• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even mean that. Using your partner as a means to finance your life while you're cheating on him or her is just really scummy. I can't believe anyone can say that it's okay. Even using a word as nebulous as "TRAPPED" to describe such a situation.
Just do address this, I mentioned earlier I was in an abusive relationship I felt trapped in and yes, finances definitely played a part. Except I was the one making the most money in the house, almost double what my partner was making (because they were barely working, not because I was making a lot of money). They were also spending just about every penny we made together on things we didn't need, like expensive cigarettes and weed. 70% of my income alone just went to our apartment every month. He made just enough money that I wouldn't have been able to survive easily without his contribution, but also spent enough that I couldn't save enough money to seed a safe exit from the relationship (I tried, he even continued to spend my money even after we broke up by stealing my debit card in the middle of the night). Bring trapped in a relationship financially =/= "you're mooching off your partner" and it's a stupid thing to say, once again bringing bold assumptions and sweeping generalizations to a subject that involves a wide selection of human experiences and motivations.

Also just to give you an idea, I didn't have a family I could just run away too and I didn't have any local friends as we had relocated to the other side of the country together. All we had was each other. His personality completely changed after we relocated, I was 10 years younger than him and was extremely manipulative. And yes it was naive and yes I should've got out sooner because that would've been the "smart" thing to do. It was a physically, emotionally, and financially abusive situation and the longer it went on the more I felt like I didn't know how to get out of the situation. And to the "just go to the cops" dude, good luck trying to get the police in a conservative state to help you with your abusive homosexual relationship.

And before it gets brought up, no I never cheated but I definitely thought about it and had I been presented with an opportunity to do I can't say that I wouldn't have.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I read it. You managed to insult most of the Earth and countries outside of I assume a select few, it was quite impressive.
I didn't insult them at all. There are many countries where you can't be honest without repercussions.
But there are so many other factors.

I think most people agree that cheating in a free country in a relationship of free choice where everything is going well is considered somewhat of a crime towards the people you say you love. But there are so many other factors.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I didn't insult them at all. There are many countries where you can't be honest without repercussions.
Absolutely, and this discussion would be far different if it were about them. You have a point that this topic is too generalized to apply everywhere to the different sociopolitical norms.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Monogamy, sexual exclusivity and marriage are a farce anyway. The sooner people realize that the better. People want to have sex with other people, even in a committed relationship, so let them do it. Cheating shouldn't even be a thing.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely, and this discussion would be far different if it were about them. You have a point that this topic is too generalized to apply everywhere to the different sociopolitical norms.
EVen if this topic should somehow limit itself towards a limited number of countries (and that would be weird since this is an international forum) or types of relationships, it's still way too judgemental. Life and relationships can be way more complicated than people think.
I've never cheated and i don't think i ever will. But i have a perfectly privileged life where everything is going well.
I can also be honest all of the time.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
Cheating is bad, but I don't think it's like an insta-cancel type of offence. It's between the people in the relationship, and if you aren't these people you won't know the whole story. I didn't get what the fuss was about ProJared until the abuse and underage stuff was coming out.

Also remember that GamerGate started with "exposing" a cheater.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
EVen if this topic should somehow limit itself towards a limited number of countries (and that would be weird since this is an international forum) or types of relationships, it's still way too judgemental. Life and relationships can be way more complicated than people think.
I've never cheated and i don't think i ever will. But i have a perfectly privileged life where everything is going well.
I can also be honest all of the time.
I think this topic is specific to countries where the balance between men and women is more equalized and women aren't lawful or social properties of their husbands.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Nope.

There are grey areas in this and not black and white. While I agree, cheating is BAD, it doesn't automatically make the person who cheats a bad person.

I'm not trying to defend cheating, but anytime you talk about people in absolutes you're almost always wrong, and it comes off looking like a weak argument.
Nope. I just can't think of a situation where it's ok or even understandable. You have a plethora of options before it even gets to that point. You are actively choosing to be a piece of shit and to hurt someone, you are actively choosing to be a bad person when you do something like this when have other options. Theres no getting around being a garbage person if you do something like that.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Nope. I just can't think of a situation where it's ok or even understandable. You have a plethora of options before it even gets to that point. You are actively choosing to be a piece of shit and to hurt someone, you are actively choosing to be a bad person when you do something like this when have other options. Theres no getting around being a garbage person if you do something like that.

Scenario.

A person is in a abusive relationship, treated like shit and psychologically beaten down day after day, sometime this abusive person give you some resemblance of love, which makes you question yourself and maybe the person will change?

You are at work, someone is actually listing to what you have to say, is interested, shows affection... you start to realize that your current relationship is wrong, and you fall into the hands of this person showing that you are worth something more.

Would you call above person that is cheating a garbage person? Sure, the best solution would be to just break up, but that is where black and white thinking has it wrong, it is not that easy everytime.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I think this topic is specific to countries where the balance between men and women is more equalized and women aren't lawful or social properties of their husbands.
That's what many, like yourself have decided later on. That's why i deleted my earlier post.
But even in that case, many people have to deal with social constructions that make it near impossible to be honest. Religion is the first obvious one. But even when almost nothing is in the way of honesty there are complicated situations where people lie purely out of love.

I have seen the consequences of cheating from very close by. And it's more reason for me to never ever cheat (i'm already loyal as a dog in everything but anyway..). Why would you risk hurting your loved one, right? My father cheated on my mother twice. She literally (the correct use of the word) went crazy because she thought she was was seeing things that weren't there. She thought something weird was going on. He denied the whole time. Until he finally came clean. He was a coward the entire time. Calling her crazy for even thinking he would cheat. In my opinion he completely destroyed her for his own pleasure. I've never respected him since. It was so traumatizing for both me and my sister but especially for my mother.
However, It does show that even in the most fortunate circumstances people are terrified to be honest.
He was afraid of losing his kids, as it turned out. In the case of my father though: coward and he should have been honest before he cheated.

Some people have a sick partner that they never want to hurt or lose. I was terrible towards a man who cheated on his sick wife. Then i spoke to him about it. He loved her to death. Never wanted to leave her, never wanted to hurt her. But he missed physical intimacy with her (wasn't really possible anymore). So he visited prostitutes. Did his deed and returned home a loving man. Never told her a thing. She still doesn't know. Life can be really fucking complicated as most of you will find out at some point in your life. But for the love of everything you hold dearly, try never to hurt the ones you love. Of course cheating in a healthy relationship makes you a fucking piece of shit. You can DESTROY a person with that.

The topic right now is too broad.

Last edited:

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
The "grey areas" of cheating sound a lot like someone who commits a crime and says, "but I had a rough childhood!" Cheating by definition is a giant breach of trust. There are different levels of how shitty it is, but it's shitty no matter what. You are going to end up hurting another person real badly.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
That's what many, like yourself have decided later on. That's why i deleted my earlier post

The topic right now is too broad.
Not decided. You made me realize it. And it seems in the end we agree that the topic is too generalized to cover every circumstance, in any case.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
Scenario.
A person is in a abusive relationship, treated like shit and psychologically beaten down day after day, sometime this abusive person give you some resemblance of love, which makes you question yourself and maybe the person will change?
You are at work, someone is actually listing to what you have to say, is interested, shows affection... you start to realize that your current relationship is wrong, and you fall into the hands of this person showing that you are worth something more.
Would you call above person that is cheating a garbage person? Sure, the best solution would be to just break up, but that is where black and white thinking has it wrong, it is not that easy everytime.
Yes, you can do so many things before going to someone else. Hell, if you're in an abusive relationship your first and only concern should be getting out of that relationship and making sure you are safe, not trying to find someone who treats you like you deserve to be treated. It IS that easy every time and specifically why I said you have a plethora of options before it even gets to that point, regardless of any scenario.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
The "grey areas" of cheating sound a lot like someone who commits a crime and says, "but I had a rough childhood!" Cheating by definition is a giant breach of trust. There are different levels of how shitty it is, but it's shitty no matter what. You are going to end up hurting another person real badly.
DING MOTHERFUCKING DING

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
Cheating is bad, just not nearly as bad as manipulating minors for nudes and/or sex. Someone who preys on minors is dangerous and deserves to not be in the spotlight, but cheating? Really? It's honestly scary that people start to cancel others for relatively minor flaws of character. Aren't we supposed to be the progressive, liberal ones? Are we sure we want to police what people do in their bedrooms? What's next, will breaking up with your partner be considered emotional abuse? Do you want to go back to strict puritanism?

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Cheating is bad, but this is like trying to make a bigger deal out of murderer jaywalking to the crime scene than the murder in Jared's case

Last edited:

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
My ex was sooooooo cold in the way that she left me for another guy and I was completely heartbroken and miserable for months. But I am at least glad that she left me before anything happened with him because that would have felt worse. Kinda. Maybe. idk. The whole thing just sucked. -__-

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Cheating is bad, just not nearly as bad as manipulating minors for nudes and/or sex. Someone who preys on minors is dangerous and deserves to not be in the spotlight, but cheating? Really? It's honestly scary that people start to cancel others for relatively minor flaws of character. Aren't we supposed to be the progressive, liberal ones? Are we sure we want to police what people do in their bedrooms? What's next, will breaking up with your partner be considered emotional abuse? Do you want to go back to strict puritanism?
Well no, cheating can absolutely destroy a person. Don't think too lightly of it. Why compare it to other stuff? That makes's no sense. "Oh, you're a burglar and traumatized people in their safe place? Well, at least you're not a serial killer..."

But some of the reactions here are incredibly naieve i think. The OP should narrow some things down. Otherwise you just get a bunch of people in here pointing fingers at the entire world.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Just do address this, I mentioned earlier I was in an abusive relationship I felt trapped in and yes, finances definitely played a part. Except I was the one making the most money in the house, almost double what my partner was making (because they were barely working, not because I was making a lot of money). They were also spending just about every penny we made together on things we didn't need, like expensive cigarettes and weed. 70% of my income alone just went to our apartment every month. He made just enough money that I wouldn't have been able to survive easily without his contribution, but also spent enough that I couldn't save enough money to seed a safe exit from the relationship (I tried, he even continued to spend my money even after we broke up by stealing my debit card in the middle of the night). Bring trapped in a relationship financially =/= "you're mooching off your partner" and it's a stupid thing to say, once again bringing bold assumptions and sweeping generalizations to a subject that involves a wide selection of human experiences and motivations.

Also just to give you an idea, I didn't have a family I could just run away too and I didn't have any local friends as we had relocated to the other side of the country together. All we had was each other. His personality completely changed after we relocated, I was 10 years younger than him and was extremely manipulative. And yes it was naive and yes I should've got out sooner because that would've been the "smart" thing to do. It was a physically, emotionally, and financially abusive situation and the longer it went on the more I felt like I didn't know how to get out of the situation. And to the "just go to the cops" dude, good luck trying to get the police in a conservative state to help you with your abusive homosexual relationship.

And before it gets brought up, no I never cheated but I definitely thought about it and had I been presented with an opportunity to do I can't say that I wouldn't have.

Well, there are your kind of situation, which I would say I'm sorry to hear that, but the one I refer to is a situation where the cheating party is mooching off the money from their partner. Because yes, there are people who do that kind of thing, cheating on their partners but doesn't want to part from them because the fear of living a less comfortable lifestyle. Those kind of people are trash.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
If someone cheats in a relationship for like 1-2 weeks and then breaks up to be with the one they cheated with, it doesn't make them some evil person. It's not ideal but these things happen.

Once you've made up your mind and marry or move in together, it's something else.

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, you can do so many things before going to someone else. Hell, if you're in an abusive relationship your first and only concern should be getting out of that relationship and making sure you are safe, not trying to find someone who treats you like you deserve to be treated. It IS that easy every time and specifically why I said you have a plethora of options before it even gets to that point, regardless of any scenario.
"Abuse" is a tricky thing. It isn't just explosive episodes that clearly mark an exit point for a relationship. It can be subtle at first, and building slowly over time and gradually eroding what you allow to happen to yourself, and it can take a lot to realize that what you need to do is get away. Especially if it's partner that you care about and have emotional investment in. It doesn't always surface at the beginning either, it can go years before things take a turn and by that point you can do a LOT to tangle your life up with somebody else's such that "getting out" would involve a lot of cooperation from a now-abusive partner. Leases get signed, bank accounts get shared, kids get born, not to mention having to get a divorce if you're married. Cheating is by no means a clean option, but sometimes separation in general is just as messy.

It's not always as easy as you think it is.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
If someone cheats in a relationship for like 1-2 weeks and then breaks up to be with the one they cheated with, it doesn't make them some evil person. It's not ideal but these things happen.

Once you've made up your mind and marry or move in together, it's something else.
...if anything that actually makes them a bigger piece of shit imo. Unless you meant they were only in a relationship for 1-2 weeks before someone cheated? If you're in a relationship and someone is cheating for 2 weeks and they leave you for that person then either the cheating has been going on for WAY longer than 1-2 or the cheater is in fact a bigger piece of shit.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
"Abuse" is a tricky thing. It isn't just explosive episodes that clearly mark an exit point for a relationship. It can be subtle at first, and building slowly over time and gradually eroding what you allow to happen to yourself, and it can take a lot to realize that what you need to do is get away. Especially if it's partner that you care about and have emotional investment in. It doesn't always surface at the beginning either, it can go years before things take a turn and by that point you can do a LOT to tangle your life up with somebody else's such that "getting out" would involve a lot of cooperation from a now-abusive partner. Leases get signed, bank accounts get shared, kids get born, not to mention having to get a divorce if you're married. Cheating is by no means a clean option, but sometimes separation in general is just as messy.

It's not always as easy as you think it is.
Lmao, i'm sorry but a new person shouldn't be the thing that makes someone in an abusive relationship realize they need to get out of it. First priority should be safety, not a new relationship. Nah man.

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
Well, there are your kind of situation, which I would say I'm sorry to hear that, but the one I refer to is a situation where the cheating party is mooching off the money from their partner. Because yes, there are people who do that kind of thing, cheating on their partners but doesn't want to part from them because the fear of living a less comfortable lifestyle. Those kind of people are trash.
Would it have mattered if the situation was reversed and he was making twice as much as I was? Your post referred to people defending financial entrapment but I don't see anybody defending the specific scenario you're talking about.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
...if anything that actually makes them a bigger piece of shit imo. Unless you meant they were only in a relationship for 1-2 weeks before someone cheated? If you're in a relationship and someone is cheating for 2 weeks and they leave you for that person then either the cheating has been going on for WAY longer than 1-2 or the cheater is in fact a bigger piece of shit.

It happens all the time, and 1-2 weeks is not long if you don't live together. You might not even see each other in that period of time.

Calling everyone a piece of shit who was in some teenage "relationship" and then fell in love with someone else is crazy....

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Would it have mattered if the situation was reversed and he was making twice as much as I was? Your post referred to people defending financial entrapment but I don't see anybody defending the specific scenario you're talking about.

I saw a post in here saying something to the tune of that and my mind immediately wandered to this specific scenario I had in mind since exactly that kind of thing happened to a friend of mine recently, that's why I responded.

I guess I shouldn't generalize.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question for the people bringing up hypotheticals about abusive relationships. Is it ok to return abuse with more abuse? Because cheating can be considered a form of emotional abuse.

Also, if we are trying to avoid looking at things from a "black & white" point of view. Why do the hypotheticals presented fail to acknowledge that abusive relationships are often perpetuated both ways? It isn't always as cut and dry as one person being abusive and the other person being the victim. In these hypotheticals, the "abuser" is a person too who is complex as well. Do their flaws mean they deserve to be cheated on?

This is why "humans are complex" is such a slippery slope. At the end of the day a person has to be judged by their actions, not what led to them.

Snagret

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a post in here saying something to the tune of that and my mind immediately wandered to this specific scenario I had in mind since exactly that kind of thing happened to a friend of mine recently, that's why I responded.

I didn't mean to jump down your throat, there's just been a SHIT TON of downplaying the effects of abuse in this thread so far. I was hoping giving a personal perspective on a very real, not hypothetical scenario that people fall into every day would help some people understand but I think everybody here has already made up their minds. Like i said earlier, I think the language is limited and pooling together too many situations when the reality is far more complicated.

KMi

Dec 4, 2018
So I'm the one being "ridiculous, juvenile, naive, and insulting"? Your exact words in presenting a situation where cheating was justifiable in your eyes were:

Frankly, that's all ridiculous nonsense. Because as I've stated, you're putting your own needs ahead of your partner's. The entire point of being in a relationship is that you no longer have to think only about yourself, but the other person that agreed to be in a relationship with you. Ergo, you have to think about how your actions will affect your significant other. So that being said, whoever decides to cheat first before tackling these issues head on is a "complete twat", not me. You do not get to say cheating is okay in this instance and then ignore the fact that you have an obligation to work these issues out with your partner first. Maybe that means breaking up or staying together, or going in a completely different direction.

What you're failing to understand is that no matter how heavy the toll that comes with lack of intimacy is, it is not an excuse for you to go chase your own pleasure/intimacy behind your S.O.'s back. That's an incredibly selfish an immature action. I'm the least of the issues here, especially with the way you go through mental gymnastics to try and complicate an issue that isn't as complicated as you think.
Ok, glad there is somewhere someone like you who can judge a situation they weren't involved in and tell us all how to think. I hope the view is good from your high horse. I am just glad I am not like you and I have some empathy.

blakeseven

Apr 9, 2018
Flowchart - what. You sure you got the right person? And I've heard that maturity ploy before. It's bullshit. As is attempting to gotcha with the victim blaming. Cheating in an abusive relationship can barely even be called that when the cheater literally fears for their life. They probably aren't even really focused on finding love or excitement in the sense a cheater in an otherwise stable relationship is. So the equivalency at play is pretty disgusting to me when people try to make it out like this topic was made to malign abuse victims. It's a bad faith argument.

Or maybe they are focused on finding love or excitement? Would that make them morally repugnant humans then? There's no "equivalency" at play here - the fact of the matter is infidelity is a complex topic that can't be covered by absolute statements like "it's bad black and white no matter what ever". Real world doesn't work like this. This is not a maturity "ploy" it's literally what gaining experience and perspective in life means.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
It happens all the time, and 1-2 weeks is not long if you don't live together. You might not even see each other in that period of time.
Calling everyone a piece of shit who was in some teenage "relationship" and then fell in love with someone else is crazy....
Are we talking about teenagers now, really, kids? I'm talking about adults that don't have the excuse of being young and stupid. This whole topic has gone to hypotheticals that only support what they're trying to say, this is a joke.

blakeseven

Apr 9, 2018
I feel that what you guys are doing is the equivalent of saying not all murder is bad because some is done in self defence. Where as murder and killing in self defence are two different actions even if both end up with a dead person.

I assure anyone that says that cheating is wrong means cheating in a loving, faithful and trusting relationship. We are all understanding of fringe cases such as abusive partnerships or forced marriages. When you guys bring them up it doesn't seem like a good faith argument but rather like you're using the victims to shield cheaters by claiming that not all cheaters are on the wrong.

Imagine trying to create a moral equivalence analogy between murder and cheating.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

Nah, don't agree in the slightest.

Yes, you are correct in a black and white situation, but you now also do the assumption that, before they meet this guy at work, they know they are in a bad relationsship and that they are not at fault, which usualy isn't the case (they knowing that is).

Hence why, it is not a black and white discussion, since there are a plethora of reasons why a person is cheating. Is cheating bad in a vaccum YES, of course, is cheating, under circumstance I mentioned, bad, yes, but it is understandable and the reason for cheating is way worse then the actual cheating.

Oct 27, 2017
This thread, what a sequence of broken reality. Where cheaters are held as an example of maturity and experience and not of selfishness and betrayal. Look, you want side game, that's on you. Don't try to tone police people calling you out. Cheating is evidence of bad character. Period.

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
i've never cheated but i was cheated on, at the end of a 2 year relationship. not the longest or most mature relationship to ever exist, but i was only 18-19ish, and it was my first love, so it hurt like a motherfucker. he wasn't a bad person, and he doesn't deserve to have a black mark against his name forever, even though what he did was cruel and it hurt me deeply. there is nuance to all things. it would be childish of me to say that he is forever a shit guy with no redeemable qualities. i healed better knowing that he wasn't a bad person. if that makes sense.

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
We all do some shitty stuff to others and ourselves at certain points in our lives. Maybe someone cheated, but is a great mother or father to their kids. Or is a great friend maybe. Point is, you can't just say that because someone did a bad thing, that they are now automatically a bad person i general. If that is the case then every human is bad.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
The average person is flawed. Cheating is just one of many transgressions that a human being can commit that might make them a bad partner, but not necessarily an irredeemable piece of shit.

In general, we gotta stop trying to judge strangers based on what scant information we have about there sex life. Obviously this doesn't apply when talking about sex abuse, but infidelity... Mind your business

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
This thread, what a sequence of broken reality. Where cheaters are held as an example of maturity and experience and not of selfishness and betrayal. Look, you want side game, that's on you. Don't try to tone police people calling you out. Cheating is evidence of bad character. Period.

The thread is literally about this. Youre they one doing the tone policing. You can add "Period" to your post as much as you like, but guess what, this is a discussion. You can feel that way. Dont be surprised when others dont. Its quite bizarre how you Somehow equate acknowledging a grey area To holding up cheaters as paragons of virtue. Thats a strawman if I ever saw one.

Oct 27, 2017
Tbh I think GHOSTING is as painful as cheating.

To be ghosted feels like you are worth dog shit and nothing more.
It hurts like crazy.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Which is the point and I hope you get it, since you usually do. No one is actually defending cheating. Most of us, I know I do think it's wrong, and people shouldn't do it. I've been cheated on and it's devastating, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. However unless you are in the relationship or in the case of your personal experience close enough to the relationship we don't know. And all most of us are saying is if your not in it or close enough to the details maybe hold off on the judging since you don't know what happened.

Most of the stuff about abuse victims is from the black and white defenders refusing to accept that and taking it as their right to judge as arbiters of black and white morals, and people trying to give examples, ones I don't think are necessary because I personally don't trust someone with such black and white ideals who feels it's their place to judge anymore than I would a cheater.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
The thread is literally about this. Youre they one doing the tone policing. You can add "Period" to your post as much as you like, but guess what, this is a discussion. You can feel that way. Dont be surprised when others dont. Its quite bizarre how you Somehow equate acknowledging a grey area To holding up cheaters as paragons of virtue. Thats a strawman if I ever saw one.
People come here to point fingers, not to have a dialogue, it seems. Doesn't help that right now the topic covers the entire world. Even the people who face severe punishment for divorcing or even being honest. Thread has no use in this state. I think most people agree cheating is considered a bad and damaging thing in a free world and in an equal and volontairy relationship. That, ANd there are so many other aspect. By reading opinions you can learn and maybe prevent stuff or be lore empathic in certain situations. Should people choose to become curious.

Last edited:

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Which is the point and I hope you get it, since you usually do. No one is actually defending cheating. Most of us, I know I do think it's wrong, and people shouldn't do it. I've been cheated on and it's devastating, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. However unless you are in the relationship or in the case of your personal experience close enough to the relationship we don't know. And all most of us are saying is if your not in it or close enough to the details maybe hold off on the judging since you don't know what happened.

Most of the stuff about abuse victims is from the black and white defenders refusing to accept that and taking it as their right to judge as arbiters of black and white morals, and people trying to give examples, ones I don't think are necessary because I personally don't trust someone with such black and white ideals who feels it's their place to judge anymore than I would a cheater.
Speaking of black and white morals, I think many people in this thread are almost completely ignoring the victims of cheating—yes, victims because cheating is a scenario where there's a victim. I don't care how many hypotheticals people want to make about how shitty this victim might be.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Speaking of black and white morals, I think many people in this thread are almost completely ignoring the victims of cheating—yes, victims because cheating is a scenario where there's a victim. I don't care how many hypotheticals people want to make about how shitty this victim might be.
I think cheating is wrong, shouldn't do it, if you do you don't deserve a scarlet letter. That's in reference to the threads premise which has nothing to do with the people cheated on. As I said it's happened to me. I'm still not going to judge the cheater, which again was the premise of the thread.

Any thing else from abuse victims to the partner cheated on are actually superfluous to the thread, it all just keeps being added because those on OP's wavelength are trying to get some sort of moral victory that isn't coming and goalposts keep getting moved.

But yes to your concerns I am sure most of us tend To empathize more with the cheater than the cheatee. But same as I am not willing to brand the cheater without knowing details I am not ready to label everyone cheated on as blameless victims either. Not everyone is.