• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not crazy, at 46 minutes into the episode. The song that's playing is from soundtrack of "Their Came An Echo" right? Isn't the developer an Era native?

Really cool if so.

Clip provided by Arcia for comparison

Last edited:

Arcia

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I also noticed this when I watched that episode too. Was super recognizable for me because I have a theme for that game on my PS4 and it uses that same song.

edit: this is the theme:

Last edited:

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn is it? I played the game too back when it was gifted at the old forum. Any clip?

Jest

Oct 28, 2017

Yes, it's Big Giant Circles

Edit: And Feep would be the one to fully confirm but I believe the song was written and recorded specifically for Their Came an Echo. But I guess the Music Supervisors from Stranger Things came across it and liked it.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, it's Big Giant Circles

Edit: And Feep would be the one to fully confirm but I believe the song was written and recorded specifically for Their Came an Echo. But I guess the Music Supervisors from Stranger Things came across it and liked it.

Correct! Jimmy Hinson, a.k.a. BigGiantCircles, composed the track for the game. At some point or another, a producer on the show played the game and loved the track, and he reached out to see if they could use it for Episodes 2 and 7 of Season 2.

Jimmy maintained the rights to the music as part of the agreement, so he was the recipient of those Netflix BUX. But the increased awareness definitely drove some sales right when Season 2 was released!

I always did love this song. If you like it, you can listen to the full soundtrack and support Jimmy here. I hear he's also committed to making a small release featuring music in this style in the near future, too!

OP
OP
Aztechnology

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Correct! Jimmy Hinson, a.k.a. BigGiantCircles, composed the track for the game. At some point or another, a producer on the show played the game and loved the track, and he reached out to see if they could use it for Episodes 2 and 7 of Season 2.

Jimmy maintained the rights to the music as part of the agreement, so he was the recipient of those Netflix BUX. But the increased awareness definitely drove some sales right when Season 2 was released!

I always did love this song. If you like it, you can listen to the full soundtrack and support Jimmy here. I hear he's also committed to making a small release featuring music in this style in the near future, too!
Ah very cool, I'm glad it helped you guys at least some and must have been pretty exciting for you guys just in general.