• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Past two years we've gotten a batch of solid episodes in January, so I think that could continue next year.

I'm definitely interested to see how things will progress. One of my issues with the "Wanted" stretch in May was its abrupt end. I could contribute it to being the start of a season that was meant to continue immediately after and that the whole bit of "I'm back! *credits*" was probably a happier note to end on rather than going right to the ramifications like the bridge of season one to season two. With all the stuff that went on through those six or so episodes and knowing a hiatus was inevitable, I suppose that ending was the right choice, abrupt as it is.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
oh hi I think this thread is for me

That season 5 trailer has me ridiculously hyped for a potential Lapis arc (seriously why did we not get this sooner!!!) and Peridot putting her character development to actual use and more Stevonnie eps aaaaaargh. Also lol at the 2-minute Dewey Wins preview being released months before the actual episode airs like what are you actually doing CN.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
oh hi I think this thread is for me

That season 5 trailer has me ridiculously hyped for a potential Lapis arc (seriously why did we not get this sooner!!!) and Peridot putting her character development to actual use and more Stevonnie eps aaaaaargh. Also lol at the 2-minute Dewey Wins preview being released months before the actual episode airs like what are you actually doing CN.
getting people to talk about SU again as the video game comes out.
and trying to prove that they haven't completely forgotten about the show even though they do such a poor job scheduling it :P

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
I think that's cause the people who do promotion for the games/SU soundtrack from earlier this year/ongoing SU podcast are generally separate from the people in charge of scheduling.

Yuri

Oct 27, 2017
I.... have a gemsona guys.

DJjmHX_W4AAjAOb.jpg:large

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. ;_; I love this show!

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Sadie finally has the confidence to lead a band as a vocalist. Very cool!

Oh, and it looks like we're getting some heavy Lapis stuff too.

INPAQ

Oct 27, 2017
Ummm, am I the only one nervous about Cartoon Network premiering these new SU episodes on the CN App and not on TV? Is this a precursor to SU going off the air? Sorry if I'm being overly dramatic.

NTom64_HFC

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so excited! I just wish the Euro release date for Save the Light was known, but I can wait for that. Gimme dem new eps!

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Ummm, am I the only one nervous about Cartoon Network premiering these new SU episodes on the CN App and not on TV? Is this a precursor to SU going off the air? Sorry if I'm being overly dramatic.
Not at all. It seems shocking and worrying at first. But Cartoon Network did the same thing with OK K.O., an entirely new show that they are pushing very heavily. They uploaded the first dozen or so episodes all at once onto the app before they ever aired on TV.

Pushing new episodes onto the Cartoon Network app entices people to download the app and probably gives Cartoon Network a more accurate measurement of how many people are viewing their content as opposed to only Nielsen ratings. They also probably know that Steven Universe has a much older fanbase, so they're more likely to binge the content online as opposed to just watching on TV.

Steven Universe will be fine. They launched the console game TODAY for PS4 and later this week for Xbox One; they wouldn't have greenlit a console game for a series in its final season.

I think a season 6 is all but guaranteed, and a season 7 is fairly probable unless the show's ratings tank in Season 6.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
yeah when they cancelled uncle grandpa and decided to give adventure time an ending they told us way in advance, so i wouldn't get to worrying about Steven Universe quite yet

also i'm in can't wait to see what happens

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Why is Pearl described as having a close relationship with Rose? It was all in her head. Rose only thought of her as a sister.

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017
this is a pleasant surprise, I really wasn't expecting to get anything until the new year. can't wait for the new batch, I wonder how many episodes we're getting

also I wouldn't worry about episodes premiering on the app first, since people and especially kids are always on devices and streaming stuff the CN app is just as important and efficient at getting content out there as the channel itself (maybe even more so) and I'm sure the people at CN know this. nothing to worry about as long as we're still actually getting episodes (and I'm sure the TV broadcasts will follow shortly after)

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Pearl described as having a close relationship with Rose? It was all in her head. Rose only thought of her as a sister.
are we parodying the people who said that ruby and sapphire loved each other like sisters, because it's pretty obvious Pearl and Rose had a thing in the past

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Last episode I've watched was Gem Harvest, I think. So, what did I miss?
You missed some very fun and great story arcs, including the Out of This World arc that properly introduced
Blue Diamond.
The end of Season 4 and the beginning of Season 5 feature some of the most compelling stuff the show has ever done, with Season 5 featuring some big status quo changes.

Last edited:

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Just because it could possibly not be romantic like pearl wanted, doesn't mean it's not a close relationship.

As close as two sisters could ever get :p

are we parodying the people who said that ruby and sapphire loved each other like sisters, because it's pretty obvious Pearl and Rose had a thing in the past

Just having a little fun. I do wish they delved more into Rose's relationship with other gems (especially Ame) because frankly Pearl in an unreliable narrator.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Of course she is...but she does probably know things even Garnet doesn't

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Man... SCREW YOU CARTOON NETWORK FOR LYING!
winter... what bull.
the first day of winter isn't until dec 21st... this isn't winter SCREW YOU!
:P
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

NTom64_HFC

Oct 27, 2017
this is a pleasant surprise, I really wasn't expecting to get anything until the new year. can't wait for the new batch, I wonder how many episodes we're getting

also I wouldn't worry about episodes premiering on the app first, since people and especially kids are always on devices and streaming stuff the CN app is just as important and efficient at getting content out there as the channel itself (maybe even more so) and I'm sure the people at CN know this. nothing to worry about as long as we're still actually getting episodes (and I'm sure the TV broadcasts will follow shortly after)

It's worth noting that the first episode of Wanted appeared on the app before it aired on television. I would imagine "Winter" is the TV airing for these upcoming episodes.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
so... they officially come out on the 10th...

so... what's our base line for the leaks... the 5th or so?

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
6 new episodes + Wanted would put us 10 episodes into Season 5, even though it doesn't feel like it.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna say...lets keep the new episodes under spoilers until the week after they're on the app

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We can use spoiler tags here, but I would advise caution on Tumblr and YouTube. Ten minutes after the episode airs, you'll probably see untagged thumbnails all over the place.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey there's an SU thing here, neat!

I acknowledge that SU isn't necessarily the best cartoon ever made, but gosh darn if it isn't my favourite. I first started watching it a little after jailbreak aired, and whilst I went in super skeptical, it was exactly the cartoon that I needed at the time. It means a lot to me. Can't wait for the new episodes!

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
tumblr_oyngsl4WGq1t0chc8o1_540.jpg

tumblr_oyngsl4WGq1t0chc8o2_540.jpg

seems when I wasn't looking Peri took over CN's twitter again
She took over the Cartoon Network twitter as a way to announce the new trailer and air date. The Cartoon Network PR account responded that she should give the account back because they were just about to announce when Steven Universe was coming back.

Pretty fun little social media stunt. I was literally about to post CartoonNetworkPR's tweet that new info was imminent on here. But then the trailer itself got posted.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I have had Ducktales and some games to help soothe the hiatus but it's nice to hear they will be back soon.

DeadPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
damn i completely missed this tread somehow. but yeah, right now i am getting hyped for STL, which is taking forever to get uploaded to the playstation store... god damn it sony, hurry up!

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I just treat it like a new game in one of my favorite series is releasing

Status
Not open for further replies.