• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still going with my old prediction of Neo Street Fighter V in 2020, SFV's final retail release, containing a new cinematic story focused on Neo Shadaloo. Ed, Falke, and co will be on the cover.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, and isn't it super plus on block? Seems like it's gonna be a very good button for catching people walking back.

The corner set-ups are going to be a little silly. If they delay get-up, they're going to eat another 40 damage and Falke will be able to time another meaty on wake-up timing they can no longer control. If they quick rise or back-roll, you can get a +4 meaty on block/+7 meaty on hit that combos into cr.HP.

She's probably not a pressure monster in the first place, but that's all pretty good.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
"Those Shadaloo bastards have gone too far..."

Damn Cammy has a foul mouth, her win quote to Falke.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, and isn't it super plus on block? Seems like it's gonna be a very good button for catching people walking back.
He might have meant OTG properties after a CC, and not just that it hits as a low. Either way, because her frame trap game is weak, I don't think it's gonna really serve as a button for that. Mainly as a meaty.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I am watching Infil's stream and Cammy punished Falke with a crouching medium punch and she used a staff it. HUH???? Does Capcom even test hurtboxes?

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
I am watching Infil's stream and Cammy punished Falke with a crouching medium punch and she used a staff it. HUH???? Does Capcom even test hurtboxes?

He was out of range. You will get counterpoked on any character if they stick a normal into that situation.

Edit - unless you're Menat. But her staff is not a disjointed hitbox like the orb is.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I will say that I completely have given up on the idea of reflecting any projectiles with falke's vskill and will just be using it to build v meter for now. It's way slower than menat's reflect but i think thats fine because of how easy it is to combo into.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if there's any way to make the R3 and L3 buttons usable on SFV for PC?

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just about everyone on Infil's stream is saying she sucks. Fucking haters.

They are just following the herd like sheep as usual, I remember when twitch chat said Menat sucked initially too. Floe/Jwong on the other hand seems to be enjoying her - which is what matters unless you are trying to win tourneys.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I think she is going to be good, but remember the new character cycle: People get bodied by people playing their mains and will call the character trash.

My friend after spending 20mins in training mode with her, don't like her, so we played 4 first to 3 matches lost 3 of the 4, the last game I was getting used to Falke, i have done no trials just some messing around in training mode for 10mins and i beat his main in one of the sets 3-0 lol.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Though, typically with SFV, new characters are released and are relatively underwhelming until the next season buffs them. Menat was an exception to this. We'll see if Falke is as well later on in the season.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Though, typically with SFV, new characters are released and are relatively underwhelming until the next season buffs them. Menat was an exception to this. We'll see if Falke is as well later on in the season.

Menat was ok but she really needed Soul Spark to really round her out, so I wouldn't say she's the exception.

I'd say Akuma and Abigail were strong from the beginning, but of course people also thought Akuma sucked at the start too lol

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Missed the mark by... having a hurt box on her staff?

Menat is literally the only character who has gotten to break that rule. Don't whiff.

Not because of the hurt box exactly, I understand why that's there but it comes off really weird as a staff character who could have been balanced around not having hurt box on the end of the staff.

Just an odd kit imo, but I'm also a little biased since she was the only season 3 character I was excited for but everything I've seen has been underwhelming. A staff user with psycho power, and the best they could do was it shoots projectiles. A wasted opportunity. Thought maybe I'd see something that would change my mind on the streams.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Menat was ok but she really needed Soul Spark to really round her out, so I wouldn't say she's the exception.

I'd say Akuma and Abigail were strong from the beginning, but of course people also thought Akuma sucked at the start too lol
Menat was widely considered one of the best characters at the end of Season 2, without Soul Spark.

Akuma would be another exception. Not Abigail, however. What he was then is like how he is now in Season 3.5.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Guys... we are so close to Cody right now. If we are lucky, and we rarely are, we may see him in less than 32 days. I am pretty damn hyped.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get her trial 10 at all, even trying to move forward a bit before the MP.
I just want to get my FM from the trial XP and move on.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I see. What exactly do you want them to do? You could probably do something with the Steam controller mapping.
If I played Falke it'd be nice to have an extra punch button in there, but I'd like to have more shortcuts too, for like throwing.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I dont care about season 3 anymore but Falke needs her hurtboxes changed. I mean the stuff i'm seeing is crazy bad on that. She's so fun but man if I get punished cause of stupid things like this i'm gonna be angry. Test your fucking characters before releasing them... jesus christ.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
If I played Falke it'd be nice to have an extra punch button in there, but I'd like to have more shortcuts too, for like throwing.
Yeah, I can go into the controller settings for SFV in the Steam overlay and set L3/R3 to any button or combination of buttons. Set L3 to taunt and R3 to grab for funsies and it works.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I dont care about season 3 anymore but Falke needs her hurtboxes changed. I mean the stuff i'm seeing is crazy bad on that. She's so fun but man if I get punished cause of stupid things like this i'm gonna be angry. Test your fucking characters before releasing them... jesus christ.
You're saying this like it's not intentional and integral to her design.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
yeah that micro step in Trial is just.. Fuck off.

You are either too far for St.MP to hit or too late for her stomp to combo.

This could be solved by making her projectile VTC on the second hit.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017

Guile and Urien were also okay enough at the start as well. Problem was that season 1's top tier was super strong.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Huh how do I do this???
Go into Big Picture mode and head to the SFV game page. Click on "Manage Game" then "Controller Configuration". Click on either analog stick's settings and replace "LS/RS CLICK" with any button combination you want. Make sure to turn on multi-button for grabs and such.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Heh.
pYBTVxA.jpg

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Go into Big Picture mode and head to the SFV game page. Click on "Manage Game" then "Controller Configuration". Click on either analog stick's settings and replace "LS/RS CLICK" with any button combination hou want. Make sure to turn on multi-button for grabs and such.

Just managed to do it, thanks a lot for the tip. This is...revelatory to me. I've suffered so much by messing up throwing inputs. I'll go ahead and put taunt on select since that button is never used either lol.

Oct 25, 2017
L3 and R3 are mapped to training options. L3 restarts Trials and R3 restarts Training Mode. Plus SFV doesn't have those two macros because they're two more buttons than the average stick is allowed to have.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
L3 and R3 are mapped to training options. L3 restarts Trials and R3 restarts Training Mode. Plus SFV doesn't have those two macros because they're two more buttons than the average stick is allowed to have.
Yeah you know what I don't give a shit. Tekken allows people to map their gamepads however the hell they want.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Just managed to do it, thanks a lot for the tip. This is...revelatory to me. I've suffered so much by messing up throwing inputs. I'll go ahead and put taunt on select since that button is never used either lol.
Glad to help. The only problem with this is that I have to start the game from Big Picture for it to remember my bindings. Might just be my PC though.

Status
Not open for further replies.