• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I don't see the bad animation that some people are talking about, I just think it's mostly just straight forward/stiff looking compared to most of the cast. Doesn't make it bad...boring though? Sure. Only "bad" animation that sticks out is the one that she looks like she's hitting a pinata or something and also her CA is pretty lame. She looks fun to play but I don't think I can play with her well since he has Ed style inputs but I'd definitely will try her out.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Some Falke costumes I'd eventually like to see:
  • Rolento-esque military outfit
  • Schoolgirl costume with yardstick staff
  • Sporty pole vaulter costume with pole staff
  • Swimsuit costume with folded beach umbrella staff
  • Holiday costume (perhaps a green elf look) with a candy cane staff
  • Monster Hunter crossover costume with a gunlance staff
Id like to see a
-Gambit Color like Cammy got with her Cyclops and Psylocke ones
-Final Fight Crossover costume with Lucia

1982158-zzz_final_fight_unlimited.jpg

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm really into her playstyle. Excited to try her out.

Her CA is shit though.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I may have just found someone to fight over my love of Karin. Good Lord.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Yo lmfao those animations are really fucking bad

Falke looking like a KI character lmfao, why are Capcom so bad at this

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

*Why is

And they aren't, Street Fighter V having bad animation is a meme with no basis. Falke is the first one who's animations look kinda bank, and even then they don't look that bad.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
*Why is

And they aren't, Street Fighter V having bad animation is a meme with no basis. Falke is the first one who's animations look kinda bank, and even then they don't look that bad.

I'm at work right now, but nigga I can tell you right now that I don't base my opinions off of popular consensus/memes or whatever the fuck you're on about

It looks bad. There's been an inconsistency with character animation and how it interacts with the game -- specifically how the look of hitstop varies between the individual DLC cast. It looks eithed borderline nonexistent (Juri, Sakura, Falke) or grossly exaggerated, even more so than SF is typically known for (Urien, Abigail, Balrog. Abigail has it the WORST.)

It's not some offensive thing that you gotta dismiss as a meme. It just looks bad to people. Either state your case on why you don't think it's bad or hit the road.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
She looks pretty boring, attack wise. Like the concept of using the staff for projectiles is cool but it doesn't seem to be presented in the most visually interesting way (also yeah that CA is pretty basic too)

I audibly groaned when I heard she was yet ANOTHER Bison clone (how many of these are we at now, seriously?) but the angle of being like a sibling to Ed is unique at least

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What is this, a gamefaqs post? You probably have no clue what good animation looks like because if you did you wouldn't say they are "bad". Remember when Abigail was out and FGC entitled-babies cried? Well now he's considered a great character.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Man so far I haven't dug any characters this season. Sagat might be for me, we'll see.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously don't see what's so bad about Falke's animations, and I'm far from a Capcom apologist. Some of her attacks are conceptually boring, but none of the animations look bad or out of place to me. We go through the same song and dance with every reveal. I'm sure people will warm up to her after tomorrow's showcase.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously don't see what's so bad about Falke's animations, and I'm far from a Capcom apologist. Some of her attacks are conceptually boring, but none of the animations look bad or out of place to me. We go through the same song and dance with every reveal. I'm sure people will warm up to her after tomorrow's showcase.
Yeah, I'm definitely no Capcom apologist, but I also don't really see the bad animation. Some of her movements are very "snappy" and not fluid, but I also associate that with the property of rekkas, so I guess I kind of gloss over that. I do acknowledge what some are saying where some attacks with her staff lack weight and impact, but I also kind of associate that with it being infused with psycho power. Gotta see more.

But I will say she does seem more "boring" than I would have liked. Dunno if it's her personality or what. Hopefully I warm up to her as we see more.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
What is this, a gamefaqs post? You probably have no clue what good animation looks like because if you did you wouldn't say they are "bad". Remember when Abigail was out and FGC entitled-babies cried? Well now he's considered a great character.

You think I care about what the """FGC""" thinks? Abigail could be top 5 for the remainder of Season 3 and he still looks like Alter Amiba's janky moving ass. The purpose of Abigail's movement was meant to simulate how Guy and Cody attacked in Final fight-- which titles like SFA3 and SF4 managed to perfectly translate across arcade boards/home platforms. Abigail doesnt have that leverage like they do to excuse the animation jank. It's awful.

Being a well balanced/top tier character doesn't excuse that character from having awful animation frames.

Those ashy fingers of yours got anything worthwhile to say to me or no? You gonna base your argument on some wack "lol gamefaqs" brush-away?

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, i mean as i stated before, characters like Zeku/Abigail everyone thought that they've looked stiff in the trailers, but in game they have one of the best animations in the game.

Oct 25, 2017
If this animation is considered bad, I have no idea what level I'd even begin to put other fighters on. Hellishly abysmal desolated garbage might be a start.

As far as the character is concerned, she looks interesting. Season 2 was so great in having all new characters instead of rehashed old ones. Hopefully Cody is only him in name/spirit and not completely in moveset. I don't really expect anything from Sagat except easy, powerful shoto-ish trash with lots of costumes since he will be popular. G will essentially be the end of the season for me.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Her style looks similar to Rolento. The animations are not bad, she does look a bit stiff but i think thats just how they want to perceive her.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Her animation is fine. It's nowhere near as bad as someone like abigail or every NRS character ever made

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like maybe additional hit stun or something going on with her move set. Capcom possibly positioning her to be a bit of a pick up and play character like Ed was?

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
It seems like maybe additional hit stun or something going on with her move set. Capcom possibly positioning her to be a bit of a pick up and play character like Ed was?
Maybe, Ed just has easy controls, but he's not easy to play at high level at all, not like Cammy/Ryu/Guile. I think Falke will follow the same style.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Her style looks similar to Rolento. The animations are not bad, she does look a bit stiff but i think thats just how they want to perceive her.
It kinda reminds me of when Capcom used to Re-use sprites and the characters just had less animation frames randomly. But its hard to judge until we see her in a full match.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's clear why some people think she has "stiff" animations. It's because she's designed on purpose to have less "flair" and "glitter" because of her lore. In her story she was isolated, experimented on, and trained as a soldier, so now, more or less, behaves and moves like one.

Her moves feel like they are from a military of sort. Like example, the hand on the hip, the wide stance, when she uses V-Skill and the way she uses her staff as a sniper gun. Her personality is basically the opposite of Rolento and that reflects in her moveset.

The attention to detail is focused on movement manoeuvring the staff as opposed to her whole body.

Last edited:

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
Someone just said she looks like Rolento, but I'm getting some Eagle vibe from her too. Falke means Hawk in German after all amirite? :)

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I'm guessing her nail polish will vary based on the colors selected.

Anyway, that Story costume is definitely mine.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
for real

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
A complete look at her Critical Art:

The way the dmg happens is unfortunate. The ko freeze frame takes away all the impact. It feels like the dmg happens before the staff fully slams the head. Might look better mid fight when you get an uninterrupted hit into the opponent being slammed into the ground.

Uesaka Sumire not the type of voice I expected

Last edited:

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's clear why some people think she has "stiff" animations. It's because she's designed on purpose to have less "flair" and "glitter" because of her lore. In her story she was isolated, experimented on, and trained as a soldier, so now, more or less, behaves and moves like one.

Her moves feel like they are from a military of sort. Like example, the hand on the hip, the wide stance, when she uses V-Skill and the way she uses her staff as a sniper gun. Her personality is basically the opposite of Rolento and that reflects in her moveset.

The attention to detail is focused on movement manoeuvring the staff as opposed to her whole body.
this might be the greatest spin for bad animation I've ever read for a fighting game

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I think she looks "fine". Not the flashiest or hypest character ever, but not terrible looking or anything.

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this might be the greatest spin for bad animation I've ever read for a fighting game

Saying "bad animation" over and over again simply won't make it come true. This isn't a fairytale son. The fact you can't even understand why her movement is like this, even after an explanation, just proves how much of a troll you are.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

My guy I like SFV, but you're doing some biblical stanning right now.