• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Yeah I get it teraflops are a legitimate unit of measurement when it comes to computational power, but all these damn threads about "my computer has 129380 flops compared to the 12 flops of the SexBox" and "If the Switch 2 doesn't have 15 flops Nintendo is dead" are pretty awful. I get flinging numbers around, and it's a way for these companies to drum up some hype but we've not seen what they're legitimately doing with these boxes yet outside of some teases and "running in realtime on [insert box here]" videos which rarely hold up come release time.

Can we all just... Wait until we have legitimate hands on with them? Or have previews of them?

STOP THE FLOP WAR

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
did you make a reaction thread on a reaction thread on unconfirmed rumors posted on the numerous next gen speculation threads

sounds like you're the one who should stop and take a deep breath

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This could've gone in the next gen thread.

But for the record, the Switch has a whopping 1TF and is currently outpacing the a console that has a device with 8 times more flops.

Power doesn't matter when it comes to sales, it just matters to enthusiasts like us.

May 9, 2018
FLOPS atleast is a more apples-to-apples comparison metric of hardware power than what's previously been used in hardware comparisons (e.g. CPU frequencies)

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
This is very likely gonna be locked but don't forget its all just people wasting time and having their fun.

Even if they were the same except for usb ports we'd all be arguing about it.

Its only when you try put others down or are an asshole about it that you should be told to gtfo.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
We don't have much information to have discussions on except for there are consoles that come this year and these are the confirmed/rumored specs. Are we just not supposed to discuss the new consoles at all on this video game forum till we have previews or played them ourselves?

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I say we start talking about a different type of flop from now on
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Discussion of bits and flops and teraflops has been around since the earliest consoles, and it's not going away anytime soon. One of the things I love about video games is the combination of technology and the artistry of game making.

Status
Not open for further replies.