• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Cheating on Chie with Rise in Persona 4 Golden, then having to reject Chie on Valentine's Day. Ouch.
Getting Tali killed in Mass Effect 2 because I couldn't keep her loyalty despite my renegade being almost 100%
Dark side playthrough in KOTOR. You massacre your teammates in front of the Ebon Hawk.

I regretted nothing. DS for life :D

Though Carth deciding to throw himself on Revan's lightsaber was...odd.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Its so obvious not to do that to this day i will never understand people who say it was the games fault. I know i read all the books but im pretty sure you didnt need to do that to not treat ciri lile ass

I mean, if i remember one was the thing with
the money with the emperor
holy shit, i mean you deserve to lose her if you actually chose the shitty option there.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if i remember one was the thing with
the money with the emperor
holy shit, i mean you deserve to lose her if you actually chose the shitty option there.
Yup. I kmow people that chose that and then wonder why they fucking lost ciri.
The snowball figjt is also pretty obvious and people are like, nah lets not play with her

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Killing Nikolaos.

It was so incredibly satisfying at first. Probably one of my favorite moments in any video game ever. But as the game went on, and I learned more about the situation that led to that, as well as the cultural pressure that surrounded it, I started to feel like crap about it. And the game goes on for a long, long time after that, so I had plenty of time to feel like crap.
I did the same and had zero regrets.
Motherfucker tried to kill his own kids, I don't care about his cultural pressure, he can fuck right off!
Telling Laurentius where I got those nifty chaos pyromancy spells in Dark Souls. :(
Oh yes, that one is a bummer, I always make sure to not tell him in subsequent playthroughs.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I did the same and had zero regrets.
Motherfucker tried to kill his own kids, I don't care about his cultural pressure, he can fuck right off!

Oh yes, that one is a bummer, I always make sure to not tell him in subsequent playthroughs.

Isn't it? Normally you would assume that thing would open up more powerful things for you to learn, just thinking in RPG logic, and then you remember it's FROM and there are no Happy Endings. >.<

ChristianH94

Apr 14, 2019
How so? I kind of have the same feeling but am wondering what your thoughts are.
Because in my eyes it's taking pacifism but is using little mini game systems based off of combat to go about doing it. Combat from a gameplay perspective is still largely there, just completely hidden from a narrative perspective; it's like you don't literally "attack" your opponent anymore but you still largely do the same thing but in this case by playing a bit of a schmup minigame and hitting the spare button which is really the just about the same thing as doing a combat run which even though the narrative changes I think really makes it miss the point.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
But suffice it to say, making that choice destroyed me. It's so wrong. I literally had to stop and ponder if I could even go through with it because it's just so unconscionable, even in a game. But I led the character there, and had to see it through.

...Gods, I love Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle.
Man, my style was always to choose the "good" option on a first playthrough and I associate lawful with good.

Stuff like this and SMT going overtime to reverse that association. Lawful is a dirty word.

I think the really hard hitting branching path in Law route was

Deciding what to answer your sister when she's having a nervous breakdown. If you put her over the cause, then that overturned so much of what Denam was fighting for, and he was too far along not to see his conquest to the end. I answered how I thought he would at the time =/
I was so self absorbed I just resented that I was getting blamed. Didn't think of it from her perspective and felt bewildered that she took it so badly.

... this wasn't my fault! Why are you accusing me!

On topic, Virtue's Last Reward was a clunky, less intense follow up to 999 but I still felt like a dick whenever I hit the Betray button. The game had some surprising plot developments that twisted hitting the Betray knife harder too.

Last edited:

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I harvested, like, 80% of the Little Sisters in Bioshock 1. Did I regret it? Yeah, a little. Thought you got more ADAM that way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Whatever that decision was in The Witcher 3 I made that forced me to fight and ultimately kill Keira Metz.

Bummed me out. Almost save-scummed, but I rolled with it and lived with the consequences.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
The obvious "this is a bad ending" choice in Ar nosurge near the end of the game where:

You choose to stay with Shurelia and leave everyone behind. Since at that point in the game the "player" is technically in control of Delta's decisions to an extent, which makes what happens even worse since Cass trusted you.

It's obvious that it's a bad ending when you have the choice to choose it, and the game makes you feel like an asshole for doing it because of a specific emotional scene that involved Cass earlier prior to this and everyone giving the look of disapproval.

And then after feeling like crap watching it play out, you get a trophy. I swear I remember the trophy actually calling out if it was worth it to get it in the first place.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting the orphans killed during the Bloody Baron quest.

Also got Grunt and Tali killed because I had Grunt lead the distraction team thinking i needed to pick a tank chatacter in ME2.

Reloaded that save lol.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, in Vampyr, I made two choices I kinda regretted in my first playthrough:

- I hypnotized Dorothy Crane, which I thought was a good middle-of-road choice... lol no. It ultimately caused her to turn into a skal and caused multiple victims. Oops.
- I spared McCullum instead of turning him because it felt too mean-spirited to do the latter. But I decided turn him in my second playthrough and holy shit, it's such a good fucking scene, I had chills.

I did the same mistakes too! I loved the game too much but I do not see myself replaying it for a long time. After the first mistake I ended up reading beforehand the possible outcomes so I wouldn't get locked out of stuff.

I guess for me I only regret because I get lackluster endings out of my choices. Life is Strange
saving Cloe
and Walking Dead Season 2
letting Kenny die as I was tired of his bullshit

Last edited:

Cyn

Oct 31, 2017
Witcher 3

I should have supported her more in what she wanted to do instead of trying to protect her or teach her. I didn't get the bad ending, but I don't think I got the good one and that's 120 hours to replay to sort it out...