• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Only 10 minutes weekly just doesn't cut it in an arc like this, and I mean it in the best way

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
After tonight's episode, I am ever more confident in my theory.

Spoiler's about tonight's episode in the tag.
Seriously, Pearl IS White Diamond. Isn't it sinking in? Why would pearl on white's thrown feel upset if she didn't feel tied to the post? We will see what happens, but as of right now, I am even more confident.

I don't think she IS White Diamond, but I think White Diamond can see everything she sees. She's not a slave, like Yellow and Blue's Pearl, White's Pearl is just a puppet.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's fine, she's with Steven

But of course, lol.

Happy New Year btw y'all.

9Gwn.gif

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Steven and stevonie wouldprobably resist some of yellows powers

So if they had actually fought back, yellow probably would have been caught off guard and maybe they could have done something

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
steven should have forced the diamonds to stay on earth longer, instead of immediately finding the ship, in an effort to improve them there, with No contact with homeworld

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of interesting things goin' on in this new episode.
I love the new gems with their weird gear dresses. And homeworld continues to look stranger and stranger; I mean, jesus, that singing green object managed to be both goofy and incredibly unsettling lol
I love it.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I'm wondering what we're not being told. There's clearly something about White that makes even Yellow and Blue freak out over missteps in etiquette.
Yeah there was underlying level of "this is really wrong"
Like it's possible that Blue and Yellow only flew off the handle like that because of what White would do if she found out what was happening.

I guess the idea of gems fusing with anything other than their own type is a taboo sent down by white herself

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there was underlying level of "this is really wrong"
Like it's possible that Blue and Yellow only flew off the handle like that because of what White would do if she found out what was happening.

I guess the idea of gems fusing with anything other than their own type is a taboo sent down by white herself
Blue and Yellow were pretty chill before they got back to Homeworld.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Some have theorized that all 4 diamond goops mixed together could be an alternative to healing corruption rather then gathering all 4 dianonds on earth But if we are right that diamond goop is used to make gems Shouldnt this mixture be in injectors on earth kindergardens unused?

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I just want diamonds to be nice! I have no idea how the crew could possibly redeem them but i really hope they do
I feel like blue and yellow, while not totally redeemed, are at least softened by the fact that a good deal of their actions are motivated by a visceral fear of white. Neither of them had a problem with Garnet or the other gems prior to this episode.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
This episode was weird. The dream at the beginning clearly showed that white's pearl used to be pink's but Steven completely ignored that, he should know that his diamond dreams are basically his mom's memories with a weird dream filter.
Steven and Connie accidentally fusing also felt off, they should have been more aware of the situation they were in and how fusion works for them especially Connie, why did she of all people push Steven to go against protocol and dance when even Amethyst did the "My Diamond" song and dance and Garnet swallowed her pride and unfused for a bunch of fusionphobes to support Steven's goal of getting white's help?

ThatPersonGuy

Dec 30, 2018
This episode was weird. The dream at the beginning clearly showed that white's pearl used to be pink's but Steven completely ignored that, he should know that his diamond dreams are basically his mom's memories with a weird dream filter.
Steven and Connie accidentally fusing also felt off, they should have been more aware of the situation they were in and how fusion works for them especially Connie, why did she of all people push Steven to go against protocol and dance when even Amethyst did the "My Diamond" song and dance and Garnet swallowed her pride and unfused for a bunch of fusionphobes to support Steven's goal of getting white's help?
Yeah I agree here. Look, I get being overwhelmed and not making 100% rational decisions. I get wanting to make your best friend/obvious crush feel better in a clearly uncomfortable situation. But doing the one thing that could get your friends all killed or worse at the literal worst possible moment for it just reeks of "we couldn't think up an easier way to get everybody thrown in jail so idk power of love I guess don't think about it too hard".

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah Connie suddenly deciding to throw protocol to the wind was a bit forced and out of character to cause conflict and move the plot forward.

Oct 26, 2017
White Pearl almost definitely is being completely controlled by White Diamond. I'm assuming she might've once rebelled and was "fixed" afterwards.

I didn't think of everyone getting new designs since they were poofed. Those'll be interesting to see.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
I will say it was nice seeing those two gems who were like "row row fight the power" and fused out of nowhere. I hope we see them again soon.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's great they remind us Blue is a horrible person that tried to execute Garnet for fusing

Also yeah this basically confirms that white pearl was basically lobotomized

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
The real question becomes what's going to happen to Garnet (Ruby & Sappire), Amethyst, & Pearl while Steven and Connie are in jail. Are they just going to be put into prison as well? Or will something worse happen to them, like being mind-controlled/wiped by White Diamond or being turned into inanimate gem structures like those seen in Familiar? It's incredibly dark, but the show has already heavily implied that WD did something very bad to White Pearl.

It's possible that this arc ends with Steven and Connie being forced to leave everyone else behind when they escape (probably via Lars & the Off Colors). Maybe we don't find out what happens to the OG Crystal Gems until later in the season when Steven has to mount a rescue operation to go back to Homeworld.

I don't think the show will stretch things that far, and we'll probably see what happened in Battle of Heart & Mind.

MEGrika

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to guess that the one brief frown from Steven at White Pearl in the dream actually meant something and wasn't just a "You thought I was mad for a second!" joke. We already know Pink was a hot head in the beginning. I'm guessing just like that Stevonnie vision with the window she punched White Pearl in the eye in a rage at not getting her way and broke her "toy" and White gave her her Pearl. Maybe it was Pink's first step on the path to realizing she had to be kinder and there are consequences to her actions.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to guess that the one brief frown from Steven at White Pearl in the dream actually meant something and wasn't just a "You thought I was mad for a second!" joke. We already know Pink was a hot head in the beginning. I'm guessing just like that Stevonnie vision with the window she punched White Pearl in the eye in a rage at not getting her way and broke her "toy" and White gave her her Pearl. Maybe it was Pink's first step on the path to realizing she had to be kinder and there are consequences to her actions.
Uhh wouldn't that just make her poof

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The party went about as well as I expected. I do think the lack of caution Connie and Steven had before fusing felt a bit... rushed. 11 minutes is such a short episode format for story arcs :(

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
You know the fact that she went from pink to completely white kinda makes me think that it might not have been Pink Diamond that did whatever to her.

Oct 26, 2017
We know gems poof if their physical forms are overwhelmed and are shattered if their gems are damaged enough.

We don't know if they can be cracked though.

Imagine if Garnet, Amethyst, or Pearl got "cracked".

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
We know gems poof if their physical forms are overwhelmed and are shattered if their gems are damaged enough.

We don't know if they can be cracked though.

Imagine if Garnet, Amethyst, or Pearl got "cracked".

not sure about garnet getting cracked but there was an episode about amethyst's gem being cracked and we saw it happen to eyeball-ruby too.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
You know the fact that she went from pink to completely white kinda makes me think that it might not have been Pink Diamond that did whatever to her.
Lars and Lion both turned pink when Rose/Steven healed them so White probably did the same to Pink Pearl at some point.

Oct 26, 2017
Amethyst got cracked one time
not sure about garnet getting cracked but there was an episode about amethyst's gem being cracked and we saw it happen to eyeball-ruby too.
Didn't Lapis have a cracked gem at one point?
Damn, you all disproved me fast lol.

Maybe White Diamond healed said cracked Pearl but due to her nature could only heal her partially like Yellow did to Nephrite.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I think White has the ability to mess with a gem's 'code' as it were

Status
Not open for further replies.