Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
MUG_TEMPLATE3_1_1024x1024.png

We're here for stocks discussion, including news, market commentary, technical analysis and trading ideas.

Note: Any actions you take based on posts here are your own responsibility. Be aware of your own risk tolerance, and be sure you understand the risks of any trade you make.

stock-market-meme-15.jpg

f5270ac78dfc466feccc7e7c14dcf9a0.jpg

"You can have your own V's. There's V's. There are lesser V's. There are combos of U's and V's."

2rPFcZ_0PLFk8AL00

Questions about stocks, options or trading? Ask away.

W3f0JvFSvOjW4flE2-SPx2i0-eZSbDGwIMOtKOilx0g.png

Options are a great way to bet on upside with capped potential losses, or to manage risk with covered calls or hedging, or to scale into a position. Theta, gamma, vega?

18i0ot.jpg

www.investopedia.com

A Beginner’s Guide to Call Buying

This article focuses on the technique of buying calls and then selling or exercising them for a profit. Learn how to buy calls today.

If you have a trade idea for pork belly futures or something else, expand on that, let's hear why.

Prefer a much slower pace?

Retirement focused discussion here:

Retirement Era

Previous OT:

OT1

Last edited:

less

Oct 25, 2017
Stellar OP.

Tesla to hit $700 by battery day. You heard it here last.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
The crazy thing about Tesla is all these S&P index fund investors are massively underweight on it

Just joining these ETFs could be a huge boost

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hi new OT! Can't wait for us to reach OT3 and look back on how "cheap" Tesla at $500 used to be. lol

That or how it used to be so high and it crashed spectacular!

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Do you smell that? It's a fresh new thread!

And the smell of freshly printed paper. Thank you Fed and thank you everyone who has been boosting the value of my Tesla shares!

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018
Great ot, Sheepinator

The thread running speed is intense as well. Hard to keep up over the day haha.

As always: I don't have enough of everything :( bought too much Legos again lol

Last edited:

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
TSLA is going all the way to Mars! Or crashing all the way to the magma layer. What day of the week is it?

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Let's go! Nice OT Sheepinator . Would be funny if this OT ended up being created on the day the next top (whether short or long term) was put in the market. :P Sheepinator confirmed market maker then.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I have religiously been a mutual fund investor. I've been following the last thread for a bit... getting in on this one on the ground floor. Bought a few individual stocks last week and today. Fuck it. I have relatively "safe" investments. I want to join in on the lols and fuckery!

OP
OP
Sheepinator

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I just found out about the cover feature for the banner at the top of the page. Looks good on PC and phone :-)

Oct 25, 2017
I should have put more into my little Slack bet I made last week. Up 8 percent since Thursday, and another 5 in after hours today. Oh well.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
I have religiously been a mutual fund investor. I've been following the last thread for a bit... getting in on this one on the ground floor. Bought a few individual stocks last week and today. Fuck it. I have relatively "safe" investments. I want to join in on the lols and fuckery!

This just about describes me. Bought a whole bunch of Tesla today... away we go!

gillian03

Oct 28, 2017

Welcome to the danger zone. :3

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017

I used to be an ETF investor like you, then I took a Tesla to the knee!

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
TSLA's rise reminds me of SHOP's rise. It makes zero sense, but no one can argue with the ride 🤷‍♂️

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
So much gamblings...
Why didn't I somehow sink 50k into AMD back when it was 27 bucks.. lol

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
This just about describes me. Bought a whole bunch of Tesla today... away we go!
I had to dabble as well, I'm part of the FOMO crowd that's going to see the bubble burst.

Welcome to the danger zone. :3
Curious to find out if my investments are Maverick or Goose.

I used to be an ETF investor like you, then I took a Tesla to the knee!
I sell ETFs and mutual funds with my mother. It's fun most days but hard work!

So much gamblings...
Why didn't I somehow sink 50k into AMD back when it was 27 bucks.. lol
The hindsight is real!

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
That just seems crazy to me.

Yeah it worries me a little, but my cost basis is ~$13 so it didn't start out that way, just grew way more than anything else. I sold like 10% of my shares a couple weeks ago, probably will try to sell some more in the next couple months if it starts going down or stays flat. Surely it can't go over $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.