• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
was turbo bear the whole COVID dip. Finally went all in 2 weeks ago, and I think the money I've made is making me even more bearish; It shouldn't be this quick or easy.

Thinking about exiting soon.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
Okay so what non-meme stocks are good to lock away a few grand in, and/or are currently down? I want an actual reliable way of making my money work for me over a set period of time without having to monitor it constantly or worry. Sorry if abusing the thread, am card-carrying noob

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Almost everything down except bank stocks. iShares Core S&P 500 down .5% (Germany).

Yep. Banks and Energy up 10% this week, Banks up nearly 20% on the year and energy 30%. People can say whatever they want but this is market makers rebalancing. Read a good article about how last year they overweighted tech and underweighted finance/energy last year and they are probably rebalancing before the economy re-opens.

Dunno how much more they could go up, I sold my bank positions Tuesday (edit: Monday), definitely a little early, but they are back to above pre-COVID levels now and the buying will slow down at some point.

You just can't deny that (FAANGMAN) tech is flattening, earnings don't matter because their valuations are sky high, and there is good reason to rebalance because of all that and the economy reopening.

Question is if this movement started months ago how much more steam does it have before the selling pressure on tech ceases and the buying pressure on banks/energy slows down.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a post on twitter of someone who predicted AMC was going to go up a bunch from earlier this week. His prediction was off by a day but I have no idea how he saw it coming. I can't find it now but they have less than a hundred followers so it's not like he has the power to unleash a legion of pumpers.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Premarket certainly isn't pleasing me and could indicate GME fuckery messing up the recovery though all sorts of things can be behind it.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017

This is all thanks to QE and the Fed. People basically have no other choice but the market when it comes to trying to grow their wealth over time, which introduces more risk. As someone looking to save for a house in the future I feel all but forced to park that money into the market, else it just sits in a high interest account or in bonds that can hardly keep up with inflation.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
PLUGs gross billings beat estimates but their revenue got slammed by warrants. Not that I want to add any more to an over-valued loser in my portfolio, but looks like a company that is going to get unnecessarily beat up over the warrant issue they already publicly released prior to these earnings and at this point has been fully expensed. They still are on track for 21' forecasts and have a lot of cash on hand when they did their offering.

Worth watching to see exactly how far it falls compared to it's sector and if it's worth making a swing play.

Last edited:

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Any ideas when that Coinbase launch is happening? I tried finding online but I might be blind.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Not fucking with GME this time around even though I made some money from it in January. Not gonna lie, it's tempting as hell but I got in early in Jan (~$35) so I have a hard time justifying the risk at $160 when it could easily plummet just as quickly as it rose. Good luck anyone going after it, hopefully people who lost their asses in January are able to get some of that back and get out while they can

Shadout

Oct 27, 2017
Had a decent day in European market so far, 1% up. Let's see how much the US market can destroy today...

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of selling my Airbnb before today's earnings. I don't expect results to be great for obvious reasons, but even if they were we have seen companies smashing it and still see a massive sell off.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
I'm thinking of selling my Airbnb before today's earnings. I don't expect results to be great for obvious reasons, but even if they were we have seen companies smashing it and still see a massive sell off.

Prices are being dictated more by future potential than by current results. It seems like companies with more positive outlooks, even if they post middling earnings, tend to fair better than companies who are "smashing it" but seem wary of the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.