• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
infinitebento

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Hum i hope they didn't take anything that might make it harder for you to return home :/ i remember you were trying to build up your life and it must be super hard for things to happen like this, but please don't give up! Everyone knows you're super cool and i really believe your efforts will pay off.

The fact that you guys remember my journey makes me so emotional 😥 its been such a struggle bus getting this far but i wont give up

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
We just arrived in Santa Monica. Going to hit the pier + the promenade. We've arranged for her to stay at airbnb near DTLA for the next 2 days. Will check in there at around 3pm.
I remember the epic GAF meetup in Santa Monica years ago...good times.

Anyways, while you're there, some places to check out to eat, if your budget can accommodate:
- Sumo Dog (fancy hot dogs)
- Uovo (pasta, the cacio e pepe is amazing)
- Father's Office (burgers and craft beer)
- Edit: Ippudo (ramen)

Have fun, be safe y'all.

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be down to meet up but I don't get off work until 3 and LA afternoon traffic is basically worse than me straight up walking there

UFOkidd

Oct 25, 2017
I remember meeting Iceman a few years back and his undying love for the university of Florida.

I'm free tonight to grab a bite if y'all in town.

OP
OP
infinitebento

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I don't know how to express my gratitude towards everyone

this was such a scary experience and being alone made it even harder

i have 2 many feels 😓

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
The fact that you guys remember my journey makes me so emotional 😥 its been such a struggle bus getting this far but i wont give up
0e8313e52e4afb64da28c36c60e3c561.png

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, glad to see this turned out for the best and that Era stepped up for a member in need :D

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I live near Downtown LA, so where is this meetup going to be and at what time?

Also, if you need anymore help, Infinitebento, let me know. I have a futon if you need another couch to crash on, and I should be able to kick a few bucks your way if you need food money! I do have a kitty I recently adopted a month ago, but my door is always open to those that need it!

I don't have a car, sadly, but I know the hell out of LA public transportation! XD XD

Iceman

Oct 26, 2017
Alhambra, CA
Table reserved at Park BBQ at 10pm if anyone is interested. We're leaving santa monica pier now. Going to check in at the hotel next. (Then i'm off to work!)

She's going to be a few minutes north of DTLA, off of the 110.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Table reserved at Park BBQ at 10pm if anyone is interested. We're leaving santa monica pier now. Going to check in at the hotel next. (Then i'm off to work!)

I'm so impressed at how things turned out in this thread, that there's a spontaneous meetup happening. Amazing.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
This is a wild story but nice to hear some folks have been able to step up and help out. Good job, LA-area RE [oops!]. Hopefully you can get some sort of recourse, Bento.

Awesome. Well done, sir.

Last edited:

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017

Way to go! Turn a shitty vacation into an unforgettable one for Bento!

OP
OP
infinitebento

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Legit warming my decrepit dead heart with all of this kindness 😩

I hope I can meet more of you tonight and make my last days here far better than the miserable last three days ive had.

Clydefrog

Oct 25, 2017
Hawaii
Damn, I should've made a thread when I needed help moving out of CA :D

jk glad you guys are able to help out so much like you are

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Legit warming my decrepit dead heart with all of this kindness 😩

I hope I can meet more of you tonight and make my last days here far better than the miserable last three days ive had.
Well sounds to me like it started getting a lot better since last night :)

So hold your head up and say hi to all the new friends you've made and enjoy your next couple of days and then in years to come this will end up been one of those memories you never forget ☺️

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my goodness, this thread was so scary at first, but I'm so glad everything's turned out okay for you! I hope the meetup was fun and you get to experience a bunch of stuff before you leave!

Everyone who lives in the area and offered help is amazing and wonderful!

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Parks is super close to my place! I had no idea! :O

I'll definitely try and stop by if I can. I'm usually beat when I get home from work