• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
That's really fucked up.

I was just speaking about shootings with a friend yesterday and how fucked up the situation in the US is right now.

Last edited:

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck the robbers.

Also, imagine having your livelihood threatened immediately after such a shitty experience, classy, twitch.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So when a creeper stalks people in the bathroom, Twitch takes their sweet time to (temporarily) ban them, but when someone gets shot at, their reaction is incredibly fast.
Fuck the robbers.

Also, imagine having your livelihood threatened immediately after such a shitty experience, classy, twitch.
I mean streamers will do anything for attention these days so I wouldn't be surprised if they see it as such.

If it is in fact all real then I hope he's alright of course.

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That looked fake as hell to me. Not that I would know for sure, but those looked like blanks on that gun.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
That looked fake as hell to me. Not that I would know for sure, but those looked like blanks on that gun.
The video looks really faked for sure, but I've thought the same in other occasions and then they turned out be real. I hope everyone is alright. Fuck guns and fuck robbers.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Are we sure this is not a staged video?

I know streamers can do a lot for attention, but staging a robbery where a gun gets ACTUALLY fired in the city in such an erratic manner? I'd like to think nobody would be that stupid. It's one thing to wave a fake gun, but this doesn't seem fake, the screaming woman also seems scared and in genuine shock.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I mean streamers will do anything for attention these days so I wouldn't be surprised if they see it as such.

If it is in fact all real then I hope he's alright of course.
Justin TV-Smollett amirite.

I assume them taking the channel offline is party due to not wanting to take the chance that someone might try that.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Errr, do we know if he's okay? Pretty fucked up. Would prefer not to have seen that if he doesn't make it.

EDIT: I'll chime in that it does seem kinda fake, just because of how quickly it devolves into shooting, but then again, the people who do this stuff in the first place aren't super rational.

Last edited:

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Looked completely fake to me. And it's completely sad that my first inclination is to feel that way.. but that's the way I feel.

Regardless, I hope nobody was hurt.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Apparently he passed by them a bit earlier on the stream.

Also, I understand skepticism but going "yeah it's fake" is probably not gonna age well. Could've been blanks but it also could've been cheap/dirty rounds.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of this instance's veracity, I'd have to think tweeting anything about your specific location and/or vehicle at any given time could potentially make you a target if you have any sort of serious viewership.

Falcon

Oct 27, 2017
Why are we assuming its faked? I know we're all trying to be a cynical as possible here but lets not immediately assume that's the case. He hasn't even posted or done anything since then so let's just hope he's safe instead?

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
He was hit? As by a bullet? Is it he who holds the camera? Since it looks like the shooter don't shoot at him straight? But to the side?

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Are you suggesting that videos of shootings should not be taken more seriously?
The streamer. Is he the one shooting at people, or the one being shot at? The way OP describes it, I understand the streamer is the one being shot at. Twitch can easily remove the VOD without taking down his channel. Or has he actually asked to be shot at?

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
The streamer. Is he the one shooting at people, or the one being shot at? The way OP describes it, I understand the streamer is the one being shot at. Twitch can easily remove the VOD without taking down his channel. Or has he actually asked to be shot at?

Given the recent live streamings of mass shootings, I would not be surprised if there is a blanket policy to lock down channels immediately. You can always restore the channel later once you have all the details.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
It's the scream that made it seem weird to me. When shots are fired, people duck their heads and run on instinct, not scream and draw attention to themselves.

We'll know before long either way.

I mean it could be faked but this is a weird take. Been in a room full of people where someone popped off 3 shots and it was tons of screaming along with people running and dropping to the floor.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
been carjacked before. it was a lowkey affair on the jacker's part, like here's a gun, get out, k thnx bye.

looks dramatic but obviously there is no protocol for robbery so i'll take it at face value. horrifying either way, glad nobody got hurt

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Everyone saying it's fake and that it was blanks, could it not have been a real carjacking and the guy doing the carjacking just used blanks to quickly scare people away from the car without actually wanting to hurt someone? I mean that doesn't seem like too much of a stretch, why everyone automatically assumes it's fake "for the views" and not that it's a criminal who just found a way to quickly scare people away without a high risk to injury/hurting someone by using blanks instead of the real thing?