• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
PlayStation did tweet out it was coming in the summer like 2 weeks ago so i wouldnt be surprised if that date is legitimate.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wait hold up this twitter account, Playstation Game Size, said Oxenfree II would be coming out on February 8th 2022, and that was even picked up by Dualshockers and Techraptor.

so-that-was-a-fucking-lie-lies.gif

Oct 30, 2017
One of my most anticipated games in years :D

I have a big obsession with cats, this game is everything I ever wanted as a cat lover <3

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Now, it'd be awesome if we knew what the game plays like.
It's a narrative adventure game, with some light combat. EDGE feature was really good.
Stray sounds excellent. Narrative adventure of a cat in a post-human robotic society that lasts 8 hours with some stunning graphics. That's far longer than I expected from a team of just 5 developers, mainly former Ubisoft (Vivien Mermet-Guyenet, Colas Koola) and producer Swann Martin-Raget. There will be some free-roam and wide-linear areas. There is some light combat with bug-like critters. The cat will engage in very cat-like things. The platforming is context-sensitive rather than challenging, because it's more true-to-life that a cat would be good at that already. The cat has a robot component called B12 that allows it to communicate with robots. The robot society sounds absolutely fascinating and quite sad. Like a robot called grandma that knits or robo hobos. Then there are robots maintaining gardens or treehouses. Surprisingly, no mocap of a cat was used, but just loads of reference material thanks to the internet loving cats.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Wait hold up this twitter account, Playstation Game Size, said Oxenfree II would be coming out on February 8th 2022, and that was even picked up by Dualshockers and Techraptor.

so-that-was-a-fucking-lie-lies.gif

Well, these are just dates found on PSN backend, they can always turn out wrong, the account did get other dates right before, as well as game file sizes before that got patched out of the API access.

In this case at least we know Stray's been targeting a Summer 2022 launch since... 2 weeks ago, so this doesnt seem far fetched.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well, these are just dates found on PSN backend, they can always turn out wrong, the account did get other dates right before, as well as game file sizes before that got patched out of the API access.

In this case at least we know Stray's been targeting a Summer 2022 launch since... 2 weeks ago, so this doesnt seem far fetched.
I'm not familiar with the account so I take on board what you're saying, and I do hope the rumor is true!

Nikokuno

Unshakable Resolve
Jul 22, 2019
My 3070 will finally be able to taste some RT. Litteraly bought it because this game looked like the perfect RT showcase came with the pace and setting.

Ikarus

Oct 30, 2017
Game looks amazing. I need to know more about the gameplay itself, but very excite.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Even if it doesn't turn out well, I'm gonna fully support it anyway because we need more cat games.

EDIT: plus my cat can cosplay pretty easily.

c98yuhN.png

Last edited: