• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I have 2.5 children. I toss one rotisserie style chicken, four red delicious apples and four slices of American cheese into their room every day. I haven't heard any complaints since this started a few weeks ago, so I must be doing something right.

I hope you don't throw the cheese at their face you cruel man.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Okay Tommy, 1 through 10. Pick a number now or youre going to bed hungry. Hurry.
Uh uh uh
I already ordered. Sorry son, maybe tomorrow.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I was for a while

Now I'm a hungry guy in a restaurant behind several tables of families who are allowed to be the center of the universe while apparently I can't be. Scoff, unbelievable.
Lol I like this better than your op. Kids often are the center of the universe though because they actually haven't learned properly the concept of other people. So they do exist in a me,me universe . But you have to teach them out of it gradually not yank them from their reality

Oct 27, 2017
Growing up I had an Aunt like this. Same thing every time at burger places which is the only place she would ever take any of us. Whatever the smallest hamburger was and well done.

Oct 30, 2017
We're living in an age where "order your kid a variety of things so they don't just get bland kids menu food" is a controversial take

The average kid is not going to venture outside grilled cheese and chicken fingers if you leave them to their own devices

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I already know what my kids will and won't eat but I still let them have some options. I'd really like them to be more food adventures but just like they mom they stick to the same food choices lol.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Just take a sack of chicken nuggets wherever you go, OP. When you find some indecisive kid at a restaurant just dump some nuggets in front of them, problem solved.

Maybe carry a canteen filled with mac 'n cheese too.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
The world is falling down around you and this is the most pertinent issue on your mind? A parent asking their child what they want to eat at a totally different table, far away from you and your business?

Check your shit, my man.
For real

Why can't you people be normal

Oct 25, 2017
P3Qd2mF.gif

OP
OP

Deleted member 5545

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 days): Antagonizing other members over a series of posts.
Just take a sack of chicken nuggets wherever you go, OP. When you find some indecisive kid at a restaurant just dump some nuggets in front of them, problem solved.

Maybe carry a canteen filled with mac 'n cheese too.
See this is where this thread should've gone and instead we've got the Battered Dads Union raining down lmao

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
No one eating with you to vent to about waiting too long to order OP? Venting here works, just comes with a payment of judgement.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
We ask our kids what they want before the server gets there and then order for them when the server arrives. Best combination of giving the kids choices and not wasting our servers' time.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Sorry dog but this topic is weird and dumb, there is no way to be helpful in this exceedingly stupid case unless a mod locks and kills this thread which is just an outlet for you to complain about not being served immediately at a restaurant

Think resetera could dominate in a pettiness olympics

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Is being extremely time-inefficient part of giving your kids some choices

As an actual parent, if you want time efficiency then you don't have children.

Giving them choices is important. If you can't understand why then it's best you;'re more worried about your own time efficiency.

BuckRogers

Apr 5, 2018
The kids choosing their own meals had no real bearing on the timing here. Have them choose early, communicate that to the server at the same time as the parents' order, problem solved.

But I don't think that's actually your problem, considering how upset you are about parents being "pushed around" by kids.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought you should just give them like, 3 choices? They still get to choose and it should be easier.

Shit my wife and I play that game ourselves trying to figure out dinner. One person picks 3 places and the other person picks one of the 3. No bullshit choices that the other hates though.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
This is how you get grown adults who older chicken tenders at nice restaurants