• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Hmmm can't say she looks interesting. Boring CA too...Looks like I can save some more FM

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
man i was excited for her but she looks kinda lame tbh. i will need to see some cool sequences with her

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Strangely feeling 'meh' about this trailer and not sure why. Was really looking forward to another female character as this is the last one we will get for the rest of the year(?) probably. She'll probably be fun to play, though.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Wow those animations are bland af, i like her low sniper shot but everything else screams "meh" to me.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Rather interesting how she not only uses her staff like a firearm, but also the idea that she shares similar moveset to Ed in terms of input commands. It will be neat to see if she will get her time to shine at higher levels of play, but for now, she seems ok.

Of course, all eyes are now set on a certain someone who will likely get revealed in the coming month or so.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
she feels like the complete opposite from menat in terms of hype. people went crazy over her walk and here veryone is just meh. dunno why they made her reveal so anticlimactic

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
After seeing how slow she is I've lost some interest in this girl. Her playstyle of having to hold a button down while playing seems like will be annoying on a pad too.

she feels like the complete opposite from menat in terms of hype. people went crazy over her walk and here veryone is just meh. dunno why they made her reveal so anticlimactic
Falke seems like a Kolin-tier reveal.

TooFriendly

Oct 30, 2017
Everyone getting on the bland wagon.

I think maybe the concept behind her upright, stiff movements was for her to be like a stereotypical stiff German. Which would be cool really.
But if they are going for that they should have gone all in with it. Like her winning animation should not have her spinning around like they do with basically all the female characters. She should have stood even more upright and slammed her staff straight down into the ground. That would have made the connection to bison stronger too.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
After seeing how slow she is I've lost some interest in this girl. Her playstyle of having to hold a button down while playing seems like will be annoying on a pad too.

Falke seems like a Kolin-tier reveal.
She's full defensive character, kinda like Guile now on Season 3.5, that's why they whiffed what would be some rushdown tools of her and dash ins.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Ya Falke missing the mark for me as well. Seems smart to target an audience with easy inputs with a character that's more likely to sell costumes unlike Ed.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I misread the thread title and thought it said fake reveal trailer

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
AFCYDyg.png

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm watching the reveal stream and her gameplay looks fun and interesting. Even more considering she has casual friendly inputs like Ed, which is going to make her more appealing to a broader amount of players (from the 99.99% of them, who don't read Resetera and aren't pro-players).
Battle costume looks very cool and her main costume in white too.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
She's missing that extra touch like how Rolento's staff flexing during some moves sold the illusion of him really swinging the hell out of it. For all its faults SFIV (technically SFxT) got that right.

Falke's overhead swing would look a bit better if the tip of the staff actually hit the ground and she used the force of the rebound to bring it back up.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If that gif above is anything to go by, she absolutely has the animation flourishes that characters like Abigail, Zeku, and Menat have. In fact, people said Abigail had bad animations when he was first revealed as well, and look how that turned out. Wouldn't be surprised if people backpedaled on this one as well.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
yes. she looks wack. best thing about her is her toeless socks in the white costume. And Dem thighs. But that's it.

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I personally can't believe that's so much talk about animation on a fighting game character. It's not something I've paid too much attention to. Falke looks fine to me.

I'm interested in playing after watching the stream earlier today. Admittedly she looks kinda weak but she has some interesting zoning tools. I want to mess around with a character like that.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I personally can't believe that's so much talk about animation on a fighting game character. It's not something I've paid too much attention to. Falke looks fine to me.

I totally can. Every fighting game seems to be nitpicked to a ridiculous degree where places where it lacks, even if others are great, somehow makes it hideous or meme worthy.

They set a pretty high bar with some of their character animation, and not every one is going to knock it out of the park. It's fine by most fighting game standards, just not as dynamic as most seemed to be expecting. I think the criticism is warranted, and it's not egregiously bad or anything, just a little lackluster.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never did equate the overall quality of the animation. I'm just responding to the original guy who claimed she isn't attacking over an invisible box in front of her. The only thing I equated was the lines of reasoning the current people here defending her animations and the NRS apologists defending the animations in Injustice.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
That training(story) outfit is top tier no wonder they showed it in the trailer when they normally always show the default.

The animation still looks pretty awkward though, I blame her standing pose tbh, for that attack she has to awkwardly take her hand off her hip and use it super fast and both of her legs barely move which doesn't seem right if you're smashing down with a club like that. Also her heels look dumb.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom fighting games always have a microscope on them. Even if you think it looks a bit stiff like I do, it still looks fine overall.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Lilly Kane is all grown up now.

But yeah, there is a lot of overlap between Falke and Billy (especially in the attack animations).

After seeing her design in the reveal trailer I was curious about her but what they did with her gameplay is... yeah, bland is a great way to put it.

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not super familiar with Billy Kane but they don't really seem that similar.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not super familiar with Billy Kane but they don't really seem that similar.

The video starts with his jump kick special where he springs off into the air, which is the start up animation for Falke's CA.

Then there is also his very obvious fwd+B kick command normal where he vaults forward using the stick, which she also has (don't know if it's just a normal for her or a command normal).

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Holding down buttons during gameplay doesn't mean I have to charge right?

Her fireballs must be charged.

The video starts with his jump kick special where he springs off into the air, which is the start up animation for Falke's CA.

Then there is also his very obvious fwd+B kick command normal where he vaults forward using the stick, which she also has (don't know if it's just a normal for her or a command normal).

I guess. Both of those look kinda different to me. That second one is a special move btw (KK).

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Her KK looks similar to Kung Jin's move which has the exact same "plant staff on ground and use it to spring forward and kick the opponent"