• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
"Don't worry, bro, none of this is canon." - Uncle Grandpa
meanwhile...
DpRQYBLUcAABq21.jpg:small

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder to everyone that CN's upfront is Wednesday. Be on the lookout for news about their shows including SU.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Since they've been so tight-lipped I hope that any announcement is followed by a quick release.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We already know that the movie's not going to arrive before the fall, so I wouldn't hold your breath for a quick turnaround.

The only thing I could see coming from the upfront is an official confirmation of the series carrying on past the movie, but I think the most likely scenario is that we get nothing substantive until Comic-Con.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
We already know that the movie's not going to arrive before the fall, so I wouldn't hold your breath for a quick turnaround.

The only thing I could see coming from the upfront is an official confirmation of the series carrying on past the movie, but I think the most likely scenario is that we get nothing substantive until Comic-Con.
these are my thoughts as well, but it never hurts to be aware of these things

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Good point regarding the movie, hopefully we get more info on that too. Do we know if it's going to take place after the latest episode?

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The upfront is on the go at the moment (hence the Rick and Morty news), but I'm not hearing anything about SU news.

EDIT: Yeah, that's that. The wait for Comic-Con continues.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I've finished watching LASTMAN & Love, Death, and Robots. I need another series to help fill the void, so I might go and check out Star VS. The Forces of Evil.
Star might be my favorite kids show of this gen, not gonna lie.

It fills that niche of having a kickass female protag without having to make her a tomboy or a straight up cutesy mahou shoujo and it deals with some pretty serious theme later on

and this season's villain is sailor moon

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
The upfront is on the go at the moment (hence the Rick and Morty news), but I'm not hearing anything about SU news.

EDIT: Yeah, that's that. The wait for Comic-Con continues.
it was what I expected pretty much, from what I remember CN doesn't usually do their big announcements at this thing

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Big props to Kangi for my new avatar.

Also a bit off topic but would anyone here be interested in a We Bare Bears OT? I noticed there wasn't one and that's honestly a shame.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in favor. Always nice to have an OT to go to when watching a piece of media, and WBB is one of many cartoons that still lack one.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Cool I'll get started on it...later today i guess, I should be able to get it up within the next couple of days

Aine

May 27, 2019
I want to watch more SU, but I've barely watched much of the first season and I feel like I'm way too behind. :(

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I want to watch more SU, but I've barely watched much of the first season and I feel like I'm way too behind. :(
it's going to be a long time before new episodes come out.
and it only really takes like 40 hours to watch all of it.
if you can find 2 hours a week (roughly 8 of the 15 minute episodes a week or a little over 1 a day) you will easily catch up before new episodes come out :P

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Hate to be a bother, but could anyone here edit the watermarks and logos out of this image?
maxresdefault.jpg

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I got the We Bare Bears thread pretty much finished would anyone be willing to take a look at it and give me some criticisms before I post it?

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the new game at the MSFT conference Way to the Woods has music done by Aivi & Surasshu, that's pretty cool love their work

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
A musical, heh? I guess I should have expected that, but I was hoping for a conventional feature.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
A feature-length musical presumably means longer, more ambitious songs than the (mostly) quick-fire numbers in Mr Greg.
Very promising given the people they've got contributing. And Opal will presumably be back?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Well well that's interesting, I wonder if it's just Yellow or if the other Diamonds are going to be involved

Oct 25, 2017
Nice and it shouldn't be surprising given the musical talent the show usually has

Chance the rapper is a new character then or is it a producing role?

Should be fun

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this gonna be one of those standalone story TV movies

If so I guess we're gonna go like a full year before season 6

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Is this gonna be one of those standalone story TV movies

If so I guess we're gonna go like a full year before season 6
We don't know.
when they were originally talking about it they said it wasn't connected to the diamond storyline or that it wouldn't be needed to know the diamond stuff to watch it... something along those lines.
something that at the time felt like it would be standalone but at this point could easily set up Steven Universe Z :P

also the movie isn't going to come out until like november assuming CN doesn't bump it back. they don't typically run much new stuff in decemember so you have always been looking at a likely January release for season 6.

from what I have read it sounds like season 6 is done and they are working on 7 right now... so ideally when it does come we can get steady releases instead of long breaks but we will see.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they handle the pacing better for whatever the next arc is gonna be. It was extremely disappointing having white diamond be intimidating for 5 minutes of screen time before breaking down. AND having yellow/blue turn in the same special. I would have traded 6 crappy townie episodes like rocknaldo, future boy zoltron, etc. for more time on home world and fleshed out arcs for all those characters.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The deadline press release mentions performances by White Diamonds VA and a quick story synopsis implying it's after change Your Mind.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
This is from the new Dove Self Esteem x Steven Universe collaboration.

o30kocg8fb631.png

While I had assumed this from the start, it's nice to have a confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.