• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you read quote to reveal text?

• Yes I do.

Votes: 15 4.5%
  • No it's a waste.

Votes: 321 95.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's way too time consuming and complicated to try and read what turns out to be the meaningless drivel most people put in those quote tags. Quit abusing it for dumb comments that could easily go in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler tags are super easy to read especially on mobile compared to the quote to see function.

Queue a thread full of meaningless drivel hidden behind quote to see tags.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
I think the admine need to step up and actually disable this feature.

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's used to hide information from non-members.
WE
NEED
TO
GO
DEEPER

Last edited:

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
This isn't

even
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Edit: fuckin beaten. Whatever.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
it would be nice if we just had the whole text-blackouts thing

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
sub-buzz-19114-1514490060-1.png

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
The spoiler button works better though, especially for those that are constantly highlighting text.
I think the blackouts worked better. sometimes when people write out their posts they are able to express a complete thought in lines while putting spoilers in black. the spoiler button kinda breaks that flow.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah I hope nobody who uses quote to reveal text actually expects people to read their text, because I certainly don't.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
i've definitely accidentally hidden things I meant to put within spoiler tags because my brain feels like "hiding text" should refer to what spoiler tags do and sometimes i forget. i guess i never made use of other forums' analogous tags so it's easy to forget quote-to-see-text options are a thing anyone would ever need in any circumstance.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder why people get such a kick out of coming here and doing exactly what the OP said annoys him, and apparently for no other reason other than to be annoying

isn't that a form of trolling

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why people get such a kick out of coming here and doing exactly what the OP said annoys him, and apparently for no other reason other than to be annoying

isn't that a form of trolling
I wouldn't call it trolling. That's just playful human nature. Someone says "don't do this" then other people go "teehee" and do it. Especially since this isn't that big a deal, we're talking spoiler/quote ethics on a forum here.

In other news, this thread got me actually checking out the post UI, and I never knew we could have text color! :O

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't call it trolling. That's just playful human nature. Someone says "don't do this" then other people go "teehee" and do it. Especially since this isn't that big a deal, we're talking spoiler/quote ethics on a forum here.

In other news, this thread got me actually checking out the post UI, and I never knew we could have text color! :O
fair enough. i wasn't sure if it falls under trolling, that's why I posed it as a question. but at the same time though, it doesn't really add to the discussion of spoiler/quote ethics. they're just posts filling up the page

edit: basically i'm saying it is immature

that shade of green looks good on the dark forum skin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.