• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

Price is 2500 yen or $20 in the US.

There's content planned from launch to August:
商品情報 | 牧場物語 オリーブタウンと希望の大地|Nintendo Switch™ (bokumono.com)

link to see some of the earlier costumes:

Launch:
Pete, Claire, Yuto, Naomi, Henry, and Holly costumes for your avatar

March:
-Pet costumes for your avatar and the marriage candidates
-Mini Scenario including quests and detective costumes for your avatars

April:
-Candidate pack that includes locations, residents, and love candidates from Harvest Moon A New Beginning
img_4_%20silhouette.png

May:
-School costume pack for your avatar and marriage candidates

June:
-Candidate pack that includes locations, residents, and love candidates from Story of Seasons

img_6_%20silhouette.png

July:
-Yukata costume pack for your avatar and marriage candidates
-Mini Scenario including quests

August:
-Candidate pack that includes locations, residents, and love candidates from Story of Seasons Trio of Towns
img_8_%20silhouette.png

In the west the content will release a month behind until June where the schedules will line up

A New Beginning retuning marriage candidates:
Neil

Felicity

Story of Seasons retuning marriage candidates:

Raeger

Iris

Trio of Towns retuning marriage candidates:

Ludus

latest

Lisette

Remember that Pioneers of Olive Town allows for gay marriage, which is a first for these returning characters.

Last edited:

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
There goes the dream of DLC adding Beth as a marriage candidate. I wondered what was up with that bonus costume based on Felicity's outfit before, cool to have her back but it's a shame they didn't go for Inari for Trio of Towns representation.

Deleted member 4434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was scoffing at this until I saw Raeger lmao. Still on the fence about this though, I didn't even get nearly enough hours into SoS: FoMT yet.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds fine to me. But this makes it easier to skip buying it at launch and waiting it out.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
No Karen? I SLEEP

And yes I know they already released a remake with Karen in it, but I still require more Karen.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Oh shit, that's Neil from A New Beginning returning in the April pack? I always tell my sisters that he was my favorite to such an extent that he ruined other Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons bachelors and bachelorettes for me because none are as good as him. Now they've got my attention with Pioneers of Olive Town lmao.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"A New Beginning characters!"

Oh hey, maybe Yuri will come back. That could at least somewhat make up for making a character as cute as Beth not a candidate in the base game.

"
img_4_%20silhouette.png
"

tenor.gif

Still, the new events sound fun. Detective time in Bokumono.

No Karen? I SLEEP

And yes I know they already released a remake with Karen in it, but I still require more Karen.

The fact the candidates are all from the three most recent mainline games is pretty disappointing in general. It'd've been cooler if they spread it out with characters from throughout the series and maybe even included the original 64 designs of characters like Karen or characters that were never marriage candidates to begin with like Eileen or the GBC2 and GBC3 casts. It's the 25th Anniversary after all!

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
How significant might the "locations" actually end up being? I haven't played since A New Beginning so I'm not sure what to expect.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god that's genius! But no Back to Nature... R.I.P. Still! Really happy that this is even a thing, it's such a fun way to add content.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god that's genius! But no Back to Nature... R.I.P. Still! Really happy that this is even a thing, it's such a fun way to add content.

Gotta save it for Season Pass 2 so you can get the people who haven't played in a while to spend more money.

Edit: Which is fine. DLC is exactly the place where "here's some characters from old games!" should go and supporting niche DLC is important to keep bringing those games over. Plus this DLC sounds quite nice in general.

OP
OP
Sandfox

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
We just got games with the classic candidates, so they probably wanted to focus on newer ones. Based on what they said we will probably see more remakes as well, which probably makes them less likely to use those some of the older candidates. We'll see what happens after this pass I guess.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
huh i wonder how much writing content will be included with the new townspeople? Like even if I don't necessarily want to marry them it's cool just to get more and more townspeople

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Sounds cool and all but this will probably just get me to wait until all the content is out before I'd want to buy the game. I typically don't do multiple playthroughs of this kind of game.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds cool and all but this will probably just get me to wait until all the content is out before I'd want to buy the game. I typically don't do multiple playthroughs of this kind of game.

Yeah. I was actually considering getting it, though Monster Hunter and such were already making it close. But this also puts it closer and closer to Rune Factory 5.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Was REALLY hoping for FoMT Elli/Elly or even Renee but I guess Iris will have to do.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
in the us at least, both amazon and gamestop have the standard edition of this game listed at $50
so $70 for the game and expansion doesn't sound that bad to me

Oct 28, 2017
The DLC packs look great to me. I'm extremely interested in this content and extending the lifespan of the game and adding value to replays. The one thing I'm most worried about is if I will like the base game. Hikaru Nakano has directed two 牧場物語 games between Doraemon Story of Seasons and the remake of Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town now and I wasn't very happy with how they played. Hopefully third time's the charm, otherwise I'll probably end up dropping the series.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lol finally dlc that I'd be really tempted to get. Will probably pick up when I pick up the game, but won't do that until later in in the year.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I loved Ludus in ToT. I hope these DLC characters are going to have as much effort put into them as the base game characters and also not be mostly copy and pasted from their original game, but I'm a bit skeptical until these actually start releasing.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Same. It just encourages people to wait for all the content or their preferred character to show up instead of buying the game sooner and playing with what they have. I'm not sure if I want this yet, but luckily I'm interested in one of the new candidates that I don't need the DLC. Hopefully the base game content is packed with enough features and dialogue.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
We just got games with the classic candidates, so they probably wanted to focus on newer ones. Based on what they said we will probably see more remakes as well, which probably makes them less likely to use those some of the older candidates. We'll see what happens after this pass I guess.

I haven't played the games in a long time, which ones have had the classic characters?

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Same. It just encourages people to wait for all the content or their preferred character to show up instead of buying the game sooner and playing with what they have. I'm not sure if I want this yet, but luckily I'm interested in one of the new candidates that I don't need the DLC. Hopefully the base game content is packed with enough features and dialogue.

Fortunately, the game is already looking pretty packed with content so this is mostly just an extra cherry on top. There's already ten candidates and over 200 events confirmed for the base game. Personally, none of the returning characters are ones I care for at all so I have no qualm with just going ahead and playing rather than wait.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Raeger 😍 I wasn't liking the look of a lot of the new candidates so I was kind of whatever on this instalment (and I'm only digging into FoMT, so I wouldn't get this for a while anyway). But adding Raeger makes it better and means I'll get this eventually lol.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in seeing how expansive the new locations are before I buy, but this is really cool.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I'm curious to see exactly how much content the new storylines and areas bring. I'm not expecting massive map expansions, but I'm hoping for more than one or two screens in size.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I kind of regret not getting the physical version with the cow plushie for Friends of Mineral town. Very tempted to pick up the premium version this time around to get everything.

Edit: Ah the premium version doesn't include the expansion pass.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
Story of Seasons Friends of Mineral Town. It's a remake of the old GBA game.

I see, thank you. Maybe I should pick up one of the newer ones, when I was a kid the SNES, N64, and PS1 games were some of my favorites. Something about the art in the newer games is really off-putting to me, like this very...pastel? The first few games had a more earth-tone look (which SDV used as well).

OP
OP
Sandfox

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I see, thank you. Maybe I should pick up one of the newer ones, when I was a kid the SNES, N64, and PS1 games were some of my favorites. Something about the art in the newer games is really off-putting to me, like this very...pastel? The first few games had a more earth-tone look (which SDV used as well).
This new game is looking like it will be one of the best in the series.