• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Here's a hot take.
I fucking hate dust2 and office and it crushes my soul everytime militia fails the vote

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Sometimes I think these systems should just fuck everyone over and randomly decide to go against the vote, but give everybody double XP for the match as a reward. Wonder if people would stay for that.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Playing a fighting game online:

Training Stage
Training Stage
Training Stage
Training Stage
Training Stage
Training Stage
Training Stage
Training Stage
Training Stage

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Gridlock, Canals, Fuel Depot, Mansion
Lockout, Zanzibar, Sanctuary, Ivory Tower, Beaver Creek,
Vacant, Overgrown, Crash and Nuketown
until I die!

Would be cool to see games take a Halo MCC approach and maybe have the ability to filter maps they don't want. Or just browse open games like Gears 5 and Halo 5.

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
Bring back map voting. Halo is the worst offender, obscure niche af maps every time.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Screw both voting and rotation imo. Give me single map servers so I can pick and choose what I want to play. If I want to play another map I'll pick something else myself.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Freaking hate it myself but come on now, you know them dudes who do this ain't in resetera by any means. lol I will never get why people do it thou omg. I've logged on to black ops on pc for example to find out there is like literally no one playing varied maps and the only thing always full is nuketown 24/7 like what in the world. I don't get the freaking point of it all.
Obviously I don't expect the people I'm in matches with to be here (maybe). I'm just speaking to the general tendency for people to do this.

It's a shame that I should suffer because 11 people want to play a map that I don't want to. It's only fair that those 11 suffer instead to my benefit.

Okay weirdo with the "suffering" over here.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
OP, combine is the greatest multiplayer map ever created. Literal perfection. I miss the old days when a glitch meant that map was in constant rotation. Levelled up so quickly thanks to it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP, combine is the greatest multiplayer map ever created. Literal perfection. I miss the old days when a glitch meant that map was in constant rotation. Levelled up so quickly thanks to it.
That's another thing - way too much care about leveling up in these games. Call of Duty has the most superficial leveling in any game I've played. Shit is literally pointless once you get to 55 (BO3) the first time because then you have everything unlocked. A perpetual state of the same maps over and over just to level up to the same spot via prestige over and over. It's maddening! hahahaha

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry, can't hear you over Nuketown for the 5th time in a row.

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Games should just let you pick what maps you want to play on before you queue. At least then you have a choice and don't get stuck playing something you hate.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say though, it's satisfying when people refuse to change maps and I manage to kick their asses a second or third time in the same ones. I have to imagine some people vote for the same map to also redeem themselves.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
That's another thing - way too much care about leveling up in these games. Call of Duty has the most superficial leveling in any game I've played. Shit is literally pointless once you get to 55 (BO3) the first time because then you have everything unlocked. A perpetual state of the same maps over and over just to level up to the same spot via prestige over and over. It's maddening! hahahaha
Always gotta be working towards something!

I hit prestige 8 in BO3. By far the highest i ever hit in any cod. Loved that game. And seriously, Combine is the GOAT in my opinion. Wish they could bring it back but its so heavily revolves around wall running.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone always picks the same damn courses in Mario Kart, it pisses me off! Thank God Mario Kart 8 randomly rotates 3 selections for voting and a random vote as well, which is randomly selected by a roulette instead of by majority.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Always gotta be working towards something!

I hit prestige 8 in BO3. By far the highest i ever hit in any cod. Loved that game. And seriously, Combine is the GOAT in my opinion. Wish they could bring it back but its so heavily revolves around wall running.
I'm at the highest prestige level 688, but that's because I played so much for years, I figured why not just prestige every time. But never did I care about accumulating as many points as possible per match just to level up. That was never my thing and I never voted for the maps that provided easy points explicitly for that.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm taking the piss out of you for creating a topic about people in MP games selecting the maps they want to play.
I figured as much. I was also joking.
But really playing the same maps over and over isn't ideal. Monotony sucks. I have favorite maps as well but I don't always choose them if I've played them recently.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I figured as much. I was also joking.
But really playing the same maps over and over isn't ideal. Monotony sucks. I have favorite maps as well but I don't always choose them if I've played them recently.
I agree with you, actually. However, the lobby is in disagreement and is not only ok with monotony but is actively voting for that monotony. To the lobby, playing the same map over and over IS ideal, and I'm just here to play so I guess Nuketown it is.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I dislike map voting and I also dislike map weighting. Just give me variety.

Also, while we are it... If you played on map X, then please disable that map X for like 2 or 3 matches. Most games have more than enough maps and players to support this and if they don't then tweak the setting.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
The issue is not map voting, the issue is that your average Cod player likes terrible meat grinder maps.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Precisely why I hate matchmaking. Give me ranked lobbies so if I want to play the same match type on the same map over and over again, I'm not beholden to a vote. And when I want to, I'm especially not beholden to a vote.

Nothing worse than being stuck in the same map and match type for three rounds, you exit back to the lobby to try and find another game, and either end up back in the same one, or in another similar loop on the same exact goddamn map.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
How in the world is it possible to hate Nuketown????

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I've played several other non-COD games in my day. This is not exclusive to COD.
Well my point isn't exactly unique to Cod. I don't mind dodging bad maps and mostly playing the good ones. The problems start when the player base causes the exact opposite.

But if the variety itself is an issue for you, I get it.
How in the world is it possible to hate Nuketown????
It's a terrible map. It's like metro in Battlefield. People just want to throw themselves into a meat grinder.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Games shouldn't have voting for maps. The majority of players have shitty taste that's not to be trusted.

Oct 27, 2017
One of the most frustrating things for me is having to play the same map a second time or more in a row. It's a frequent occurrence in COD. I'm playing CODBO3 right now and I played Combine and Nuketown back-to-back two times each. I hate that. I'd much rather break up the monotony with less ideal maps.

Let me also say that Nuketown fucking sucks. Thank you.

Edit: I noticed that while I enjoy the gameplay of Call of Duty Remastered, there are only two or three maps I enjoy in that game. Most of its maps are basura, so breaking up the monotony for a new map in the next match doesn't help much. :p
You oughta be slapped for saying only a few maps are good in cod 4.