sure Pink never tried to kill another gem because they fused 'improperly'
No, but she led two armies into a war against each other with both sides being loyal to her and fighting in her name. That's pretty fucked up and for all the good intentions she had regarding earth and freedom for gems she still had gems shatter each other.

Oct 25, 2017
Five seasons in I think it's quite clear that unredeemable evil characters is not what this show is about. If you're looking for a Diamond to be evil personified you're more or less setting yourself up for disappointment.

Yea and iirc some of the staffers have alluded to this philosophy

I'm not sure why people are expecting the opposite.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
latest

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Its too bad we gotta wait until....are they gonna air a new episode on Christmas eve? Well at least that long for a new episode

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Its too bad we gotta wait until....are they gonna air a new episode on Christmas eve? Well at least that long for a new episode
It's possible that they release all of the episodes before the Battle of Heart & Mind special on the app on Dec. 17 (or earlier), with the episodes airing weekly on TV after that. Then the Battle of Heart & Mind four-episode-length special would air all on one day like how Wanted did.

At least that's what I'm hoping. It would suck if the first brand new episode is on Christmas Eve night, since many people (myself included) will be at family events or parties at that time.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I'm pretty happy to see
Pearl interact w/ Blue Pearl. I don't know why, & Blue Pearl was ominous, but I can dig it.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
is there anyone who's got a suggestion for a banner image? the one i got right now sucks

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
honestly the cover is just too short on desktop, its plenty wide enough, but anything bigger than a small logo is gonna get cut off and i don't have the photoshop skills necessary to make a good image for this

Kino

Oct 25, 2017

Looks great. Blue doesn't seem to have really learned anything since Pink faked her death while Yellow seems to have lightened up. I'm disappointed White Diamond's head doesn't actually glow outside of the ship, I really liked the effect it had on her presence. I'm really interested to see our Pearl interacting with the other Pearls, I hope we get some explanation for why our pearl isn't mono colored to her diamond like the others.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
honestly the cover is just too short on desktop, its plenty wide enough, but anything bigger than a small logo is gonna get cut off and i don't have the photoshop skills necessary to make a good image for this
Maybe just use one of the gorgeous backgrounds from the show? If you make a banner with the logo it'll have to be a very small one because and it'll affect readability(yellow letters), so using a beach city photo might get better results :/

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i'm trying another one of the temple now, and it looks great on mobile, but again the desktop version is way too short and cuts off too much content

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
What's this banner everyone's talking about? That super-thin image at the top of the thread page w/ the title and the Reply button nestled in it? Hm, what dimensions would work best with that, because my first blind attempt doesn't quite seem to fit:

su-banner.png

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
What's this banner everyone's talking about? That super-thin image at the top of the thread page w/ the title and the Reply button nestled in it? Hm, what dimensions would work best with that, because my first blind attempt doesn't quite seem to fit:

su-banner.png

It doesn't seem like it'd fit, but I do appreciate Bismuth being in this one. If not because she's amazing, then because it reminds me she's no longer bubbled because damn does this show take forever to release new episodes.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's the filesize that's biting you in the ass, there. The limit is 250k. And they suggest a minimum image size of 1000w x 600h. So a png is probably out. JPG is easier to manage the filesize on.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
thanks to hulu, i've been watching a lot of this show. finally finished up season 1 and despite a lot of cute, weird, creepy, and fun things happening throughout, i think jail break was the first truly great episode.

with every season now being half the length of season 1 i hope it means the town stuff is over. i can recognize season 1 needing to set up steven as a naive and somewhat annoying kid who's got his heart in the right place and slowly improves (and watching him very gradually gain control over his powers has been pretty neat). but given where i think the fanbase actually appreciates it, i'm hoping to be on board with the show more fully from here on out.

just a minor gripe, but greg and steven have this weird squeakiness to their voices and it makes it really hard to watch the show sometimes. like it sounds like the actor is just yelling for steven at all times while greg's is putting on a slightly 'wacky' voice. it makes scenes with them just a little more annoying than they would be otherwise.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Was going to embed some nice fanart relevant to the show coming back but now that I see Anihawk in this thread I don't want to inadvertently post anything spoiler-tastic until he's much further along.

So I'll just link it instead.

So is it just me or has the lead-up from the new episodes announcement to now been quieter than usual
Doesn't help that the first episode they're going to air is one that's already been seen by a majority of the fandom on their app.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
It's absolute torture that the first completely new episode is going air in the evening on Christmas Eve, a night when many are with their families and/or at parties.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It ain't just you. New episodes have been fairly slow this year. I get the feeling that the show is nearing its end so they're winding things down
The show is treated like crap for airing, but it's one of the top performers for CN in general, with it's streaming numbers being amazing for them.
we know for a fact that a movie is coming, and supposedly it's not wrapping up this current story line but has its own story line
All the rumors point towards the production issues this year being because of the movie, but that there is still multiple seasons of material left.

To be fair, this storyline was where Sugar originally planned to end it, but if this was the end we wouldn't be having this run of episodes coming as the story line was supposed to end at the end of season 5.

unless you assume when she said season 5 she was talking about the original schedule, which if she was then we are at the ending of season 3 right now.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I've suspected this for a while. She said a 5-season plan during season 1, when the shorter seasons announcement hadn't been made yet.
it also lines up with the rumors where someone was talking about the movie and 4 more seasons well before the movie was announced.

4 more shorter length seasons (aka the 24-26 episode seasons we have now) would match up with the 2 more longer seasons that the show originally had (of 50-52 episodes).

either wish cartoon network's push towards more streaming due to dying network numbers in general, odds are SU is going to be around for a few more years still, especially since the merch waves have really just begun.

Oct 26, 2017
The show is treated like crap for airing, but it's one of the top performers for CN in general, with it's streaming numbers being amazing for them.
we know for a fact that a movie is coming, and supposedly it's not wrapping up this current story line but has its own story line
All the rumors point towards the production issues this year being because of the movie, but that there is still multiple seasons of material left.

To be fair, this storyline was where Sugar originally planned to end it, but if this was the end we wouldn't be having this run of episodes coming as the story line was supposed to end at the end of season 5.

unless you assume when she said season 5 she was talking about the original schedule, which if she was then we are at the ending of season 3 right now.
Oh yeah, I've heard about how poorly CN manages airing most of their shows, save for stuff like Teen Titans Go. I don't have cable myself so I just watch online. I figured streaming numbers would be high, especially as its among the last remaining high quality shows on CN, with Adventure Time and Regular Show having finished

I honestly completely forgot about the movie. That would explain it

Ahh...well I just personally thought that we were nearing the end as we've learned what we needed to about Rose / Pink Diamond and now they need to help the Corrupted Gems back on Earth. There doesn't seem to be much else left to cover for there to be several more seasons but, hey, there's plenty I don't know and it's not like I work on the show

Spoiler Policy warning
OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Just as a warning to anyone coming to this thread after hearing about the new episodes tonight, the episode airing tonight "Legs From Here To Homeworld" are open spoilers since it's been online for a few months, and starting next week we'll observe normal spoiler policy, that is spoilers are to be tagged until the west coast airing of the episode is complete.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.