• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Well I disagree. In my experience of similar situations it's not been the case, people I've let stay with me have asked me for money and it's not a problem at all, it's only a question, nothing wrong with communication if the person is not rude and accepts your answer.
Then let them be the one to ask the question for whatever amount of help they feel comfortable enough to ask for privately. It's extremely rude and assuming of you to put forward a sensitive question on behalf of someone already going out of their way to help someone out.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Goddamnit Bento, stop getting yourself into shenanigans ;_; Also, be sure to inform me whenever you plan coming to Germany, so I can make sure to have a day off for general help and life saving.

If peeps can send a few bucks your way so you'll be covered, let us know. Here's hoping that "holiday" can be saved somehow >.<

Feb 10, 2018
Then let them be the one to ask the question for whatever amount of help they feel comfortable enough to ask for privately. It's extremely rude and assuming of you to put forward a sensitive question on behalf of someone already going out of their way to help someone out.

Extremely rude? I suggested asking for $20 or a lift to LAX not to move in with him.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Extremely rude? I suggested asking for $20 or a lift to LAX not to move in with him.
Dude, let it go. You're being a prick. Throwing up offers of money on behalf of another person, especially one who's already helping, is fucking presumptuous. The amount isn't the issue.

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty great outcome. I've known of the OP since Cooking-GAF days when she was in culinary school. Good stuff. Great job torre_avenue and Titik

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You done good, ERA.

But that's kind of expected after everyone helped Talal punch cancer in the nuts.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Man, you guys are great. Few things are scarier than being stranded thousands of miles from home with nowhere to stay

If you're stranded in Boston some day hmu

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
So OP's friend took OP to see if her boyfriend is alive and when it turns out he did, they took OP's money and kicked her out? ff this is true I have no word for these friends.

Do you have paypal OP? I live halfway around the world but I can send some help.

Feb 10, 2018
Dude, let it go. You're being a prick. Throwing up offers of money on behalf of another person, especially one who's already helping, is fucking presumptuous. The amount isn't the issue.

No need to speak to me using that language.
And I didn't throw up offers of money on behalf of another person so please don't lie about what I said.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell, some of you all live for threadbackfires/interrogating OPs. I've seen Catholic church pastors less judgemental than this.

Glad it worked out infinitebento.

Feb 10, 2018
This is one of those everyone else is wrong, not me, situations isn't it?

OP happy to throw 20 your way via venmo or PayPal or something. PM me

All I did was suggest if she wants to infinite could ask torre for a lift to LAX or some money for food.
I never said that torre has to do this or has any pressure to.

At first I asked infinite if friends or family could send her money, but that was not possible.

And people are saying I'm speaking on behalf of people which is flat out not true.

I can see now that even the suggestion might put some pressure on torre, but some people in this thread are being way over dramatic about what suggested and making it more of a problem then it actually is.

Anyway I'm glad Infinitebento is in a better situation then she was.

Iceman

Oct 26, 2017
Alhambra, CA
I usually have some flexibilty but i'm slammed over the next couple days. However I could probably provide transportation on wednesday. (I just have to end up in santa monica for a shindig @ 7pm)

Is anyone interested in coordinating/teaming up to somehow get bento to disneyland?

Bento, any particular things you wanted to check out while in L.A.?

OP
OP
infinitebento

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
For those asking, my flight is 9am wednesday at LAX. Currently literally just trying to keep a roof over my head at night and figure out what to do next.

seriously beyond grateful for all the help this community has provided 😭

I usually have some flexibilty but i'm slammed over the next couple days. However I could probably provide transportation on wednesday. (I just have to end up in santa monica for a shindig @ 7pm)

Is anyone interested in coordinating/teaming up to somehow get bento to disneyland?

Bento, any particular things you wanted to check out while in L.A.?

I haven't seen much of anything since being here. Its been dreadful. I seriously just wanted to see as much as possibly. I had a lot of contemporary art galleries on my list but ive kinda lost hope of seeing anything on my list anymore :/

Last edited:

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What a crazy story! Glad you're okay OP, and you guys are the real MVPs for helping out.

Hopefully you can try to enjoy the rest of your trip just a little bit. What a traumatizing experience.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Ana isn't LA, that's Orange County. Thats close by but It sounds like you already got help. Good on you Era

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what if you dropped off a serial killer at a serial killer's place? stay safe ya'll ;]

A Double Dexter? In the rescue suggestions? DELICIOUS!

B7K903e.gif

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
The weather has been very nice lately. If you can get to the beach, that's a good way to kill a day relaxing for free (other than the cost of eating). Our beaches are very nice! Huntington Pier and Balboa Peninsula are relatively close to you, very safe, and have cheap food options.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Hell, you have a roof over your head now, try and enjoy your time there. Maybe other ERA members in the area can show you around or take you to real LA.

Let us know if you're ever in NYC. We're pretty active and can show you around. Hell, we sometimes get special guests in our meetups.

Edit - Wait where's Torres? Haven't heard from him since... YOU KILLED HIM DIDN'T YOU!?!?