• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the most frustrating things for me is having to play the same map a second time or more in a row. It's a frequent occurrence in COD. I'm playing CODBO3 right now and I played Combine and Nuketown back-to-back two times each. I hate that. I'd much rather break up the monotony with less ideal maps.

Let me also say that Nuketown fucking sucks. Thank you.

Edit: I noticed that while I enjoy the gameplay of Call of Duty Remastered, there are only two or three maps I enjoy in that game. Most of its maps are basura, so breaking up the monotony for a new map in the next match doesn't help much. :p

Last edited:

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I just want to play Office when everyone is voting for Dust_2.

While we are at it, EVERY map needs a mirror map. I bet they'll be just as fun (if not more fun) as the regular map. Mirror maps add more maps without creating new ones.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Look man, some maps are bad. Gotta avoid the bad ones. I aint playing on no fucking Poke-Floats

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
i don't care if people want to play nuketown, it's more the game gives me no chance to leave the lobby after the vote if I don't unless I want a loss for the next match.

Liethe

Nov 19, 2017
I'm inclined to agree but right now I'm playing Gundam Battle Operation 2, and in that game the maps rotate randomly for 2 hours at a time... suddenly I really wish we could at least vote cause it REALLY sucks when fucking Ruined City is there for 4 hours straight.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Halo 3 was the best version of this. The only map you could vote on was a simple Yes/No, and if it was voted down you were stuck with whatever random map you got next. Meant that you'd play the popular maps more often, but still get the weirder ones from time to time.

Everything since has been a bad downgrade IMO.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I agree this is annoying as all fuck.

People ride the popular maps way too fuckin" hard.

Ps. Yup Nuketown is fuckin' overrated. Got annoying as shit playing that multiple times in a row in BO2 or basically any COD game it showed up.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Freaking hate it myself but come on now, you know them dudes who do this ain't in resetera by any means. lol I will never get why people do it thou omg. I've logged on to black ops on pc for example to find out there is like literally no one playing varied maps and the only thing always full is nuketown 24/7 like what in the world. I don't get the freaking point of it all.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
This brings back memories of Counter Strike 1.6 and beta days for me.

Time to vote map. Every server. Every vote. de_dust or de_dust2 or cs_office.

Man, there were so many awesome maps that they shipped that were often not played. Probably in-hindsight balance issues, but were just atmospherically awesome and different than the same old. de_vegas, de_prodigy, cs_mansion to name a few

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I remember in Black Ops 3 you could play the same map over and over again. It was fun playing the map with the barn and train tracks and dominate the other team until they left the lobby.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
yeah but then you get 24/7 Caspian Border and it's like hey maybe this whole same map thing isn't half bad.

papertowel

Nov 6, 2017
Halo 3 did it right where players can veto the first map/gametype but then was stuck with whatever the system generated after. Voting just means the same fucking 2 maps get voted on again and again

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of funny because 2fort is objectively terrible TF2 for a dozen reasons.

I just wish people would vote up maps that aren't Upward or Harvest. Those seem to be the pub mainstays.

Oh I hate 2fort, but then again I haven't played TF2 in at least 5 years. I seem to remember playing a lot on Gravel Pit, Dustbowl, and Badlands.
My buddies gf would play 24/7 until 5am, and it's still funny to give her a little stick for it everyone once in a while.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It's a shame that I should suffer because 11 people want to play a map that I don't want to. It's only fair that those 11 suffer instead to my benefit.