• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
First thing I saw from that outfit:

Da6gvIoVAAAPxwO.jpg:large

Fun fact: this costume isn't playable in Tekken 7, even when there's a model for it and everything.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
All season 3 characters so far are badly animated.

I'm not interested in making Blanka gifs but he is well animated.
Lol what? She's got Ed's hairstyle, wears Ed's uniform, has some of Ed's moves and looks like a Bison doll. She's the 100th blonde fighter in the game; you could literally make her more unique by changing her hair color lol. I do like that she's seemingly got elphelts rifle animations but with a stick. Her alts could be cool if they change her weapon too but I don't think they will.

I thought all the bo-gun stuff made her pretty unique... oh well.

Her bo staff gun can fire in spurts.

BG
bison clone gun

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Nina Williams cosplayer?
Just a typical fetish catsuit. Zipper should have been much lower in my opinion.

Capcom has been playing it conservatively with the initial competitiveness of DLC characters post-Akuma. The S2 new character roster and S3 so far have ranged from mid-to-low tier at launch. I strongly suspect Falke will continue that trend.
Im actually glad Capcom holds back on making the DLC characters all top tier for the initial release window and then normalizing them later.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
She looks pretty boring to me. Can't wait for Cody, I hope he's next in blonde fighter 5

Greenzxy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Season 2 and Season 3 have the same animation quality kinks that didn't exist in Season 1.
The only difference is, Season 2 just had more flair compared to 3 which helped masked out a lot of the technical and compositional groundwork from the previous season.

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
There are characters here and there with a few awkward looking animations. But id say overall all of the characters in tye game have amazing animations, even Sakura barring a few.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Hm. Maybe it's because a certain other game just released 4 DLC characters that were really exciting to me, but Falke appears pretty... meh? The gun-staff thing is a cool idea, to a degree. But there's definitely a sense of mediocrity to her poses and way of attacking; she just doesn't seem to leave a great impression. It's as if I keep waiting for her to do the impressive, and instead, she does just enough to say she's there. I like Rolento's stick fighting, Eagles Kali sticks look awesome, I even like Nanase's from SFEX's stick fighting. And Billy Kane is the perfect example of a character that tosses out a variety of complex, or visually interesting staff moves that just make your eyes perk to attention. The complication of handling such a weapon is normally very striking.

Billy-newo3gif.gif

She SPEAKS a bit like the character I'm imagining her to be, but the actual illustration of it, from this preview, is just seriously lacking. Geeze, even the Monkey King bar in Soul Calibur 3 brings back fonder memories. I really can't think of one fighter where a staff user has so visually underwhelmed me. They're normally some of the best showcases of mastery, dynamics and complexity.

The white color for her training outfit looks incredibly bland. The Orange version shown in the Season Pass picture definitely gives off a more complex feeling. The Catsuit... is a catsuit? Really, she doesn't look super-sexy in it or anything. I guess she excels at being super lukewarm.

Sure I'll give her a shot in play. I look forward to seeing how they pull off Ed Inputs 2.0. But she not as hype as I was imagining her to be. This is actually fine, as I've enjoyed enough characters to still feel like the remaining ones have potential. I just hope Cody is WAY more striking than Falke here. And that G really shows off in a fresh way, too. It's kinda hard to mess up Sagat, so I don't think I have to worry about that. But I'm much more concerned for Cody, than I was before, now...

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
There's something about her story costume that... wakes something within me. Feelings of hype, maybe?

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I think she looks fine. I was expecting a more energetic style, and some of the up-close animations do look a little funny (with the wrist rather than arms and body weight seeming to do all the work), but I don't see any general problem with the animation. The trailer also makes it a little hard to tell what her neutral pose and walking animations look like--those go some way toward developing a character's attitude.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Some Falke costumes I'd eventually like to see:
  • Rolento-esque military outfit
  • Schoolgirl costume with yardstick staff
  • Sporty pole vaulter costume with pole staff
  • Swimsuit costume with folded beach umbrella staff
  • Holiday costume (perhaps a green elf look) with a candy cane staff
  • Monster Hunter crossover costume with a gunlance staff

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Falke doesn't need to be overly flashy. She isn't a show off. She's taking you out, thats it.

I mean,

Characters like Akuma, Ryu, Kolin, and many others aren't show offs either but they still have pretty stylized fighting styles to make them more visually attractive to see in motion.

This girl straight has Psycho Power but the impact of her swings and what not are just "meh."

VTII is approaching where we should be at IMO, especially given how a staff isn't exactly the easiest thing to wield in a fight unless you want to use it as a club and little else

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
How about a Regina Crossover Costume?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

Insect Glaive seems more fitting both when it comes to her actually using it and the fact that the IG can shoot the mucus stuff for your kinsect to target

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus her animations look terrible. I was hoping I'd pick her up too before I saw this trailer.

Guess I'll keep the Ed dream alive till I see Cody and G.