• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
Hi fellow Steven Universe fans!
Can someone tell me when will the panel happen?
Also, it's nice to see that there is a Steven Universe OT

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is the panel streamed? Is the trailer just gonna drop on YouTube afterwards?

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know that we'll definitely get an official YouTube upload- the Lars of the Stars stuff from a few years back never did.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know that we'll definitely get an official YouTube upload- the Lars of the Stars stuff from a few years back never did.
CN didn't upload full panels back then like they do now either. Plus not to disrespect pirate Lars, but I think this is just a bit of a bigger deal.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Okay the panel is in less than 30 minutes, we finally gonna see Steven's neck in action

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
I just want to know how many more seasons do we have, the movie seems to be revamping a lot, so it would be a little odd for season 6 to be the last one

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Steven still tending to the uncorrupted gems on earth and at homeworld and beyond. Villain arrives some time after he gets back home, essentially installs a doomsday device that will wipe out all organic life. She's really cartoony, makes ample use of shapeshifting to stretch her limbs around.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
If there's no info about Season 6 revealed in this panel, then I'm putting my money on a Season 6/sequel series promo airing immediately after the movie.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Drop the trailer already CN! Do it!

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
So good. September 2nd is sooner than I expected.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Its probably fine to talk about the trailer without spoiler tags. I'll add a threadmark just in case.

Mar 9, 2018
It was a fine trailer, but it wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be. Didn't really show much, I think that's why I'm not that impressed. It's interesting how cartoonish the villain is -- and she seems to be alone.

Steve is dismantling the Gem empire apparently.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice trailer and i'm glad to see that relationship is moving as they get older :D

But Steven still has things to learn if that's his current mindset.

Also Peridot, Lapis and Bismuth?

images

you've got my attention.

Huh, I'm surprised with the bump in animation quality (at least what has been shown in that trailer). And the new antagonist doesn't seem to be a pushover, so that is a nice surprise.

Tbf it is "the movie" for the series so you would expect a bit of a bump due to additional resources and having to concentrate on a specific run-time than a bunch of episodes.

And yea the villain looks like they can put up a fight but we will have to see what her motivations and thoughts are since that will be the true battle as always with this series imo. :P

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The animation probably cost some episodes from the next season. Wouldn't be surprised if its shorter than usual

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm crying a little bit. That animation. The new song sounds soooooo goooood.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Steven still tending to the uncorrupted gems on earth and at homeworld and beyond. Villain arrives some time after he gets back home, essentially installs a doomsday device that will wipe out all organic life. She's really cartoony, makes ample use of shapeshifting to stretch her limbs around.

Song is really good. CN shelling out the big bucks for recording

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
The animation looks really good. Why they gotta tease me with Peridot and Lapis in the trailer, since it's very unlikely they will get a lot of focus. >:| Not a big fan of the movie's premise, feels very "gotta have stupidly high stakes because reasons". The only upside I see is it further establishing a new status quo for the next season.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
I like the trailer but more for the status quo/timeskip change - having all life on earth in peril isn't really new for the show. Really interested to see the characters develop though.

The animation looks really good. Why they gotta tease me with Peridot and Lapis in the trailer, since it's very unlikely they will get a lot of focus. >:| Not a big fan of the movie's premise, feels very "gotta have stupidly high stakes because reasons". The only upside I see is it further establishing a new status quo for the next season.
Nothing to do with any of this, but I love your avatar!

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
The cluster says Hi. ;) The stakes aren't higher than they were in the show and gems do have the technology to suck the life out of a planet or to blow it up so it's not like it's coming out of nowhere.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you even do a movie if you weren't willing to up the stakes and do something that couldn't be handled in the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.