• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
GJ for stepping up for someone that needed help Infinitebento and torre_avenue :)

Life does throw some shitty curveballs sometimes, personally you should keep at least a way of accessing a few days of emergency funds if you're travelling but I realize that's not an option for everyone.

AwwBubbles

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
Introverted me would probably just sleep at the airport instead of asking for help.
Good for you, op.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Considering all shitty news last couple of days, this is a nice little gem of a story with people helping out eachother. Nice job people! And OP glad to hear you're ok! Granted I don't know the full story about why your friend stranded you like that, I mean they should brought you with them regardless emergency they had to attend to. You should reevaluate that friendship and replace them with torre_avenue and Titik instead.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I just happen to be in the area and was about to leave my parent's house. It was no biggie.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Aye good thread. torre a real one.

Not really, no. What little money i have has to go towards an uber to get me all the way to LAX :/

I don't know where exactly in Santa Ana you are but you should be able to take the Metrolink to Union Station and catch a Flyaway bus to LAX. Should take about 2 hours and run you about $20 which is a lot cheaper than Uber

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Aye good thread. torre a real one.

I don't know where exactly in Santa Ana you are but you should be able to take the Metrolink to Union Station and catch a Flyaway bus to LAX. Should take about 2 hours and run you about $20 which is a lot cheaper than Uber

this. la public transit isn't great but if you can figure it out, its going to be a lot cheaper than taking an uber or taxi from santa ana to lax

Feb 10, 2018
i'm heading to bed, but if you send me a paypal or apple pay info i can cover a lunch Infinitebento

i'm talking about pressuring torre who is already infinitely more helpful than you or i. let them help in whatever way they can comfortably.

Torre will be under the pressure if infinitebento asks torre anyway, at least if torre sees these questions on here he has time to think about it.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Well I disagree. In my experience of similar situations it's not been the case, people I've let stay with me have asked me for money and it's not a problem at all, it's only a question, nothing wrong with communication if the person is not rude and accepts your answer.

Yes but a stranger on the internet publicly tagging you to ask you to give money to OP is not the same as OP asking you in person/privately.

OP
OP
infinitebento

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Its all a lot to process

I never saw this coming. Im pretty fucking bummed about it but its deepened my love for the community on here. Everyone helping me literally minutes later after it happened and me now at least safely having a roof over my head in a state ive never been in is 2much.

I adore most of you šŸ˜­

This vacation fukkin sux