• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Stranger-Things-web-banner.jpg

Thought I'd make a thread as constant spoiler tagging in OT is annoying and there is alot to talk about.

Big one is that people seem to think Hopper is the American in the post credits scene. I just don't see how thats him. he likely jumped into the gate, or was sent there via explosion.

stranger-things-season-3-post-credit-scene-1947186.jpg

Last edited:

Parisi

Oct 27, 2017
Stranger-Things-web-banner.jpg

Thought I'd make a thread as constant spoiler tagging in OT is annoying and there is alot to talk about.

Big one is that people seem to think Hopper is the American in the post credits scene. I just don't see how thats him. he likely jumped into the gate, or was sent there via explosion.

Why Couldn't he have run out the exit door that was under the stairs and while he was escaping, he was captured by the Russians and removed from the facility and brought to Russia

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does it tell the same story as the show? I was kinda underwhelmed with season 3, although iam a big fan of the first two seasons.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Why Couldn't he have run out the exit door that was under the stairs and while he was escaping, he was captured by the Russians and removed from the facility and brought to Russia
There was a whirling beam of presumably electricity in between him and that side of the room.

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
People sure get thrown around a lot instead of getting killed by people/things allegedly trying to kill them in this one.

Oct 27, 2017
Hopper is not dead. They very clearly showed no remains in the space he was standing. The thing I expected to happen that didn't happen was for there to be a door open three inches (either the front door of Joyce's home, or the door to Eleven's room in his cabin). Which would signify that Hopper is alive on the other side.

With the mid-credit scene, the assumption is that Hopper was taken captive by the Russians that managed to escape (you see that the Army doesn't find any Russians when they raid the facility).

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
Hopper is referred to by the Russians as the American earlier in season 3. It's him. This series always pays off its set ups.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Turn around,

In this thread ...

There may be spoilers for you to seeeeee, eeeee, eeee, eeee.

lol

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Yeah, that's basically what he says too. But a lot of people came to the conclusion that it could be Brenner too.

I think it would make much more sense to reintroduce Brenner as the lead of the Russian program. It just fits his character so much better.

He's enough of a snake that he would defect just to continue his research.

CannedSoup

Oct 30, 2017
I'm hoping Hopper hopped into the upside down, him alone in there could make for some good content in S4.

He could be the American, since there's a 3 month time gap and maybe the Russians created a new gate. It could be Brenner too though.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Are the Byers and Eleven out of Hawkins and thus of the future story? The Byers, Joyce, Will and Jonathan, I could see but Eleven still seems relevant even without her powers. Just by long distance radio then?

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I am hoping that it's Brenner in the cell and that Hopper is stuck in the Upside down.

To me that makes much more sense for Hopper, I mean how the fuck else would he have survived that? The only logical thing was for him to jump into the rift before it closes, there was absolutely no time for him to get out or somehow for soldiers to grab him and take him away before then, literally just seconds sto spare so him jumping into the rift makes the most sense.

Also this allows Brenner to come back, we know he's alive and that makes the most sense for his character, to have defected or been captured and the knowledge he has would make him very valuable as a prisoner to them and how they've learned about all of this stuff.

Are the Byers and Eleven out of Hawkins and thus of the future story? The Byers, Joyce, Will and Jonathan, I could see but Eleven still seems relevant even without her powers. Just by long distance radio then?

No way they are getting rid of Joyce/Will/Jonathan and especially Eleven.

Remember Eleven talked about visiting for thanksgiving/Christmas and things.

I'd say the next season might very well be Christmas themed (a la Gremlins). That'd definitely be a good angle to play off of.

The setup being that Brenner comes back, then they find out that Hopper is alive and in the upside down, so Eleven has to go back to Brenner to try and figure out why her powers aren't working so she can open the rift to get Hopper back.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno

No, they'll be back. Probably set the next season over a holiday when they're visiting.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was lame that the monster just died when the portal was closed.

I also don't think it's Hopper in the Russian prison - more likely to be Brett Gelman's character. If Hopper survived, he's in the Upside Down. But I doubt they'd write him back in given the send off he had.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Hop is definitely alive. The American the Russians are holding might be a red herring though.
did all the originals who was in the facility with eleven dead? i know the girl she met in NY is still around. maybe its going to be a new character.

I'm hoping Hopper hopped into the upside down, him alone in there could make for some good content in S4.

He could be the American, since there's a 3 month time gap and maybe the Russians created a new gate. It could be Brenner too though.
ghost barb should guide him.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Season 4 will have the upside down spread a virus through rental video tapes from where Steve works.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
I thought it was lame that the monster just died when the portal was closed.

I also don't think it's Hopper in the Russian prison - more likely to be Brett Gelman's character. If Hopper survived, he's in the Upside Down. But I doubt they'd write him back in given the send off he had.
Good news it's still alive just doesn't have a connection to that meat sack part anymore

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Good news it's still alive just doesn't have a connection to that meat sack part anymore

Exactly. There will always be a part of the MF stuck in on Earth. It's like a virus. As long as the gate remains closed and that connection is severed, humanity is good. However, once that gate is opened, it's coming back.

What's even more scarier is that you can't split it up, as each piece can act independent of each other.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Normally I don't mind the "its the 80's!" hammering home stuff in ST, but they really bent it til it broke this season. The Never Ending Story duet was just ridiculous overkill in a season that was actively setting character dialogue to Back To The Future BGM's with the flimsy "they're hiding in the cinema!" excuse.

Not only that, but good luck re-introducing Suzi in the future considering she's now directly responsible for the deaths of both Billy and Hopper with her needlessly long request. That's why Hop's got to be alive in my mind really. Otherwise its absolutely dreadful writing on the Duffers part.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Hops alive, I'm guessing he comes back in the end of s4 to lend a hand to eleven and co, probably up against Brenner and a portal built either near or under Chernobyl. So either they have to start a nuclear meltdown to close the gate as it's that big and/or powerful or there is a chain reaction and the meltdown happens due to the gate closing.