• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I got my hair cut at a Sportsclips today. I've been amused by the chain for years but had never been inside one. The idea is just bizarre to me. Of all the things to consider when looking for a place to get your haircut, who the hell has "Are they themed around one of my pastimes" on the list?

The theming is just strange too. There are TVs all over the place showing various games, and all of the stylists have to wear branded shirts that look like jerseys. Just seems like a very specific idea to me. Did whoever come up with the idea think "Supercuts and Great Clips cater to people to want a good haircut. Fantastic Sam's kind of has an upmarket feel to it. But where does the sports fan go? This is a real untapped market!"

Did anyone ask them to explain what exactly the relationship is between sports and hair cuts?

This one seems to me mocked pretty regularly on this forum, but "gamer" chairs crack me up as well. I can understand other gamer accessories to an extent. Wireless mice and keyboards with low latency, high refresh monitors, and stuff like that that legitimately serves some sort of purpose is fine. But gamer chairs? I like to think I'm not a very judgmental person, but I can't help but think less of anyone who owns a gamer chair (hypothetically, I don't actually know anyone who has one). A chair is a chair! What exactly does a "gamer" chair get you that a, you know, regular, comfortable, well-made chair doesn't?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I laughed at sportclips for years before I realized how much better they are than any other cheap haircut chain, at least in my experience, and accepted the toxic masculinity around their dumb gimmick as a necessary evil

OP
OP
Clay

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I laughed at sportclips for years before I realized how much better they are than any other cheap haircut chain, at least in my experience, and accepted the toxic masculinity around their dumb gimmick as a necessary evil

The haircut actually was pretty decent, lol.

Kind of expensive too though, $22 pre-tip IIRC. Getting pretty close to proper barber shop territory.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Okay, this is weird, but I also went to Sport Clips today. Got a great haircut. :)

I always go there, though, because they are the best - and most consistent - haircut for price anywhere near me.