• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5545

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a kid

They probably either want something bland with tons of cheese, boneless fried chicken, or nothing.

Just order for them and have it in mind beforehand.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yea that's a great fuckin idea, strip your child of any sense of agency early

OP
OP

Deleted member 5545

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The world is falling down around you and this is the most pertinent issue on your mind? A parent asking their child what they want to eat at a totally different table, far away from you and your business?

Check your shit, my man.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you do this, your kids will let you know they don't like it and it will turn into something you'll have to deal with one way or another. By just asking your kid what they want, you can avoid either having to send food back, or forcing your kid to eat something they don't want, or whatever.

Is being extremely time-inefficient part of giving your kids some choices

It's being time efficient because you're avoiding future bullshit drama.

blinky

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And also, what's up with people asking their kids what they want to wear? I say, potato sacks for everyone!

OP
OP

Deleted member 5545

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you do this, your kids will let you know they don't like it and it will turn into something you'll have to deal with one way or another
Who the fuck lets their kid push them around like this lmao

Don't have kids if this is how you handle it. Don't even have a dog either tbh

The world is falling down around you and this is the most pertinent issue on your mind?
You are assuming an awful lot about my priorities son

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's not being "pushed around," it's the reality that kids can and do get fussy.

I'm guessing you've never been around kids before if you don't get this. Pick and choose your fucking battles, buddy.

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
Oh god forbid those kids have the food they want for once... or form a personality of their own

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Such a shitty take. Let kids decide what they enjoy

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Is being extremely time-inefficient part of giving your kids some choices

With how much cheese the kids in this country seem to want to eat I'd believe it
Giving kids choice is part of healthy learning for them. Authoritarian parents are the worst.
Also rushing them all the time. They're not just kids they're people, screw your schedule

rasu

Dec 22, 2017
If you really care about "inefficient time" give the kid a choice of a few options, not the whole menu. For gods sakes, though, let the kid have *some* autonomy! they're not "just kids," they're young people. Somethings are more important than a few extra minutes sitting at a restaurant.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh? I let them pick and that's an important part of them learning and growing. Making decisions and learning why maybe a decision isn't the best one.

Do you even have kids OP or are do you just work in food service?

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have 2.5 children. I toss one rotisserie style chicken, four red delicious apples and four slices of American cheese into their room every day. I haven't heard any complaints since this started a few weeks ago, so I must be doing something right.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017

You are assuming an awful lot about my priorities son
I'm sorry to any current or future children you may have. This is a fucked up mindset. You are not the sole master of your child, they are their own person. You guide them, not control them.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
This topic makes more sense if you imagine he's talking about a young goat.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
My guess is OP had fly-by macaroni thrown on his phone while dining at a restaurant and is now furious.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I was for a while

Now I'm a hungry guy in a restaurant behind several tables of families who are allowed to be the center of the universe while apparently I can't be. Scoff, unbelievable.

You haven't procreated so your gene and meme will soon disappear, thus irreverent. No food for you.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I was for a while

Now I'm a hungry guy in a restaurant behind several tables of families who are allowed to be the center of the universe while apparently I can't be. Scoff, unbelievable.

Of course you're just cranky because you're hungry, no wonder this stupid thread was made.

ErLfp68.png

Aiustis

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cybertronic Purgatory
As a kid, I loved going to restaurants with adults that weren't my mom because they let me pick
My mom would always get me something from the kids menu and a Sprite
I always loved hot tea and spicy food

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was for a while

You're jealous that a big party is getting serves before you? How incredibly self centered.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting flashbacks to that user at the old site that got up in arms about people who made online Chili's orders coming in and "skipping the line".

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
We should ask a mod to change the thread title to "I want to be the center of the universe but those damn kids won't let me"