• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What system(s) are you planning to get Street Fighter 6 on?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 754 46.9%
  • PlayStation 4

Votes: 51 3.2%
  • Xbox Series X|S

Votes: 249 15.5%
  • PC/Steam

Votes: 712 44.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
The Team Battle mode that was spotted back in June has been unlocked by the beta modders and 2v2 and 3v3 are now playable:

unknown.png

I wish Capcom would just take my money now. it's going to be a very long 6 months...
This is insane / oh my god.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
SFV had the same team mode with a ton of options but the added beaten characters in the bg is such a super cool touch.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This game won't come out in April. It'd be way too soon after RE4 Remake.

Capcom usually gives AT LEAST a 6 month notice ahead of release for their big games, so if they announce something at the Game Awards, it's gonna be released in June or hopefully in May. This would also give it some time for players to be acclimated to the game before EVO in August.
May would be sending SF6 out to die, or at least the death of Capcom's profit margins since they'd need to spend more on marketing to stand out against Zelda.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
The Team Battle mode that was spotted back in June has been unlocked by the beta modders and 2v2 and 3v3 are now playable:

unknown.png

I wish Capcom would just take my money now. it's going to be a very long 6 months...

This is exactly why I don't give the slightest fuck if its not coming out around the corner. I want them to take as long as they feel they need to get it right. This game is seriously PACKED with fun shit to do for everyone. My job is simply to not die before the game finally comes out. Wish me luck lol.

KENMASTERS1

Apr 9, 2021
Resident Evil 2 Remake then Devil May Cry 5.

Resident Evil 8, then Monster Hunter Rise (and that's not counting MH Stories 2, Capcom Arcade Stadium and GnG Resurrection that all released close to those games).

Will it come out in April? Who knows. But saying it cant because its close to RE4 is not a good measuring stick seeing as Capcom's done it at least twice before recently.
Sure, but don't forget the fact that all of those games you mentioned had their release dates confirmed essentially 5-6+ months prior to their release, and they just so happened to release relatively close to each other.

SF6 doesn't even have so much as a "Winter 2022" or "Summer 2023" yet.

May would be sending SF6 out to die, or at least the death of Capcom's profit margins since they'd need to spend more on marketing to stand out against Zelda.

If so, they could either bite the bullet for May or release the game in June. I personally don't see this game coming out after EVO since that's a huge marketing avenue for further announcements.

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
The number of people I've seen hyped over this Team Battle mode in 6 when SFV had the exact same thing and nobody cared, ever.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I wasn't even aware SFV had it. I've been so used to fighting games taking team battle modes out of sequels that I didn't think Capcom even bothered with it outside of Versus games.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The number of people I've seen hyped over this Team Battle mode in 6 when SFV had the exact same thing and nobody cared, ever.
Yeah, but this could be a lot more fun with the faster loading and modern controls, which means casuals can have fun messing around with characters going back and forth with moves that are simple and universal to all characters. It's be another party mode.

Also, I'm secretly hoping for a straight up KOF mode.

I loved SF5 but that game seemed to have left a bad impression for a lot of people who weren't necessarily checking for every new feature the way we are for SF6, cause this is that much more exciting.

beanwilkins

Aug 3, 2022
I leave this forum for a week and come back to doom scenarios about the release date lol.

Guys, they announced this game in Feb 2022. It cant be that far away.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I leave this forum for a week and come back to doom scenarios about the release date lol.

Guys, they announced this game in Feb 2022. It cant be that far away.
I'm pretty sure Capcom sees the true announcement as June 2022, the February one was just a teaser. Plus Exoprimal is already waiting more than a year between its full reveal (March 2022) & its release (next fiscal year, April 2023 or later).

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I'd be really insterested in Team Battle if they did the old KOFs thing of the other team member being in the background and reacting to the fight.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

HOLY FUCK!

This looks even better than I imagined, it really makes a difference being able to instantly loading characters in this new hi def era with high quality assets. SNK must be watching all this with gritted teeth.

Add modern controls and this is a much better party game scenario than this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K-7vP3LNCk

I want to see this on other stages and hopefully there's an option for resets after each character defeat ala KOF, but this game's content is incredible.

LeBigMac

Oct 26, 2017
I want a separate 2v2 "duos" ranked playlist. All the ingredients are there with Team Battle mode. Do it Capcom

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't SF4 get it in an update too lol

Yep, I believe it was added in USF4. And it was the best team mode, because it has been the only one that could be played online. SFV's team mode was never online and according to the menu, SF6's team mode isn't listed under online either.

As for this, is it just KOF mode or is there an actual team mode where you're meant to partner up with other players and switch off between characters? It'd be really nice if they did both.

And if they have a true team mode that requires multiple players, having it available online would be a really good option. It'd be perfect for Battle Hub. If BH runs team tournaments like singles, it would be so easy to go up to people and ask them to join your team. A far more convenient option than looking for tournaments in SFV and checking your friends list.

Jun 25, 2022
The CPU at level 8 is the most human feeling AI I've ever played against in a fighting game as far as neutral is concerned. It like playing against a high level opponent. The only thing that it doesn't do as convincingly is punish negative on block moves. Also I'm sure some input reading is going on here and there but it's very hard to spot and never feels unfair.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For the record, KoF doesn't have seamless transitions after KOs because they're not that kind of team-based fighter. Both players goes back to mid-screen after every KO hence the fade to black. They haven't done the MvC style jump-in since KoF 2003 and XI.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
For the record, KoF doesn't have seamless transitions after KOs because they're not that kind of team-based fighter. Both players goes back to mid-screen after every KO hence the fade to black. They haven't done the MvC style jump-in since KoF 2003 and XI.
Thank you for this. That's also how DBFZ handles it despite all fighters already loaded. It's a gameplay decision, not a technical one, it already happened before with the examples cited.

View: https://youtu.be/Boxh8sOjumg?t=196

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Those Chun-Li & Juri mods are more clearly their SFV bodies spliced onto their SF6 heads in that video. The skin tone for Chun's head & body differ a noticeable bit, while Juri's fingers are thicker than they normally are in SF6.

00Quan[T]

May 12, 2022
Those Chun-Li & Juri mods are more clearly their SFV bodies spliced onto their SF6 heads in that video. The skin tone for Chun's head & body differ a noticeable bit, while Juri's fingers are thicker than they normally are in SF6.
Capcom will be happy to sell those exact skins to everyone, I bet they're seeing all this and rubbing their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.