• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 7, 2018
I've always absolutely hated cheese, even as a child.
I'd been so miserable if my parents forced me to eat cheese at nice restaurants with a 1000 better options D:

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Weekend era continues to be a trip, especially because, unlike the shampoo guy, I think OP isn't making a goof

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
My 3 year old is an extremely picky eater and knows exactly what she wants, my 2 year old is pretty cool with everything but fish and my 12 year old is all about that vegan life.

Kids aren't as stupid as you think they are. Try to order for them and see how fast it backfires.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there's nothing worse than grown ass adults who hate kids and families. Like, bruh, you were a kid yourself once. Get some fucking perspective.

Jan 7, 2018
Also, menus are a thing lol
People can have their children choose before calling the waiter.
The parents are at fault here, but not for letting their children chose their food, but rather for keeping the waiter at their table.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My 3 year old is an extremely picky eater and knows exactly what she wants, my 2 year old is pretty cool with everything but fish and my 12 year old is all about that vegan life.

Kids aren't as stupid as you think they are. Try to order for them and see how fast it backfires.

I just call fish chicken and my kids will usually eat it if they dip it in ketchup.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
OP got banned for this thread lmao what a weird thing to complain about

i can't imagine how this inconveniences you in any way

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
Scene: OP at a restaurant
Time: Evening

OP is sitting at the table, patiently waiting for a waiter to come by. He feels the stale breadsticks they left him. "What terrible service" he thinks to himself, eyeing what appears to be a unit of people with little kids. The waiter stops by this table first, ignoring the OP.

Waiter: Hello welcome to Fudd Ruckers! Are you guys ready to order!

The OP watches as the family orders one by one, many of them still daring to browse through the menus. In unabated breath, the OP says, audible to himself and anyone a foot from him:

OP: Man I sure wish I got service! I don't even have kids, don't have time for that!

OP takes a crunch out of a stale breadstick, mindfully chewing at his piece. He bit the piece with the most seasoning, his favorite. He discarded the rest of the breadstick in the basket, along with the other half-bitten breadsticks. He didn't have time to finish any of them. The family is almost done ordering, and they get to the last two children.

Waiter: And what do you little dudes want to get?
Boy: Uhm. Uhhm. Uhmm.
Girl: Uhhhhhhhh I want... um I want...I want..
Father: Come on Jimmy and Jane, tell the happy man what you want
Boy: Can I, can I, can I, can I, can I...he motions to a picture in the menu. At this point OP has had enough.
OP: Speaking slightly higher- Order for your damn kid
Seemingly nobody heard him.
Girl: Can I get uhm...a burger......
OP: THIS IS A WASTE OF TIME.
Nobody heard OP despite raising his voice by 2 decimals. This was a restaurant after all.
Waiter: Take your time guys ;)
OP: THIS IS A TRAVESTY
The breadsticks trembled under the OPs time-saving argument.
Boy: Ok can I uhmm but can you uhmm Burger?
OP: FOR FUCKS SAKE
In a fit of anger OP stands up with such force that the breadstakes launch off the table. He marches over to the table with the family, his dinner ruined.
OP: ORDER FOR YOUR KIDS. STOP WASTING MY TIME. THIS IS MY TIME. MINE. YOU STUPID KIDS DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU WANT. YOU'RE STUPID. AND YOU'RE KIDS. WAITER I DEMAND YOU SERVICE ME NOW, I'M A PAYING CUSTOMER WHO KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT!!
And everyone started clapping. They stood up, and started clapping for the OP. Atleast, that's how the OP saw it as the police came and placed him in handcuffs for disturbing the peace.
Officer: You have the right to re-
OP: THE KIDS! THE KIDS WOULDN'T ORDER! IT WAS THE KIDS FAULT NOT ME! THEY'RE A TIME WASTER!
That was brilliant sir. I tip my hat to you :)

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
OP got banned for this thread lmao what a weird thing to complain about

i can't imagine how this inconveniences you in any way

And the other person banned in this thread seems like made a joke post about being antinatalists then you realize they were banned for legit suggesting child euthanasia in a different thread.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Jesus I hate kids and even I don't mind in the slightest when kids order their own food. In fact I don't think I have ever even thought about it until now.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Yeah, no.

As a kid (and to be honest, even now), I could only eat so much without my taste buds overreacting. My parents ordering for me always led to a disaster, and I'm sure they were grateful once I was old enough to tell them what I wanted.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
This is a weird thing to ban someone over ddd. I was laughing reading this entire thread.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
I am with the OP with a slight modification. What you do is you find the two things on the menu that are most likely to be what they want, and then you give the kid a choice between those two things. Also this would only be the case until they are six or seven years old, or when they are able to make pretty fast decisions and stick to it, whichever comes first.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
How dare a kid get to decide what he or she would like to eat at a restaurant, when they're often going out for a treat. How dare they!

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
Is being extremely time-inefficient part of giving your kids some choices
It is actually. A restaurant isn't a bank, you aren't there to conduct business. You're there to eat and relax. If you need to eat quick, get take out.

Edit: lmao OP got banned.

If you got time to complain on Era, you got time to wait for table's to finishing ordering.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hahahaha - OP got banned for this thread - I mean, I don't even understand how other parents letting their kids choose from the menu would even come into the realm of affecting you in any material way. Amazing. Weekend Era is Best Era.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Many Gamers are known to hate what they most resemble

cd7.gif

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Who the fuck calls it boneless fried chicken???? Also I can't imagine actually being upset others aren't in a hurry to get their food and leave. Some people like to take their time and relax when out to it you fucking dork, if that means a few extra minutes for children to choose what they want so be it.