• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
White's ship + Pinks ship vs. Yellow and Blue? Are we in for a swerve?
oPHdq18.png

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
White's ship + Pinks ship vs. Yellow and Blue? Are we in for a swerve?
oPHdq18.png
I'm guessing that, after their fight, Yellow and Blue Diamond both agree to help Steven escape Homeworld. But as they walk towards the pink leg ship, White Pearl shows up, followed by White's head/torso ship docking and taking control of the leg ship. I imagine that's the end of the third episode of the event. The fourth and final episode consists Steven, Connie, and the gems finding another way home while Yellow and Blue Diamond hold off White Diamond.

Last edited:

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
I'm guessing that, after their fight, Yellow and Blue Diamond both agree to help Steven escape Homeworld. But as they walk towards the pink leg ship, White Pearl shows up, followed by White's head/torso ship docking and taking control of the leg ship. I imagine that's the end of the third episode of the event. The fourth and final episode consists Steven, Connie, and the gems finding another way while Yellow and Blue Diamond hold off White Diamond.

That makes perfect sense

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
If White/OG Pink Pearl was
deprived of light in the same sort of prison Stevonnie is in and thus became "bleached,"
how does that explain her permanently cracked form? The gem in her stomach has no physical damage, but her face and the hairbuns themselves are cracked. Something happened that permanently damaged her hard light construct of a body.

I'm not trying to shoot the theory down; in fact, it actually makes a ton of sense. But something else had to have happened to her as well.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
If White/OG Pink Pearl was
deprived of light in the same sort of prison Stevonnie is in and thus became "bleached,"
how does that explain her permanently cracked form? The gem in her stomach has no physical damage, but her face and the hairbuns themselves are cracked. Something happened that permanently damaged her hard light construct of a body.

I'm not trying to shoot the theory down; in fact, it actually makes a ton of sense. But something else had to have happened to her as well.
The cracks in the body read to me as containing a mind inside that is stronger than her physical forms ability to contain it

Recall that White Pearl is not voiced by the normal Pearl VA inside voiced by White Diamonds VA. It suggests that WD acts directly through her and as we have seen the Diamonds are much more powerful minds then the average gems.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Someone remind me is it this week or next week that we're skipping having a new episode

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Monday Jan. 21 is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so a lot of people won't have work or school. That's probably why they scheduled Battle of Heart & Mind for that day.

Wanted aired on Memorial Day, so this strategy isn't new. Memorial Day and MLK Jr. Day also aren't holidays that involve big family gatherings or parties in the evening, so people are more likely to be in front of their TVs.

Last edited:

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Monday Jan. 21 is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so a lot of people won't have work or school. That's probably whey they scheduled Battle of Heart & Mind for that day.

Wanted aired on Memorial Day, so this strategy isn't new. Memorial Day and MLK Jr. Day also aren't holidays that involve big family gatherings or parties in the evening, so people are more likely to be in front of their TVs.

I totally forgot about that. Then yeah, I guess that makes more sense.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Monday Jan. 21 is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so a lot of people won't have work or school. That's probably why they scheduled Battle of Heart & Mind for that day.

... Ok yeah. That makes sense. Especially since they aired new episodes on Christmas and New Years and there's no way to evenly space out all the episodes without a break at some point.

TanookiTom

Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Loved this episode! It was such a nice metaphor for having to pretend to be "normal" during family gatherings. And for also showing how awkward and uncomfortable such situations can make everybody feel. And what a heartwarming bit when the so far unknown gems fused shouting out "I knew it. I knew I couldn't be the only one". This show does such a sweet job of approaching the topics of gender and sexuality and non-conforming in general.

Generally I like the theory about . Can't wait for the next episode which I guess is due tonight?

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
Aww it's nice how much the Jade's resonated with queer people, especially their one line in the episode.

Can't wait for that new episode tonight!

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The full song escapism has been leaked

Well released before the episode by spotify I think

This will probably also happen for any songs in battle of heart and mind

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
tonight we're gonna have a good old fashioned jailbreak....remember to not post about the episode outside of spoiler tags before the appointed time, or i'll have to smack you with a gas powered stick

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_pkyg1eecls1r9ecbs_500.jpg

Tonight's episode is storyboarded by me and the amazing Adam Muto! Enjoy!
Joe Johnston

Why hire new teams when you can have Adventure Time ex-pats come in and lend a hand, eh?
Adam previously worked together with Rebecca on several popular AT episodes before she left and he eventually assumed the reins of showrunner from Pen Ward. And Joe's back on storyboards, too.

I feel pretty good about this episode.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Adam Muto deserves his own original show tbh....either that or bring Adventure Time back and put him in charge again

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, they really did plunder the Adventure Time staff then. That's three boarders (and two showrunners!) in the past four episodes alone.

Has Joe boarded since Mr. Greg?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
He's helped out other boarders on some episodes (Pool Hopping) but I think this is the first time he's been back in charge of a full ep since then, yeah.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Adam Muto & Joe Johnston is like a superstar crossover of storyboarders. And here I thought most of this episode would just be Steven and Connie talking in a dark cell. Who knows what crazy stuff we're going to see?

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Adam Muto & Joe Johnston is like a superstar crossover of storyboarders. And here I thought most of this episode would just be Steven and Connie talking in a dark cell. Who knows what crazy stuff we're going to see?
i'm predicting more pink diamond dreams

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
no one expected water melon stevens

Guess lars will make it to earth off sfreen as they can not use lion without Steven and no working space ships on earth.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
The moment it finished, I thought "People are going to be pissed at this episode."

At least people who are angry will get more than their fill of epic plot, drama, and action stuff in two weeks.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So i get itQUOTE="KenzinFive, post: 16643306, member: 19940"]The moment it finished, I thought "People are going to be pissed at this episode."

At least people who are angry will get more than their fill of epic plot, drama, and action stuff in two weeks.[/QUOTE]
The song esacpism and who sings it has been built up for over a year now

So i get it

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the episode, gave me the same vibes as the bojack horseman underwater episode, it was a great concept and very nicely pulled.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
lol at anybody comparing this to a townie episode, this was a great way to insert tension into a breather episode, Steven's palpable frustration set the mood perfectly for this whole thing.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
The song esacpism and who sings it has been built up for over a year now

So i get it
It was a beautiful song in its official form, but I can understand people thinking it was wasted.

It makes me wonder if the Crewniverse has planned for these episodes to come out much sooner than they did. I'm sure that when Rebecca first sang that song publically, she didn't think it would be over a year before the episode came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.