• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Testing Update:

Netcode test from HiFight:

Now when lag is introduced into the game, both sides suffer from it, and when the lag period is over, the game resyncs appropriately.

More Updates:

===========

Last edited:

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
tenor.gif

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, what a tremendously shitty thing to do.

They took the worst possible approach here.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Cynicism wins once again. The moral of the story is never expect good things.

Some Testing Results

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, Me and jett have been having nearly lagless matches with only minimal spikes or stutter now. Used to have some perpetual stuttering and nearly lots of rollback and at least on my end have had perfect response and functionality.

cant speak for anyone else, but for Los Angeles to Peru...thats pretty damn good.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
If you all are expecting good/great netcode from a decently sized Japanese fighting game developer, you've got another thing coming.

I don't know why, but they just don't care. ArcSys, Namco, SNK, Capcom. They just don't care.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hope you all like NetherRealm fighters because that's going to be the only fighting games you'll be able to play online next gen.
I mean, MvCI has good netcode at least, so I'd imagine that SFV will build off of that. Though it's clear now that SFV just isn't capable of having MvCI's changes.

To be clear, I'm not defending the lack of any changes here.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Isnt it easy to test this out ? Just play someone thats lagging and test it out in some other game like MK.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What a stupid thread, no offense. And what a stupid community the FGC is.

Of course Capcom was going to prevent people from hacking the game. That doesn't mean Capcom didn't do anything else. All the usual suspects out on twitter jumping to conclusions.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
They made things worse, the already PoS netcode got worse hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

EDIT:PS i never used the mod netcode, playing with a friend every match is unstable...

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Everything in Capcom has been doing so great but the fighting game division. I don't understand why...

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Of course Capcom was going to prevent people from hacking the game. That doesn't mean Capcom didn't do anything else. All the usual suspects out on twitter jumping to conclusions.

You're right, its stupid for us to expect better.

Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com

RoF on Twitter

“Don't understand the commotion regarding the patch. A bunch of people in Australia are claiming that a connection from PERTH (far west of Australia) is getting a really smooth connection with New Zealand. Of course Capcom won't allow an unofficial mod, any developer would that.”

Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter team, wonderful job!
Resident Evil team, wonderful job!
Devil May Cry team, wonderful job!
Street fighter team........

giphy.gif

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You're right, its stupid for us to expect better.
If you expected Capcom to allow people to keep on hacking the game's netcode, you're not very smart.

I've been playing SFV for about 90 minutes since the servers went back up and so far I've had good games against people thousands of miles away. Of course that doesn't mean a whole lot since it's only been 90 minutes of "testing." But it's more than the dumbass Corybell up in the OP who starts bitching and moaning 30 seconds after the servers went up.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
1. Of course it prevents the fan mod, how else would it work going forward
2. Some people are saying it works
3. Why are we automatically assuming these kneejerk reactions on Twitter know what they're talking about? It seems like they were lining up to dump on Capcom before the maintenance was even over.
4. Why was the PS4 version updated if it was just to remove the mod?
5. Why would Ono say they applied a netcode adjustment and then specifically ASK for feedback?

I know Capcom has done seriously stupid things in the past with this game, and I'm usually the first to call them out on it, but for once they actually did (tried?) something we all wanted and 2/3 the FGC just decided to jump on them at the first opportunity.

That's some shitty behaviour.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

1582081993754.png

The knee jerk reaction over this without testing for more than a few hours has been ASTOUNDING to witness.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you expected Capcom to allow people to keep on hacking the game's netcode, you're not very smart.

I've been playing SFV for about 90 minutes and so far I've had good games against people thousands of miles away. Of course that doesn't mean a whole lot since it's only been 90 minutes of "testing." But it's more than the dumbass Corybell up in the OP who starts bitching and moaning 30 seconds after the servers went up.

Your namecalling is not helping anyone.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

The update coming out is news. My copy is still updating so I haven't had a chance to try it, but I've posted everything of relevance to the current status and have not assumed it has done "nothing" like many others.

Unsure what else you would've preferred. As I'll be keeping the OP update when more tests and analyzation is done.

I even Threadmarked that your testing has shown it seems to be differnt in Joe's post.