• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Controversial IRL streamer Ice Poseidon, known for being a scummy pos with a racist incel fanbase and for being permanently banned on Twitch, just admitted to running a ponzi scheme live on stream. He claims it's not a ponzi scheme yet goes on to describe his company with a literal definition of a ponzi scheme. Though tbf he might actually be too dumb to realize it's a ponzi scheme
Let's hope this video spreads around so this guy gets properly fucked

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
"We're building a company dude, like, we're building a website"

He perfectly describes a ponzi scheme, reiterates it repeatedly, says it is not a ponzi scheme and that the company is simply a website.

He does't even possess the charisma or bullshitting ability to be in any way convincing.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
If the intent is for this website to get advertising revenue that will in part be used to pay back investors, I guess it's not a Ponzi scheme. But he sure does a good job making it sound like one in that video.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
giphy.gif

BAYERN

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
He's raising money for his company/website

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
how can anyone be this sad and watch this idiot

killdatninja

Oct 26, 2017
The only way for the original investors to make their money back is for additional investors to "invest" in the company (or they sell the company).
Ponzi scheme or not it sounds like an absolute disaster.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ice Poseidon is an idiot and a sociopath with no conscience. However, I believe this is all the doing of Scuffed Steve Jobs.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
"In order for the investors to make their money back, what we do is we grow the company to a certain point, and then we have other investors come in and, obviously, they invest their money as well - hopefully more than some of the others - and then, obviously, when we get more than 2 million dollars invested, the other investors get their 2 mil back, and then we have more money for the company and...shit like that."

Pon·zi scheme
/ˈpänzē ˌskēm/
noun
noun: Ponzi scheme; plural noun: Ponzi schemes
  1. a form of fraud in which belief in the success of a nonexistent enterprise is fostered by the payment of quick returns to the first investors from money invested by later investors.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
He looks like a douchebag, talks like a douchebag and acts like a douchebag.

3 red flags before he even made his pitch.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
He literally gave the law school 101 of pyramid schemes

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Between TMarTn and Prosyndicate trying to scheme kids into gambling, Ricegum and Jake Paul trying to promote a mystery box scam and this guy trying to get people involved in a pyramid scheme openly, I think any hint of power and control over an audience makes them want more to test the waters of shittiness.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
He needs to announce his run for presidency. Past crimes don't matter when you do that. I heard it from a legal expert.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
What he says is not a ponzi scheme but I dont really know what hes doing. He sounds like an idiot and has no idea what hes doing though. What's the business he has?