• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Ah. So you're in Orange County. I currently don't know anyone there that can help you unfortunately :/

Do you have money for a hotel?

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
Santa Ana is not LA....also, it's not a safe place to be stranded on the streets at night. Do you have money for a motel room?

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
Go to a 24 hour fast food restaurant, stick it out for the night and wait til transit opens up tomorrow morning

Oct 25, 2017
Go to the Discovery Cube and recite Optimus Prime's opening monologue to TF1 until daylight

Ummm go hang at the airport and find a flight home
Or go hang in a 24 hour ihop or something and eat an ungodly amount of pancakes
or find a cheap motel there are a couple for ~$70 a night
I mean what's your goal here when/how are you going back home and how many nights between now and then

Last edited:

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
John Wayne Airport, if you can't afford a hotel and just need somewhere indoors for the night?
This. If you're in Santa Ana, John Wayne has to be within like 5 or 6 miles. If you can't find a way out by this time tomorrow, I might be able to help out somehow. You've just got to promise not to kill me or take my stuff.

rhindle

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of cheap motels in the area OP. I can find the closest one for you if you PM me your location.

Or if you're planning to fly home, just Uber/Lyft to John Wayne and hang out there for however long.

Oct 7, 2018
USA
Woah guys let's chill on the get off the street immediately stuff.

Santa Ana is not some wasteland of death,in 2011 it was named the 4th safest city with 250k or higher population so I think you will be just fine by simply acting confident.

I like the idea of just finding a 24-hour diner or McDonald's or something and hanging out there to figure out your plan.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Do you not have a credit card at least? Couldn't you just stay in a McDonald's for the night then get a single room Airbnb for a couple days?

Just found a super host shared room for $20/night.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Shit, been a while since I've been in Santa Ana... if there's a Denny's nearby (like across the street?) or something go there to get inside somewhere, a lot of them are open 24/7. Then you can figure out transport to John Wayne Airport.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Woah guys let's chill on the get off the street immediately stuff.

Santa Ana is not some wasteland of death,in 2011 it was named the 4th safest city with 250k or higher population so I think you will be just fine by simply acting confident.

I like the idea of just finding a 24-hour diner or McDonald's or something and hanging out there to figure out your plan.

But he can't sleep at the diner, he can sleep at the airport 🤷‍♂️

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If nothing works out in terms of places to stay tonight, OP, I can help.

My couch is free and as long as you promise not to steal my or my roommate's stuff or murder us, it's yours if you need it.

Oct 7, 2018
USA
I guess I was thinking more in the short-term the guy seems kind of shell-shocked and despondent at the moment so I thought maybe just finding a place to go chill sit down grab a bite to eat and gather his thoughts might be his best bet

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Santa Ana at the moment. I can give you a ride to the airport or a 24 hour place unless you have alot of luggage since my small car is full of laundry and stuff for my business.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to pitch in for some sort of Uber gift card so you can at least get somewhere?

Oct 7, 2018
USA
Oops I just saw that the op is female that does make it a little bit more sketchy sorry for assuming you were male.. I would just go to the airport or hook up with one of the offers from a board member

lake

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get to the airport first, at minimum you can recharge your devices and sleep on a chair inside until your regular flight happens while you try to get it moved up

Oct 7, 2018
USA
Yeah unless you are up for some adventure and some potential new real life board buddies then by far your best bet is to go to your departing airport and attempt to move your flight up which shouldn't be that much of a hassle to get done.