• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

If you could only play one

• The Last of Us 2

Votes: 505 22.2%
  • Halo: Infinite

Votes: 155 6.8%
  • Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 984 43.2%
  • Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 634 27.8%

• Total voters

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only going to play two of those anyway and Cyberpunk is the more interesting of the two if only just so easy choice.

(the other is TLOU2)

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Dunno, BOTW 2 or Cyberpunk. Altought I haven't finished BOTW yet so maybe I could just go beat Ganon in that lol

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
BotW2 is probably the only one I'll play as it is. Maaaybe Cyberpunk too, but I haven't even played Witcher 3 yet.

Oct 25, 2017
The once that's a new IP.
I adore BotW but I played it already. There is no way the sequel can even begin to wow me as much as BotW 1 did. Don't care about Halo.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably a toss up between Zelda and The Last of Us, for me. I'm not even remotely interested in Halo and as much as Cyberpunk looks cool I do wonder how much of the hype around the game is due to its quality and how much is because Keanu Reeves is in it.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Zelda being my number 1 series, I kinda have to vote that, but I honestly think Cyberpunk 20177 is gonna be the better game. I based this on nothing of course, but I just have the feeling BotW2 is not gonna be the ambitious sequel I want it to be.

The other 2 are whatever. TLoU was okay and I expect the same only prettier with part 2. Halo Infinite...I don't even like Halo so I'm probably not even gonna play it.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077, don't really need to play any of those sequels of games I enjoyed in the past.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
The arc of posts in these topics is always interesting to me; on the surface the thread is only about asking "Which game are you most excited for?" but many users take it as an invitation to say "Which of these games do you feel the need to put down," even to the exclusion of talking about their excitement for the titles they actually anticipate

For me the answer to the thread is Breath of the Wild's sequel. Zelda games are my favorite games, full stop, and we haven't had a new iteration of Ganondorf since 2006. Really eager to see how they shake up BOTW's formula.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
If it was a desert island situation, then it would have to be one of the larger games and ideally the most varied.
It would likely be Halo or Cyberpunk

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the most interested in seeing what Nintendo does to justify a rare direct sequel.

I feel like I have a good idea what The Last of Us 2 will be - the trajectory of Uncharted 4 & The Lost Legacy would suggest TLOU with more open world elements (like a hub town, or something).

Halo Infinite will be a stepping stone towards something more interesting 6 months or a year after release.

Cyperpunk 2077, similarly I think, will end up a game calling for a sequel. I doubt it will do full justice to the ideas it has on the first attempt.

Skelatix

Oct 28, 2017
South Africa
It'll have to be be cyberpunk as I don't have any of the 3 consoles which kinda remove the other options (and not ready to wade into Windows store for a first time Halo experience)

MLH

Oct 26, 2017
We know next to nothing about BOTW2, I suppose it gives it a bit of an edge since any hype is down to speculation and imagination, but even ignoring that I love Zelda and I'm unbelievably excited to return to the world of BOTW. So it has to be Zelda!

Oct 31, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077>Halo Infinite>Last of Us 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BOTW2

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077 is mighty interesting but yeah, it's BotW 2 and not even close. Can't say I have any interest in the other two.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Although I'm excited about Cyberpunk, Breath of the Wild was a breath of fresh air (sorry for that) in a sea of tired tropes in AAA games, at least for me. It was probably the first time in a long time when I was reminded why I fell in love with the medium to begin with - it was a feeling I hadn't felt in a very, very long time.

So, easy vote for me.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't care about any of them. Halo lost me after 3, zero interest in a direct sequel to TLOU, CDPR ruined Cyberpunk by going first-person only, and unless BotW is MARKEDLY different than the first game I never want to go back to that world again.

So I guess the poll needs a "none of the above" option.

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
We haven't seen anything yet from BOTW 2 and Halo. Very little gameplay from Cyberpunk and almost none from TLOU 2. How could anyone make a choice?

If BOTW 2 turns out as good as the first then that's my choice.

Second would be Cyberpunk, I'm not a fan of TW3 but I could see myself enjoying it.

TLOU 2 would be next.

Not all that interested in the next Halo.

Last edited:

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
I went with Last of Us 2. Playing through BOTW (first ever Zelda game) now and just got my paraglider to descend of the first plateau. Really enjoying the gameplay but really do not care about the story or characters(so far). For me Last of Us was the best blend of story, character, gameplay and graphics (until God of War) and can not wait to see what happens in LOU2.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I'm probably not even going to play Cyberpunk unless I find myself bored and with some time that needs filled around it's release date.

Halo Infinite I'm intrigued by, I can take it or leave it.

But it's the closest race ever between Last of Us 2 and BotW2. Last of Us has one of my favorite narratives in gaming and I just have to see where this one goes, but Breath of the Wild is one of my favorite games to just actually play. I want them both for very different reasons.

I'm leaning harder on Last of Us 2 because I think I know what to expect out of a Breath of the Wild 2, if it's just more Breath of the Wild, I'd be okay missing it if I absolutely have to.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Halo Infinite.

I still have to finish TLOU. It is a game that I should really enjoy on paper, but I guess it doesn't help that I play it at a friend's place and he loves to talk a lot while I'm playing, which kind of ruins the immersion.
Also, it just didn't really feel as snappy as stuff like the latest Gears games, as far as TPS go.

That being said, I'm sure all four games will be great to excellent. Next year is gonna be great.

Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpunk. The Last of Us 2 would be a loss for me, but I have a feeling Cyberpunk will be the better game. I haven't played a Halo game since 3 and couldn't really care less about the series. I didn't like Breath of the Wild, so unless some serious changes are in store for Breath of the Wild 2, I'm not interested.

Nov 23, 2017
Final Fantasy VII Remake should be on this list. I'd pick that.

Otherwise, I'd go with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2.

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to say Cyberpunk, because it's the sexier answer, but went with BotW 2, because it'll be the better game.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
If Halo cuts out all of the "Enhanced Mobillity" crap and returns to a classic gameplay style then it is that by a factor of a million. I have no faith that 343i will do that so I will have to go with the series that i feel most invested after that which is The Last of Us.
This is gonna be a tough one for them as there's lot of Halo fans who love that stuff. Me included. To me, Halo 5 has the best gameplay of the entire series, hands down. They can get rid of the Spartan Charge, but I want the basics (dash, slide, clamber) to remain. It'd be open to removing sprint if they up the base movement speed though.
You're playing a Spartan after all, not some ordinary soldier. Halo 5 made me feel that way at last.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
TLOU2.

TLOU is the only single player game I'd put above BOTW, no reason for that not to continue with the sequels.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
BotW 2 easily.

I'm not even gonna try TLoU or Halo and I have no strong attachment to CD Projekt

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
- Cyberpunk is an easy pass, we know the gameplay will be mediocre.
- Halo could be cool, but I am not familiar with the series. Is it GaaS? If so then it's another easy pass.
- BOTW2 could be amazing, or it could be the same as BOTW, which I liked. I need to see more to know if it corrected the issues and will have a distinct personality.
- TLOU2... I can't think of any reason it would not be amazing.

Went with TLOU2 though I also really want to play BOTW2.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Cyberpunk 2077. It's my most anticipated game next year. Everything about it I absolutely love. Especially the setting.

Aug 28, 2019
Well, I wasn't that big a fan of BotW, have barely even played a Halo game, and CD Projekt can fuck off, so that makes this an easy win for TLoU 2. Except I don't have the right console, so I guess I won't be playing that anytime soon either.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
BotW 2 easily. I don't care about Cyberpunk, Halo lost me years ago, and while the first Last of Us is one of my favorites, I'm not convinced the sequel will live up to it.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Breath of the Wild 2 easily above the other three.

From there it because a harder decision for me. Next would probably be Halo for the multiplayer alone. Then TLOU2 for its multiplayer which was 10/10 for me, but the campaign was an 8. Then Cyberpunk because, while interesting, it might not be my particular cup of tea.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Surprised that BOTW2 is heavily favored :O ...Don't get me wrong, BOTW was absolutely amazing, but out of all of these it seems like its going to be a straight forward sequel that just builds on the greatness of the first. Whereas Halo is a soft reboot, Cyberpunk is looking/hoping to be revolutionary and Last of us part 2 looks bananas.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
If I can only play one and can't ever play/see the others then it's TLOU2 easy, just because I'm far more invested/ interested in the story and what's gonna happen.