• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

If you could only play one

• The Last of Us 2

Votes: 505 22.2%
  • Halo: Infinite

Votes: 155 6.8%
  • Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 984 43.2%
  • Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 634 27.8%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
BoTW follow up for me, can't wait for that one. Infinite and Tlou2 I have interest in to different degrees and I'm just not that bothered by Cyberpunk.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
Halo doesn't interest me and BOTW2 and TLOU2 despite being sequels to brilliant games aren't something new like CP2077.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't care too much about any of these games tbh.
Cyberpunk I guess?

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I'm not exactly sure what to expect from Infinite, Cyberpunk, and BotW 2, while I'm pretty sure TLOU: Pt. 2 is just going to be more TLOU and I enjoyed TLOU enough, so that. I'll go with the known quantity.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
3 hotly anticipated console exclusives and CP2077 standing on its own. Incredible.

I would go for CP2077 easily.

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if it pains me...

Cyberpunk 20177.

Sorry Naughty Gods and Big-N but if there can only be one.

Luckily for me i don't have to play favourites and can enjoy each and every one of them.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not even sure what this thought experiment is trying to gauge as the four games seem to pretty different. Just what one values over the other? The greatest point of similarity might be that Cyberpunk and LoU2 have extreme violence against other humans? Based on my brief look at the trailers but the tone and structure don't look too similar: one a linear story driven drama, the other a free form customizable avatar exploration.

The closest game I've personally bought with shooting mechanics was Valkyria Chronicles and that's not traditional shooting mechanics so BoTW2 is my pick.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
If Halo cuts out all of the "Enhanced Mobillity" crap and returns to a classic gameplay style then it is that by a factor of a million. I have no faith that 343i will do that so I will have to go with the series that i feel most invested after that which is The Last of Us.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
I didn't like BotW even after multiple attempts playing it.

Halo Infinite I'm cautiously optimistic about, but so far 343 has disappointed me.

Cyberpunk 2077 I am indeed very much looking forward to, but it's nowhere near the top of my most wanted games.

The Last of Us pt 2 (and presumably the follow up to the addictive MP from the first) is my choice. It's waaaay up there for me.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Zero interest in BOTW2 because the first one bored me to death.
Not a Halo fan.
Cuberpunk looks interesting. I will buy.

I loved TLOU so I'm looking forward to TLOU 2 the most.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have an affinity for The Last of Us or Halo, so between the other two I'd pick Zelda.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
My daily reminder that I have yet to play BotW despite owning a Switch has come early today.

I think it's the weapon degradation complaints that put me off. That and the ÂŁ59.99 price point years after release...

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Halo because I'm curious as to whether 343i can finally hit it home. 3rd time lucky and all that. I share the sentiment that it's their last chance for me as a fan of the originals. Now that MCC is a thing and is coming to PC, I'm quite happy to ignore anything else going forward. So we'll see.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's the weapon degradation complaints that put me off. That and the ÂŁ59.99 price point years after release...
This is Nintendo, we're talkin about. It'll be ÂŁ59.99 DECADES after release.
Or they'll have removed it from the Switch's eshop after porting it to the Switch 2 because fuck you that's why.

cormano91939

Banned
Sep 4, 2019
If Breath of the Wild is a return to roots, a return to the original Legend of Zelda, I am waiting for this new style to receive its A Link to the Past. Breath of the Wild is rough around edges, not totally delivering on all that the series is, similar to the original. It isn't until A Link to the Past that the series reached full bloom, but I suppose we had to go through the Adventure of Link first. So I am not gonna miss a sequel to BotW, I have to see if we're this series is going from here.

Jan 10, 2018
Cyberpunk. Everything about it appeals to me.

I really liked te first Breath of the Wild but it didn't have any "wow" factor for me. Hopefully the sequel will. :)

Deleted member 10193

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpunk by far...

I put easily 300+ hours into Witcher 3 + DLC over a couple of playthroughs. I also love Deus Ex. If this is in any way similar to Witcher 3 then I am excited.

I've never been that interested in Halo. I didn't see what everyone loved about BotW and I finished it, I didn't enjoy the game mechanics or the empty world. As for TLoU Part 2 I am not interested in any of the ultra realistic violence that has been shown so far. I thought the first game ended perfectly and it didn't really need a sequel.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild 2 easily. Cyberpunk 2077 is close but when it comes to these 4 BOTW 2 takes it easily.

Oct 27, 2017
Never been much of a Zelda fan and I've been done with Halo for years now. Therefore, it's between TLoU2 and Cyberpunk. I'd probably choose TLoU2 simply because I kind of know what to expect. Cyberpunk is still a wildcard for me.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
TLOU2 because I need to find out what happens next. The ending to the first game was stuck in my mind for months.

Deleted member 35204

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Look. A BOTW's a BOTW, but Cyberpunk could be anything. It could even be a BOTW! You know how much we've wanted one of those!

Rz9YhWP.png
This is my exact reasoning, i don't care about Halo and TLOU is... lol.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Of those four I am by far the most curious about Halo:Infinite, it's the only one of those games where I feel like I don't know what I would be getting, and that's exciting.

But if I only get to play one it is Breath of the Wild 2 every day, and twice on Sundays.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
It's a really tough call for me between Cyberpunk, The Last of Us 2 and BotW 2 as they are my three most-wanted games. It's even tougher because Zelda is my favorite series but BotW 2 is the game we know the least about right now. But I think I have to go with Zelda.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
TLoU2 without blinking. ND is the best developer in the world in my opinion. They are lightyears ahead of most other developers in terms of delivering a total package that contains insane amounts of graphical detail, immersive worlds, polish, animation, smooth gameplay and storytelling and I cannot wait to see where the story of Ellie and Joel goes next. They will set new bars again just like they did with Uncharted 2, Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us.

Ocelott

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk...not playing TLOU2 hurts hard but with Cyberpunk I feel I would get more content..BoTW was trash and a mistake

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Thats a tough one. Prolly BotW2 then Cyberpunk. The other two are good but I want to play these two much more (i will be buying all 4).

Aug 13, 2019
I haven't played The Last of Us yet and I haven't touched a Halo game since Xbox, so those are out. BOTW2 is probably what I'm looking forward to most, so I gotta go with that.