• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I also find it very interesting how Pink was apparently really good at throwing parties....now who else do we know is good at planning parties?

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Felt very short, but gave us some interesting tidbits.
The fact that there seem to be a lot of gems who just get stuck being wall decorations or combs is uh kinda horrifying.

Also missed the thing about
extraction being each diamond's way of providing the fluids that give other gems life. When Yellow says the sauna is "new" she probably means it was built sometime after Pink left and everyone stopped hanging out together, thus it was missing Pink's diamond on the floor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Ronaldo? KEVIN?!
Kevin parties seem like they start out fun, but peter out quickly when you realize what a douche most of the people there are, and Ronaldo parties probably turn into a lecture on some weird road sign in the shape of a snake that Ronaldo found

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I also find it very interesting how Pink was apparently really good at throwing parties....now who else do we know is good at planning parties?
Pov5k6N.jpg

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Felt very short, but gave us some interesting tidbits.
The fact that there seem to be a lot of gems who just get stuck being wall decorations or combs is uh kinda horrifying.
I thought that at first, too, but after all that extraction chamber stuff and Steven creating a new Pebble with his tears, I think it's more that the Diamonds' life juice gave life to the innanimate materials around them.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I thought that at first, too, but after all that extraction chamber stuff and Steven creating a new Pebble with his tears, I think it's more that the Diamonds' life juice gave life to the innanimate materials around them.

Good point! I wonder if
pebbles and all the other innanimate things brought to life count as full-fledged gems. They're capable of speech and emoting, so at the very least I imagine it gets terribly tedious to just be stuck in/on the walls day in and day out.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Good point! I wonder if
pebbles and all the other innanimate things brought to life count as full-fledged gems. They're capable of speech and emoting, so at the very least I imagine it gets terribly tedious to just be stuck in/on the walls day in and day out.
I'm wondering if it's an unintended consequence of the extraction process or something Pink did on purpose. It seems like Pink created the Pebbles in secret, but maybe she also gave life to the walls and combs and stuff so she'd have someone to talk to everywhere she went.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
if i were steven while waiting for the party i would try and deal with other things if possible like bringing evrey one from the human zoo to earth, exept holly blue agate i guess who he would tell to go to her next assignment

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
if i were steven while waiting for the party i would try and deal with other things if possible like bringing evrey one from the human zoo to earth, exept holly blue agate i guess who he would tell to go to her next assignment
"Holly Blue you are now Amethyst's butler."

MEGrika

Oct 25, 2017
Was a good episode. I laughed out loud to the lasagna and the juggler jokes. Was a good song too.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see that they arent sympathizing with the diamonds. Steven calling them dictators and wanting to "stop their spread of terror across space". Of course they arent gonna try to take on all 3 at the same time right out of the gate. The much more realistic route is using his status as pink diamond as leverage and trying to negotiate. Kind of weird everyone instantly thought they were trying to gloss over everything they've done after one episode.

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the worldbuilding in this episode.
I was really intrigued by the adorable pebble gems (they sort of explain why Rose/Pink's room is the way it is in the gem temple) and the strange living objects/architecture that would both stare at and whisper to eachother about Steven.
I also adored the interactions between Steven and the other diamonds; it was honestly really cute seeing Blue reminiscence about her pre-era 2 relationship with the other diamonds.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the worldbuilding in this episode.
I was really intrigued by the adorable pebble gems (they sort of explain why Rose/Pink's room is the way it is in the gem temple) and the strange living objects/architecture that would both stare at and whisper to each about Steven.

Same, also it kinda confirms that all diamonds have that "bring to life" power, it was obvious what we saw in the episode that's what was being harvested in the sauna and pool, as well as showing where the pebbles come from as Steven literally cried one into life.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
This is a really weird thought to have right now maybe, but seeing how they all make things come to life including inanimate objects like statues that can't move (for now), I suddenly started thinking about that giant statue the Gems have above their home back at Beach City. It's kinda' always there in the show (the start cards and credits often are of its hands), and it's kinda' easy to forget about it as it's always there but hasn't really done anything the whole series, but I'm not mighty suspicious of it now that we see statues can be brought to life.

Oct 27, 2017
Same, also it kinda confirms that all diamonds have that "bring to life" power, it was obvious what we saw in the episode that's what was being harvested in the sauna and pool, as well as showing where the pebbles come from as Steven literally cried one into life.

Yeah.
I've been wondering why Yellow in particular would even need a sauna ever since we saw the first promo for this arc, but now it all makes sense.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
The little we have seen of gem society so far is so...weird.

I am not sure what I expected, but this is not quite it.

I like it.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
One interesting contrast i noticed is that Yellow is focused more on the present while Blue seems to be stuck in the past

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Wait Pendelton Ward was on this episode? that's pretty cool

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Pen contributed to this episode.

Tom Herpich, who joined the show as a boarder last episode, is also a long-time Adventure Time vet.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
So Rose's fountain is probably an extraction chamber for Pink:
r96GMNx.jpg

An interesting note: When Garnet and Pearl unplugged the fountain and got it flowing again, Steven fell underwater and imagined he saw the statue reach down to pull him out. What if he wasn't imagining?

Also interesting. When Steven comments on Yellow's extraction chamber being a nice sauna, Yellow replies that it's new. She means new since Pink left. This chamber was constructed after Pink was "shattered" as noted by the vent/drain being in the shape of the Era 2 Diamond Authority logo:
KjWDzhp.jpg

Steven meets Blue in the old extraction chamber, which still bears the Era 1 logo on the drain:
vVctaKS.jpg

Only Blue uses this chamber since Pink shattered. Yellow constructed a new one to distance herself from her guilt.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The pebbles are voiced by Susan Egan, and the comb was voiced by Lisa Hannigan.

Are the inanimate objects just extensions of the Diamonds that gave them life, then?

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
The pebbles are voiced by Susan Egan, and the comb was voiced by Lisa Hannigan.

Are the inanimate objects just extensions of the Diamonds that gave them life, then?
....oh shit, would that explain White Pearl? White Diamond shattered her, but brought her back to "life" as an inanimate object, which is why White Pearl doesn't move her hands and just floats around. Plus, she's voiced by Christine Ebersole, WD's voice actress.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
*Sees this thread has been bumped up*

*Only now learned there was a new episode on last night*

LOL CN what are you doing?

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
....oh shit, would that explain White Pearl? White Diamond shattered her, but brought her back to "life" as an inanimate object, which is why White Pearl doesn't move her hands and just floats around. Plus, she's voiced by Christine Ebersole, WD's voice actress.
I'm not sure about that, if White could reassemble shattered gems I think they'd still have their original personality and voice because we've seen that even gem shards still retain fragments of memories and feelings. The original gem might be damaged in some way after shattering/reassembling but I don't think they'd be an inanimate object.

I think good old fashioned mind control is more likely or maybe white can delete data from a gem (like rose/pink deleted herself to become Steven) and rewrite it, like changing the voice and the coloring, she could have done it because she likes hearing her own voice.

Plus if white shattered a Pearl, why wouldn't she get a new one? Maybe because she was originally pink's but white doesn't seem like the emotional type who would glue a pearl back together, that's what blue would do.

LOL CN what are you doing?
Airing the episode that was announced weeks ago?

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
we've known about the new episodes for like a month, i even made a thread about it

Status
Not open for further replies.